CC Help Jenn

Community Contest - Cruise Celebration

Have you cruised to celebrate some event or accomplishment?

I know we have celebrated birthdays on a cruise and an anniversary too (albeit a few months late)

My daughter just graduated high school - we had a simple back yard party. Not too expensive to host, though a lot of work! However, after, looking at the final cost I wonder if she would have rather a cruise before heading off to college. I *think* probably not since she made great memories with family and friends at her party. Her friends would not have been on a cruise if we went that route.

How would you prefer to celebrate your life events/birthdays/anniversaries/graduations etc?

Me personally? When I turn my next milestone birthday in a few years, I would much prefer a cruise or vacation with close family over a big party.

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

We have cruised for our Honeymoon, our 3 year anniversary and are now going away for my wife's and toddlers birthday(much more exciting for my wife)

It depends on the event, we love spending time with family, and do it very often, but time with just our household is also very nice. A balance of both seems best for us :)

Posted (edited)

Planning cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii with Princess.

Leaving Nov 2018 cruising Eastern Carribbean - husband 75th birthday on Sunshine.

We cruised 2017 from Miami to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary on Western Carribbean -Splendor ship.

We cruised 2013 from Barcelona to Western -central Mediterranean was a bit late for our 45th Anniversary. - Sunshine Carnival

Sailed 2006 for early 40th wedding celebration to Hawaii. from Los Angeles- Island Princess

Sailed 2005 from New Orleans Gulf side Mexico

Sailed 1967 - 25th anniversary was first cruise to Carribbean - Carnival Tropicale.

Edited by nidine
Sailed 2005 from New Orleans to Gulf Side Mexico on Sensation.

We have been married for 61 years & we have been cruising for our annv. gift to each other for the last 40 years.

george35

We have been married for 61 years & we have been cruising for our annv. gift to each other for the last 40 years.

george35

Congratulations, hope we make it there as well.

We celebrated our 25th and 40th anniversaries by cruising. Nothing better than cruising with my soul mate who has supported me through a brain tumor and open heart surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We celebrated our 25th and 40th anniversaries by cruising. Nothing better than cruising with my soul mate who has supported me through a brain tumor and open heart surgery.

Congratulations on all the successful accomplishments. Hope you will celebrate another anniversary doing a cruise.

Our first cruise (Carnival Festivale in 1992) was our honeymoon. We've cruised six times after that, but for no special occasion other than cruise vacation.

We did a 26 night Transatlantic cruise (including a circle around the British Isles) to celebrate our retirements! That was a wonderful trip. We've also cruised to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries (including Panama Canal for my birthday immediately followed by Hawaii for DH birthday and Valentines Day - we even did a vow renewal on that one!!).

I would rather cruise than have a party. We usually cruise for big celebrations.

I would rather cruise than have a party. We usually cruise for big celebrations.

I am with you 100 %.

I know we have celebrated birthdays on a cruise and an anniversary too (albeit a few months late)

My daughter just graduated high school - we had a simple back yard party. Not too expensive to host, though a lot of work! However, after, looking at the final cost I wonder if she would have rather a cruise before heading off to college. I *think* probably not since she made great memories with family and friends at her party. Her friends would not have been on a cruise if we went that route.

How would you prefer to celebrate your life events/birthdays/anniversaries/graduations etc?

Me personally? When I turn my next milestone birthday in a few years, I would much prefer a cruise or vacation with close family over a big party.

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate.

Besides celebrating the "normal" birthdays I also celebrate my half birthday -- the anniversary of my breast cancer surgery and successful recovery.:D

MARAPRINCE

We planned a cruise for our anniversary but it turned into both an anniversary cruise plus a celebration of my husband surviving a heart attack several months before the trip. Sitting on the balcony holding hands and watching the waves was made even sweeter with the knowledge that we now appreciate every moment together so much more these days.

I'd pick a cruise over a party any day!

When we cruise together as a family, that is exactly what we are celebrating,

<3 Family <3

We planned a cruise for our anniversary but it turned into both an anniversary cruise plus a celebration of my husband surviving a heart attack several months before the trip. Sitting on the balcony holding hands and watching the waves was made even sweeter with the knowledge that we now appreciate every moment together so much more these days.

Wonderfully stated! Love, share, embrace! No time a wasted. <3

Enjoy your cruises!!

We have celebrated my daughter's birthday and our anniversary on cruises. We have one planned for this November that will celebrate my son an husband's birthdays but more importantly my son earning his Eagle Scout rank in Boy Scouts. Gonna have to decorate the door this time around!

We usually cruise in the fall to celebrate our Anniversary. We have celebrated 5 Anniversaries while cruising so far. This year marks our 50th Anniversary and we are taking a 14 day cruise to the Caribbean to celebrate. It will be a month late but better late than never!

Posted (edited)

We have been on over 40 cruises over the past 18 years. We married in December of 2017 and of course set sail on RCCL to celebrate our honeymoon. In April of this year we sailed to celebrate my birthday and we set said again in less than two weeks to celebrate my husband's 72 birthday on RCCL. In September we will sail on Oasis for a B2B2B to celebrate just enjoying our life as semi retired newlyweds! We met wonderful people on our cruise in April and we plan to meet them in Tampa in December to do a B2B on Brilliance to celebrate our one year anniversary! We do not really need an "excuse" to celebrate with a cruise....we will find an occasion to sail any time, anywhere, with anyone of our many cruising friends!

Edited by Purr friend
miss spelled word

My family is cruising in 45 days to celebrate my cruise-loving uncle's 75th birthday! I have only been on one cruise before and it was with him. He's the best - even had him walk me down the aisle when I got married. I so can't wait to share this milestone with him!

Nothing is more fun than taking a cruise for a special ocassion. The first cruise my husband and I set sail on was a 3-day to the Bahamas on Royal Carribean for our honeymoon, 18 years ago. We absolutely loved the experience and vowed to take a cruise every year for vacation.

Sadly that didn't happen because life got in the way, however we were able to take our 2nd cruise last year for our 17th wedding anniversay. We set sail on another 3-day cruise on Royal Carribean to the Bahamas again. Just like the first cruise, this one was a blast also.

On August 18th, we will set sail on our 3rd cruise, a 7-day on Carnival Freedom, visiting the Western Carribean (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozymel). On this cruise, we will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversay, our daughter's 14th birthday, and my mother's 65th birthday.

I can't think of any better way to celebrate everyone all at one time!!

I took my daughters on their first cruise in 2011. They were 14 & 16 and we were getting away from life (going through a divorce). Then in 2013 I took my new husband on his first cruise for our honeymoon! We are now going on one this fall for our 5 year anniversary and to gt away from like again--my youngest daughter was killed in an auto accident last year.

We have wonderful times with family celebrations but prefer to do our own thing as well.

We cruised for our honeymoon, wonderful way to relax after the wedding and for a fairly big birthday we chose to cruise.

My mother has celebrated two major birthdays cruising and we took my mum away for one of her milestones, both said they had more fun on the cruise than being "on show" for a big family celebration. Also they both felt they could choose when they had had enough and not disappoint anyone.

My husband has surprised me with a cruise for our 10th anniversary. Hopefully this isn't our last celebratory cruise.

I think memories can be made wherever and whoever you are with but special memories are made when you are happy, relaxed and enjoying your life and company.

We spent my husbands 60th birthday on a cruise in the Mediterranean! Could Not have had a better day! Our 35th wedding anniversary was spent in Prague, an extension of a Danube River Cruise. And my 60th birthday cruise is already booked. We have lots of time with our family and don’t normally have big celebrations for ourselves, so cruising is our special treat!

Cruise, hands down. I get to relax. No stressful planning. No inviting people I don't like but feel obligated to. No cleaning up afterward. I see no downsides!

We cruise both in the spring , around DH birthday & in the fall around my birthday.

Next year we'll be on Harmony when I'll be celebrating my 70th.:D

Barb

Saw the Halmark movie last night that was filmed on Harmony of the Seas.....good advertisement for the ship! Not much to the story! LOL Have fun!

When our daughter was getting ready to graduate from high school in 2014, we gave her a few options for what we could do as a family to celebrate her graduation before she went off to college, which was going to be 500 miles away. To our surprise she chose an Alaska cruise instead of Disney World! We were thrilled because we'd been to Alaska three times before and we love it! Besides our family of four (our other daughter is 2 years younger), we invited my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, who live across the country and who we don't see very often. We spent four days on land before getting on the Crown Princess. This was hands down one of the best family vacations EVER! The weather was sunny every day (even in Ketchikan!). Even the crew on the ship said to one of us "We don't know what you people are doing right in your lives to get this weather, but we never have seven days of sunshine. Ever." We credited my mother-in-law with bringing it with her from Las Vegas, haha. I don't know if I was just really soaking in this last vacation with our firstborn before she went off to college, or realizing that my mother-in-law was approaching 80 and what a gift it was to be able to do this cruise with her, or what it was, but it really was one of the best (if not THE best) family vacations EVER.

We have cruised for anniversaries and one birthday .The birthday cruise ,5 years ago was interesting in that my son in law arranged for a birthday cake . The cake was served and waiters were there to sing .The only problem was that they had someone else's name on the cake .

Lenny

One of my favorite cruises was the one my sister and I took several years ago to celebrate the fact that I had successfully QUIT SMOKING! We had such a great time that we did it again a :Dfew years later when SHE quit! :D:D:):D:D

One of my favorite cruises was the one my sister and I took several years ago to celebrate the fact that I had successfully QUIT SMOKING! We had such a great time that we did it again a :Dfew years later when SHE quit! :D:D:):D:D

Sorry....I didn't mean to post so many happy grin smilies. (Even though I AM happy that I quit smoking! )

Hi

I am with you I would much rather cruise that have a big party. In fact this February my husband and I are doing a cruise for our 40th birthdays and 20th wedding anniversary instead of a party. Being on a cruise is like a party.

Went on a cruise for our honeymoon. Celebrated anniversaries and birthdays on board as well. Would much prefer that to anything else.

I'll be celebrating my 49th birthday on the cruise next month.

My daughter and I just cruised to celebrate her birthday in May! Adding a celebration to a cruise makes it all more special! We have celebrated anniversaries, our milestone Birthdays, our friend's birthdays, retirement, crossing the equator, getting pregnant, New Knees, Easter, Valentines Day, Halloween!

Well, we can find something to celebrate just about any time for any thing! Pop that bubbly and let's celebrate!!

Happy Left Handers Day!!!

We really wanted to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary on a cruise to the Caribbean but that year my husband changed jobs and we moved across the country. After all the costs we just couldn't go. It was so sad but we ended up booking our trip to celebrate the following year! So we had our 11 year anniversary on board the Epic! It was so awesome and we had such a great time celebrating.

My very first cruise was in January of 2005. It was a Norwegian 12 day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands and to the coral atoll of Fanning Island, Kiribati. It was our Honeymoon.

My hubby planned the entire thing. I knew we were going to Hawaii, but I didnt know the details. I said I wanted to see some whales and the volcano. That was all I knew. Im super anal about planning, and I did all the wedding plans(with a couple of exceptions) so I told him he could have this.

He said Pammy, its going to be super expensive so we have to get an inside cabin, down by the elevators so it will be super loud. I said I dont care cause we are going to HAWAII!!!!

Cruise day comes and we have printed our luggage tags and it said our room was 1105 or something. I was thinking first floor room 105. Well we get on the elevator and he hits the 11th floor button. I was like, cant we take our carryons to the room first before we start exploring the upper levels. He just smiled.

The doors open and there are another set of doors that says OWNERS SUITES. I start jumping up and down squealing we arent in the basement!!!!!

We get to the room and there are scores of people in our room just ready to make us happy lol. Im crying because this is soooo over the top. Im just a country girl who hasnt been anywhere. OMG yall, he had ordered snacks, champagne, banners on the ceiling, my favorite liqour bottles.

I have never felt so special in all my life.

Everywhere we went, we had a concierge there to bump us to the head of the line. It was like we were super rich. But we are far from wealthy. Paycheck to paycheck is how we live for sure. My hubby is quite a bit older than me and I look even younger than my age, so Im sure all the other passengers thought thought he was my sugar daddy LOL.

It took us about 5 years to pay this trip off, but I still cry every time I think of how special my honeymoon was.

We generally dont sail on specific dates, we try to find the most economical option around certain celebration. Sometime we get lucky and the date aligned with celebration. Sometime it a week before or after.

But I have not received anything great from cruise line as a gift for these celebration. At most a card with a discount on SPA services

I took my daughters on their first cruise in 2011. They were 14 & 16 and we were getting away from life (going through a divorce). Then in 2013 I took my new husband on his first cruise for our honeymoon! We are now going on one this fall for our 5 year anniversary and to gt away from like again--my youngest daughter was killed in an auto accident last year.

I was so interested to hear how people celebrate because I’ll find any excuse to cruise with family & friends. I was so saddened when I read yours....joy and pain.

I wish you all the best and May you find comfort in your memories, experiences, & loved ones who are still around. Bless you.

My very first cruise was in January of 2005. It was a Norwegian 12 day cruise around the Hawaiian Islands and to the coral atoll of Fanning Island, Kiribati. It was our Honeymoon.

My hubby planned the entire thing. I knew we were going to Hawaii, but I didnt know the details. I said I wanted to see some whales and the volcano. That was all I knew. Im super anal about planning, and I did all the wedding plans(with a couple of exceptions) so I told him he could have this.

He said Pammy, its going to be super expensive so we have to get an inside cabin, down by the elevators so it will be super loud. I said I dont care cause we are going to HAWAII!!!!

Cruise day comes and we have printed our luggage tags and it said our room was 1105 or something. I was thinking first floor room 105. Well we get on the elevator and he hits the 11th floor button. I was like, cant we take our carryons to the room first before we start exploring the upper levels. He just smiled.

The doors open and there are another set of doors that says OWNERS SUITES. I start jumping up and down squealing we arent in the basement!!!!!

We get to the room and there are scores of people in our room just ready to make us happy lol. Im crying because this is soooo over the top. Im just a country girl who hasnt been anywhere. OMG yall, he had ordered snacks, champagne, banners on the ceiling, my favorite liqour bottles.

I have never felt so special in all my life.

Everywhere we went, we had a concierge there to bump us to the head of the line. It was like we were super rich. But we are far from wealthy. Paycheck to paycheck is how we live for sure. My hubby is quite a bit older than me and I look even younger than my age, so Im sure all the other passengers thought thought he was my sugar daddy LOL.

It took us about 5 years to pay this trip off, but I still cry every time I think of how special my honeymoon was.

That's great! Your Hubby is a keeper!!