Provence55always

Back2back discount???

Can anyone help me please. We are doing a B2B 7 days each leg. I rang Celebrity and they claim to know nothing about this $50 discount for each leg.....really feel annoyed!!

I booked through Celebrity and then transferred to my TA who also is not very helpful.

We've gotten the discount on both of our b2b cruises but we are in the US. Maybe it is not available for European bookings.

As suggested, there are often differences between US and International bookings relative to deposits, discounts, refundability, etc. If both the Celebrity office you are contacting and your travel agent are not aware of a B2B booking discount, then it may not apply in your case.

BTW, many lines don't offer a discount for B2B's as they view each itinerary as an individual booking with a separate reservation number that just happen to be on successive weeks on the same ship.

Can anyone help me please. We are doing a B2B 7 days each leg. I rang Celebrity and they claim to know nothing about this $50 discount for each leg.....really feel annoyed!!

I booked through Celebrity and then transferred to my TA who also is not very helpful.

At least in the US there isn't a problem getting a B2B discount. It varies with the length of the cruise. Call Celebrity again and talk to someone else. However eventually I think you'll need your TA to call Celebrity for the discount. We work with a Big Box retailer as our TA and they called Celebrity and got the discounts without a problem.

Good Luck

At least in the US there isn't a problem getting a B2B discount. It varies with the length of the cruise. Call Celebrity again and talk to someone else. However eventually I think you'll need your TA to call Celebrity for the discount. We work with a Big Box retailer as our TA and they called Celebrity and got the discounts without a problem.

Good Luck

"At least in the US" is the key phrase. While I agree with contacting Celebrity again for confirmation of this, the results you suggest may not be the case with the OP's booking. International booking rules do vary, and the B2B discount may not be applicable.

I have a B2B and a B2B2B, in both Celebrity MX denied the discount for consecutive cruises, maybe this promo is only available in USA and Canada

"At least in the US" is the key phrase. While I agree with contacting Celebrity again for confirmation of this, the results you suggest may not be the case with the OP's booking. International booking rules do vary, and the B2B discount may not be applicable.

Could be, but there is a previous thread from February 2018 and there were a couple of people from the UK that indicated they got B2B discounts of 64 and 32 pounds depending on the length of the cruise.

Could be, but there is a previous thread from February 2018 and there were a couple of people from the UK that indicated they got B2B discounts of 64 and 32 pounds depending on the length of the cruise.

Perhaps then if you know of the thread and can locate it, copy and paste the link here for the OP as additional information. If there are in fact discounts available for which they should be entitled, that thread may contain information that may be useful for them.

Perhaps then if you know of the thread and can locate it, copy and paste the link here for the OP as additional information. If there are in fact discounts available for which they should be entitled, that thread may contain information that may be useful for them.

See if this works:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2600341

Thank you all so much. That link is fabulous going to send on to my TA. I have made a few photoes of people in the UK who got the discount and will email Celebrity. Seems I should be getting something.

Really appreciate all who took time to reply!!

I am in the US and booked a B2B but when I called for the discount I was told since I booked a "discounted" rate (senior rate), I could not get the B2B discount.

All we ever do in is b2b in Europe since its a 10 hour flight from the west coast and I always get a $100 discount per b2b. These cruises are booked onboard so no idea why you didn't get the discount last year we booked a b2b2b2b2b and got the discount for each additional cruise.

I am in the US and booked a B2B but when I called for the discount I was told since I booked a "discounted" rate (senior rate), I could not get the B2B discount.

If you booked with Celebrity, I hope you called back and asked a different agent for the same B2B discount. There is little communications or consistency between the folks in Celebrity HQ.

I got the senior discount and the b2b so call and complain. Seems T times there is a discount about discounts

We got the discount earlier this year .

Booked through Celebrity U.K. 8 nights followed by 7 nighys.

£32 per cruise.

Initially they said they did not know about it!

Then a different person gave it immediately.

Sandra

We had been given similar excuses in the past as well. One agent even claimed that we were not eligible for it because we already had the maximum number of perks allowed.

Then someone (I don't remember who or I would be very happy to credit that person) told us to call the Captain's Club, and so we did.

Ever since then we have been calling the Captain's Club to get our B2B discounts applied, and have never again had a problem with getting them, no matter which category of discounted rate we had used for the booking.

It is certainly worth a try.

Their toll free US number is

1 800 760 0654

This is a really interesting thread and to be honest I have never heard of this 'perk' . We will be embarking Infinity at the beginning of September and doing a back to back. Obviously, our trips are all paid in full by this stage. Am I too late to mention this discount or is it worth a request to the Captains Club at celebrityonetouch.com. Nothing ventured - nothing gained springs to mind.

This is a really interesting thread and to be honest I have never heard of this 'perk' . We will be embarking Infinity at the beginning of September and doing a back to back. Obviously, our trips are all paid in full by this stage. Am I too late to mention this discount or is it worth a request to the Captains Club at celebrityonetouch.com. Nothing ventured - nothing gained springs to mind.

For us it has always been a discount and not OBC, but perhaps since you have already paid they will give you the OBC.

It seems like a reasonable request. Good luck.

I rang the Captain's Club this morning and spoke to Bonnie and she informed me that 34 pounds per cruise would be credited to my account so that 68 pounds....Happy Days:D.

Also we will be Elite after the 1st cruise and she told me we will receive all the benefits of Elite on the second cruise!

I still get the feeling if I did not follow this up myself that I would have missed out on the B2B discount.

Hope this information helps other cruisers.

Thanks again to everyone for all the information.

Also we will be Elite after the 1st cruise and she told me we will receive all the benefits of Elite on the second cruise!

Even though she told you this, I would still strongly recommend speaking with the Captain's Club host/ess on the ship about it sometime during the first few days of your first cruise.

S/he is the one who will make sure that it really happens for you and does not get overlooked.

Then when you receive your new seapass card for your 2nd cruise, it should already have your Elite status on it and you won't need to waste any time running around trying to get things corrected.

Good Luck

I called Captain's Club today to check if the B2B discount was applied to our Jan 2019 B2B and to our Jan 2020 B2B. The answer was that the discount had been automatically applied - no need to request it. I was told that a 7-9 day B2B get $50 per room per leg ($100 total for a B2B) and if over 9 days gets $100 discount per room per leg ($200 total for a B2B) . We are in the U.S.

That's great....was having difficulty until I called Captain's Club. Even my TA in Ireland know nothing about it....need to get a U.S. TA so unfair we seem to get none of the perks US OR Canadian cruisers get. When we book if price goes down before final payment we do not get the benefit. Anyway we are so lucky we can cruise and afford to do so:o

When our cruise price fell Celebrity offered to upgrade us but as we were already Aqua Class we got additional onboard credit. Not for the full amount but better than nothing.

I called Captain's Club today to check if the B2B discount was applied to our Jan 2019 B2B and to our Jan 2020 B2B. The answer was that the discount had been automatically applied - no need to request it. I was told that a 7-9 day B2B get $50 per room per leg ($100 total for a B2B) and if over 9 days gets $100 discount per room per leg ($200 total for a B2B) . We are in the U.S.

The CC is probably correct, but it should be identified on your cruise documentation. We have experienced cases where the discount is automatically applied and others where we have had to request it. If you can't identify the discount, I would call again and ask the rep to show me where the discount is applied.

Not in the UK.

Not in the UK.

Not sure what you are trying to say. There are people from the US and the UK that are getting B2B discounts. Are you commenting on the TAs in the UK?

It is very nice if the discounts were automatically applied, but you should still check your invoices for both cruises to confirm that fact (if you have not already done so).

It is the form you receive from Celebrity that says Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy at the upper right, and you should have received one for each cruise.

The B2B discounts are listed down under the Booking Charges section.

Our B2B discounts were never combined. We always had a separate deduction for each cruise.

I don't know if they still do it that way, but just as long as you receive the correct total discount, that's all that really matters.

We have a b2b Australia/New Zealand booked in 2020. The discount is a line item on the invoice - YDR7 B2B savings - $120/cabin per cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked onboard, but under UK terms and conditions and automatically got the discount.

Wendy

I just disembark the Summit,  during my cruise I go to future cruising bookings onboard and specifically I asked about this discount it's available in Mexico, the staff write a email to Miami and they answer  it's available in all the world, and why my TA and Celebrity Mexico is refusing to apply it?, they tell me your bookings must be marked as consecutive cruisers, now that I return to home again ask to my TA for the discount and explaining what I know, they simple don't know how to do that and/or don't want to give me the discount. This is the last cruise I booked with them, now I always be booking onboard, I will receive the B2B discount, the free one category upgrade, the extra onboard credit, reduced deposit, etc. Now that you can book directly Ship, Air, Hotel, Insurance, etc  if the TA want to continue in the Business they must put the battery on his head. This 21 century!!

5 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I just disembark the Summit,  during my cruise I go to future cruising bookings onboard and specifically I asked about this discount it's available in Mexico, the staff write a email to Miami and they answer  it's available in all the world, and why my TA and Celebrity Mexico is refusing to apply it?, they tell me your bookings must be marked as consecutive cruisers, now that I return to home again ask to my TA for the discount and explaining what I know, they simple don't know how to do that and/or don't want to give me the discount. This is the last cruise I booked with them, now I always be booking onboard, I will receive the B2B discount, the free one category upgrade, the extra onboard credit, reduced deposit, etc. Now that you can book directly Ship, Air, Hotel, Insurance, etc  if the TA want to continue in the Business they must put the battery on his head. This 21 century!!

Book when you first board the ship and also get a bottle of wine for each cruise you book. 🍷

9 hours ago, davekathy said:

Book when you first board the ship and also get a bottle of wine for each cruise you book. 🍷

Great another perk added to my booking 🙂

Looks like each passenger gets the B2B discount because we saved $100 on Cruise #1 and another $100 on Cruise #2 according to the latest invoice we have after requesting the discount from our TA.

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Looks like each passenger gets the B2B discount because we saved $100 on Cruise #1 and another $100 on Cruise #2 according to the latest invoice we have after requesting the discount from our TA.

All of our Celebrity B2B discounts we have received have been per cabin not per person. 😕