Majestic or Solstice

I think in some cases, like yours and such that it is simply moving people into the empty cabins but then many of the Accessible cabins seem to be booked up early, perhaps they get released again as people drop out or perhaps people who want these cabins need to contact the cruise line directly to get a hold onto them.

We were once allocated an accessible cabin on Voyager of the Seas. Whilst we enjoyed the extra space we made it very clear we would like to be re located if someone with special needs required that cabin. We ended up keeping the cabin but would have been mortified if someone else had been knocked back.

Mrs Gut: look for something next December.

So comes down, I think, to Majestic Princess to Tas, 8 nights, or Solstice 9 nights to the Islands.

(Have a hold on Majestic, they seem much harder to get an accessible cabin)

Which should I go with?

Any opinions welcome.

We are in an accessible cabin ( my youngest is in a motorised wheelchair) to new zealand in feb, so i can let you know our thoughts on the balcony cabin.

we too tossed up between the solstice and Majestic, as many of the other ships do not do a three or four berth accessible cabin. We went with the majestic in the end as it was a round trip whereas solstice was one way. Either way i am sure you will have a great time.

Have fun deciding.

cheers maree

Ok, Majestic is slightly in front at this stage.

A few reasons, price is similar, OBC is similar. Mrs G doesn’t really like hot conditions so Tas in Dec may be a bit more to her liking. majestic has better deposit requirements and perhaps most importantly for us we can get a better position on Majestic than on Solstice, in spite of first indications.

I know a few who have had that happened although it does seem strange when people who want them cannot seem to get them.
It happened to me too on our first ever cruise on RCI - Rhapsody...we also booked late and the travel agent assigned it..we didn't realise until I looked up the room location

While the extra room was nice I would have happily swapped rooms if it was required

What I dont like is when people intentionally book them and then hope they dont get swapped out ... I think the cruise line should make sure that there is a genuine need (unless filling empty cabins last minute of course)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Forums mobile app

Have been on Celebrity Solstice to NZ some 5 years ago, nice ship, nice cabins and great bathrooms. But no walk around prom deck.

Not been on Majestic Princess, but been on the same Royal Class - Royal Princess - British Isles a month ago, OK ship, plenty of room up top but no walk around promenade deck.

For us, both were rather too large, 3500 pax. Would rather a smaller ship, max Princess Grand Class of P&O UK/HAL Vista Class.

I could not pick a winner.:halo:

Have been on Celebrity Solstice to NZ some 5 years ago, nice ship, nice cabins and great bathrooms. But no walk around prom deck.

Not been on Majestic Princess, but been on the same Royal Class - Royal Princess - British Isles a month ago, OK ship, plenty of room up top but no walk around promenade deck.

For us, both were rather too large, 3500 pax. Would rather a smaller ship, max Princess Grand Class of P&O UK/HAL Vista Class.

I could not pick a winner.:halo:

Thanks Uncle Les

Promenade deck doesn’t bother me much, the passenger numbers do. I so miss the beautiful little ships, like Pacific Princess.

Had two days on Solstice found her very nice.

Thanks Uncle Les

Promenade deck doesn’t bother me much, the passenger numbers do. I so miss the beautiful little ships, like Pacific Princess.

Had two days on Solstice found her very nice.

Yes Mr Gut, ye olde Pacific Princess, did a 30 dayer on her in 2005, Sydney to Oaska, Japan. Loved ye olde R Class. Don't get me started on the Adonia ones I missed out on this year.:evilsmile:

• 3 months later...

1vote for the solstice 

have cruised heaps and found  this ship to be the best thus far 

staff, cabins, service, food and entertainment were all extremely good. Did a Sydney return to nz .

doing solstice again in 2019.

can't Compare with majestic princess, however can't go wrong with solstice.

Edited by portcbob

52 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

For me it would be the Solstice , we have done two 10 day new zealand trips , far better food  and entertainment ...not perfect but better

regards

John

I prefer X to Princess as well but not exclusively. I need to try other lines as well to get the itineraries I want for when I want.

On 7/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, Chiliburn said:

They should have ironed the bugs out on the majestic by next December.

New ships seem to be unorganised and lack good staff.

An tassie is always good.

I would hope they have ironed out any bugs after more than 18 months.

Majestic Princess was launched 31st March 2017.

I'll be very disappointed next week if there are still bugs that have not been sorted out.

• Like 1