Disembarkation From Harmony 8/18-8/25

Disembarkation Questions for Harmony 8/18-8/25

Good Day Cruisers,

Wondering from time we dock at Port Everglades in FLL I believe it’s 7am how long is process to get off and get to Uber, Taxi or shuttle trying to gage time for return flight from Fort Lauderdale Airport

How early can we disembark I’m sure they do it in time frame waves. Is there also a self disembark Option where we take our own luggage??

Any hints would be appreciated

Also I have this .. is the “Mobile Pass” passport application really faster ??

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just left the Harmony on Saturday. We took our own bags off around 7:30, there were no lines at all. We were checked in at the airport and waiting for our flight at 9:00. No lines, no waiting! I had mobile passport all set up, but for some reason it kept giving me an error message so we just went through using our passports (again, no line at all). Have a great time. I'm already having withdrawals!

Lori

To be safe I would not book a flight before about 10:30-11:00. Not sure about you, but I prefer to not worry about making my return flight while cruising. ;)

If you take your bags off, I agree that 11:00ish would be OK. If you plan to put them out the night before and pick them up in port, I wouldn't book flights until after 1:00. Bags roll out with the release sequence.

You might be able to set up a port to airport transfer through RCCL and they can tell you the best time.

I am embarking right after you leave and booked a 4:00 return flight and a post-cruise excursion that include airport transfer.

Bon Voyage!

We just left the Harmony on Saturday. We took our own bags off around 7:30, there were no lines at all. We were checked in at the airport and waiting for our flight at 9:00. No lines, no waiting! I had mobile passport all set up, but for some reason it kept giving me an error message so we just went through using our passports (again, no line at all). Have a great time. I'm already having withdrawals!

Lori

I’m not sure that FLL is using Mobile Passport. It wasn’t being used in April and I’ve heard other reports of that. They don’t tell you onboard that Customs is not using it, it just doesn’t get a response from Customs when you attempt to use it, prior to disembarkation.

Did self assist twice last year (PEG) and both times Mobile Passport App was working and had a dedicated line at Customs (basically no line; showed bar code and out the door) ; there was a moderate line for non Mobile Passport folks. Both times left cabin at about 715/720 and was curbside by 730....

Ft Lauderdale does have Mobile Passport enabled. (I think it is the only cruise port that has it available). I tried to use it 3 years ago, and got an error message. For our Harmony cruise of this year, there were signs about it, however due to my prior experience, not in a rush to be anywhere, decided not try to fight with it.

I have read good reports about it though.

Disembarkation Questions for Harmony 8/18-8/25

Good Day Cruisers,

Wondering from time we dock at Port Everglades in FLL I believe it’s 7am how long is process to get off and get to Uber, Taxi or shuttle trying to gage time for return flight from Fort Lauderdale Airport

How early can we disembark I’m sure they do it in time frame waves. Is there also a self disembark Option where we take our own luggage??

Any hints would be appreciated

Also I have this .. is the “Mobile Pass” passport application really faster ??

Thanks in Advance

We just got off the Harmony on Sat 8/4. Definitely use the mobile passport. Our exit time was 9am and the line for mobile passport was very short. One family in front of us vs. a line 150 people deep. You still have to show your actual passports in the mobile line

My tip is use a porter at the port. It's the best $10-$15 dollar tip you can give. They know the short lines, and how to get around the mass of people quickly.

To answer your question we got our luggage tag number called around 8:55am, and we were in line for a cab by 9:30am

We just got off the Harmony on Sat 8/4. Definitely use the mobile passport. Our exit time was 9am and the line for mobile passport was very short. One family in front of us vs. a line 150 people deep. You still have to show your actual passports in the mobile line

My tip is use a porter at the port. It's the best $10-$15 dollar tip you can give. They know the short lines, and how to get around the mass of people quickly.

To answer your question we got our luggage tag number called around 8:55am, and we were in line for a cab by 9:30am

So they required you to scan your phone for mobile passport?

So they required you to scan your phone for mobile passport?

The part I found odd was the border control agent didn't want to look at my phone app at all. I had to show the line attendant that I did indeed have the app on my phone in order to get into the mobile passport line. The border agent reviewed all our passports.

At MIA and FLL (the airports, not the ports), the MP line is there but for the past 6+ months the scanner for the app is not being used, passport only.

And it wasn’t at PE either as has been reported here. It was not scanned in April and others have reported that it wasn’t used at PE recently.