Princess EZair Amex Delta Credit Card and baggage fee

Redwing55

I haven't called around YET, but curious if anyone has experienced if Delta is allowing one free checked bag/passenger if one has the Delta Amex credit card? Delta is no longer comping one bag on overseas flights to/from US to Europe.

If yes, how does/did one pay? Or alternately, how did you qualify for the free checked bag.

I'd prefer for the cruise to be on my non-Delta card, but I would pay for it with the Delta Amex if need be. However, we have made substantial deposits already (do to some Amex card rebates, most not with the Delta card.) Maybe one can just pay the EZfare with the Delta Amex card?

Hoping that this isn't confusing for you all.

TIA.

I'm pretty sure any such perks would require you to purchase the ticket directly from the airline. Or would only apply to standard ticket classes not the group/bulk/reseller class codes your EZAir ticket may be issued under.

I haven't called around YET, but curious if anyone has experienced if Delta is allowing one free checked bag/passenger if one has the Delta Amex credit card? Delta is no longer comping one bag on overseas flights to/from US to Europe.

If yes, how does/did one pay? Or alternately, how did you qualify for the free checked bag.

I'd prefer for the cruise to be on my non-Delta card, but I would pay for it with the Delta Amex if need be. However, we have made substantial deposits already (do to some Amex card rebates, most not with the Delta card.) Maybe one can just pay the EZfare with the Delta Amex card?

TIA.

It has been my experience that you need not purchase your ezair ticket with your Delta gold card to get your free bag. Our last cruise ended in December and we paid for the entire cruise with our Princess Visa which included ezair flights. We went home from Orlando too instead of Fort Lauderdale so we could visit family.

Delta will know you have the AMEX card when you add your frequent flyer number to your booking. We usually still get pre-check too as long as we are booked and don't make changes too close to departure time.

When did Delta stop the free bag going overseas? We had a business class ticket for our return from England after a transatlantic that we didn't take in April due to a move over offer we couldn't refuse. That flight included 2 free bags so I wasn't concerned at that time.

It has been my experience that you need not purchase your ezair ticket with your Delta gold card to get your free bag. Our last cruise ended in December and we paid for the entire cruise with our Princess Visa which included ezair flights. We went home from Orlando too instead of Fort Lauderdale so we could visit family.

Delta will know you have the AMEX card when you add your frequent flyer number to your booking. We usually still get pre-check too as long as we are booked and don't make changes too close to departure time.

When did Delta stop the free bag going overseas? We had a business class ticket for our return from England after a transatlantic that we didn't take in April due to a move over offer we couldn't refuse. That flight included 2 free bags so I wasn't concerned at that time.

Yoyosma is correct. I have used EZair twice (flying on Delta) and did no pay with my Delta credit card. Your Frequent Flyer number is connected to your Delta card and as long as you entered your Frequent Flyer number when you booked the EZair, you are set.

Delta changed its policy late in 2017. They now have a new class, "basic economy" that includes NO complimentary luggage to Europe. They also have "main cabin" and "economy plus" that do include one free bag. Next they'll eliminate a coke in basic economy!

This did not work with our Chase Visa United Club card and EZ Air.

We were told you must purchase the Air with the card direct from United.

United has a basic economy too (no free bags etc). However if you purchase basic economy with your card you are still entitled to all the perks of the card including 2 free bags each.

We have always used this card to purchase the cruise and in some cases ez air however no perks.

Delta changed its policy late in 2017. They now have a new class' date=' "basic economy" that includes NO complimentary luggage to Europe. They also have "main cabin" and "economy plus" that do include one free bag. Next they'll eliminate a coke in basic economy![/quote']

But can anyone confirm if the EZAir pricing is for regular economy or for basic economy?

The EZ Air we just booked for United was Economy yet it was cheaper than the Basic Economy directly through United.

From what I gathered with EZ Air, they only use Economy. Well, I'm sure you could upgrade after that but their standard fares, Flexible and Restricted are Economy.

The EZ Air we just booked for United was Economy yet it was cheaper than the Basic Economy directly through United.

From what I gathered with EZ Air, they only use Economy. Well, I'm sure you could upgrade after that but their standard fares, Flexible and Restricted are Economy.

Actually, when booking, there is a tab that allows you to select economy, economy plus, business, or first class. They do not list "basic economy," so I'm thinking you get regular economy.

But can anyone confirm if the EZAir pricing is for regular economy or for basic economy?

We're ticketed on Delta flights to Prague that were booked through eZAir. Tickets are in Fare Category V which is Discounted Coach, NOT Basic Economy. Basic Economy is the only category Delta lists as having to pay for luggage on flights between the US or Canada and Europe.

Thanks for all the responses. So ... "you're saying there is a chance." It's pretty fascinating on how many variables there may be when booking;p and luggage issues (class, credit card, etc.)

I asked, in that it COULD tip our decision with who to fly with when one factors in luggage fees. Though it looks like Delta may be lower.. period.

I suspect that listing ones FF number may do the trick, but if it means somehow paying a bit with the Delta Amex card, so be it. We have a few months so I'll keep an eye open on this thread as well as maybe making a call to Delta and/or Princess to confirm.

Thanks again and staying tuned.(y)

This did not work with our Chase Visa United Club card and EZ Air.

We were told you must purchase the Air with the card direct from United.

United has a basic economy too (no free bags etc). However if you purchase basic economy with your card you are still entitled to all the perks of the card including 2 free bags each.

We have always used this card to purchase the cruise and in some cases ez air however no perks.

The United credit card and the Delta credit card have different policies. United you must purchase your ticket with the United Card. Delta you don't if you have your frequent flyer number on the reservation. American is like Delta, frequent flyer card on Res and no bag fee. Jet Blue is like United, ticket has to be purchased on Jet Blue card.

I will have this answer after our Sept cruise to AK. Both departure and return flights are Delta....one leg booked with miles rewards and one booked EZAir. We both have Delta credit cards and am expecting (hoping!!) no baggage fees. This is US/Canada flights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Be sure to add your frequent flyer number to your reservation--your bags should be free in that case.

I'm not sure if this is totally the way it should be' date=' but I just showed the card to the check in clerk and he let the bag go at no charge. I was ready to pay if need be, but didn't even have to ask.[/quote']

I personally don't have the Delta card but my sister has had the same experience. She paid for the flight with a different card but, upon showing her Delta credit card at airport check-in, both she and her traveling companion had their luggage fly free.

Be sure to add your frequent flyer number to your reservation--your bags should be free in that case.
That works with some airlines such as American. If you have an AA credit card and enter your AAdvantage number in your eZAir booking, you will not be charged a luggage fee regardless of which credit card you use to pay for your flights.

eZAir does not pass along credit card information to the airlines, so you may not automatically get free luggage. This is especially true with airlines that require a direct purchase with their branded credit card in order to get the free luggage benefit.

That works with some airlines such as American. If you have an AA credit card and enter your AAdvantage number in your eZAir booking, you will not be charged a luggage fee regardless of which credit card you use to pay for your flights.

eZAir does not pass along credit card information to the airlines, so you may not automatically get free luggage. This is especially true with airlines that require a direct purchase with their branded credit card in order to get the free luggage benefit.

I understand that, but the post I was responding to specifically referenced Delta. On Delta, you need to have the card and have it either tied to your FF number or in your hand to show the agent.

TIA.

We have flown on Delta through EZ air multiple times and have a Delta Amex credit card. We have never paid for our cruise or flights through EZ air with the Delta Amex card. We have always gotten one free bag each. You MUST add your Frequent Flyer number either on Princess when you book or on the Delta site after you book. Once the frequent flyer number associated with the Delta Amex card in on the reservation you are all set to get your free bag per person

Calling Princess to ask this question will be if no help to you because Princess has NO idea if the benefits associated with the Delta Amex card

You can’t book basic economy on Delta using Ez air. Economy is the lowest you can book

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We flew round trip to Japan on Delta, and our Amex Delta card was tied to our frequent flier number. We bought the tickets from Princess using EZAir. No baggage fees.

On Delta flights to/from Asia there should be one or two bags free even without having an Amex Delta card.

On Delta flights to/from Asia there should be one or two bags free even without having an Amex Delta card.

Delta has changed their policy on free bags for trans-atlantic/other flights. Depends on where and class of ticket. I think I've also heard (through my spouse) that Delta is thinking of amending it back to allow for 1 free checked bag.

So, in spite of experiences noted here, who knows what I'll get when we fly next May/June. But, Delta has typically grandfathered policies, so if I know of a procedure to get the free bag, I'll follow it. It is looking like as long as our FF our in on the reservations (they are) we should be good to go.