Cruise Critic Community

I went to Vegas with my 16 year old daughter, both non-drinkers/non-gamblers of course, and loved it. There's tons to do and see.

Prices vary wildly depending if there's any conferences or conventions going on, so we switched dates around when I realised the following week was much cheaper than the week I had originally planned. Stayed at The Cosmopolitan for a bargain price, a great luxurious hotel right in the centre of the strip.

Well good news, travel agent has managed to cancel the flight and rebook with return flight from Las Vegas saving us nearly $700 each, just have to book internal flight from Anchorage to Las Vegas, looking at Alaska fares a bit dear at the moment been told to wait a little while for them to come down. Now looking at accommodation, looking at some of the recommendations from fellow cruisers on here, thank you so much for all your input we are doing this trip in May next year.:D

Great - big saving. Glad it worked out for you. I agree with the others - Las Vegas is worth doing, at least once.

Just to add, on our first visit many years ago I booked to go to see Elvis Presley perform, even purchased a new suit for the occasion as I thought I may even get to meet the great man.

Imagine my disappointment at the end of the show to learn that the real man had died a couple of years before and I sat through a show performed by an imposter, good one at that, he sure fooled me!

Make sure you take in a show or get married (again) as there are lots of both going on in Vagas

Ha! Ha! we will definitely take a show or two in while we are there, I really enjoy shows:)