Muster Drill when 2 days in departing port

My mom is taking the Canada NE trip from Quebec, and they have an overnight. She wants to know when the muster drill would be so she can make plans to leave the ship and go do things.

Also, are taxis are readily available at the port? She wants to go to St Anne's on her own so she can spend as much time as she wants there as opposed to taking a tour where she is forced on their schedule. How would she get a taxi back from St Annes if she decided to do that?

Appreciate the help.

I believe the lifeboat drills are scheduled before actual ship departure, not on the day of embarkation on the ship itself which is your case is a two day stay. If this is the case, and we need to check, the muster time is typically a half hour or hour before actual departure. There will be plenty of notice of the time passengers need to be back onboard at the gangway.

Tours have agreed schedules; not sure I could call them "forced" schedules. People know what they are getting into if they wish to sign up for them. If they want their own flexibility then of course doing what your mother is doing is the best way to go. Many now use Uber or Lyft for personal transportation - would this be one way to ensure she can get a ride back to the port?

But, if you are just boarding the ship, and even if there is an overnight, you still must attend the muster drill, whenever it is scheduled. They do take attendance, and you can't wait onshore until it's over in an attempt to avoid the drill. There's no getting around it, you must attend a muster drill at initial boarding, before sail-away, and every 30 days after that, if your cruise is a long one.

I believe the lifeboat drills are scheduled before actual ship departure, not on the day of embarkation on the ship itself which is your case is a two day stay. If this is the case, and we need to check, the muster time is typically a half hour or hour before actual departure. There will be plenty of notice of the time passengers need to be back onboard at the gangway.

Tours have agreed schedules; not sure I could call them "forced" schedules. People know what they are getting into if they wish to sign up for them. If they want their own flexibility then of course doing what your mother is doing is the best way to go. Many now use Uber or Lyft for personal transportation - would this be one way to ensure she can get a ride back to the port?

I suggested the same thing about Uber or lift but she's nervous about that and doesnt have data on her phone, only wireless. Which is why I was asking about taxis. Thx!!