Great website for Civitavecchia (Rome port)

roothy123

In case nobody has posted a link to this before, here's a great document for cruisers visiting Civitavecchia and Rome: https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en

It covers how to get to the port from Rome, how to go back to Rome, schedule for cruise ship visits, map of port, information on port shuttle to ships, and info on public bus from port to Civitavecchia, etc. I found it quite helpful.

The website omits something very basic from their directions though -- in WHICH DIRECTION does one walk to reach the port from the train station. There is no indication anywhere on the site that tells a first time visitor if the port is north or south of the train station. If anyone else was wondering the same, the Civi train station is south of the port. (Thank you, google.)

The website omits something very basic from their directions though -- in WHICH DIRECTION does one walk to reach the port from the train station. There is no indication anywhere on the site that tells a first time visitor if the port is north or south of the train station. If anyone else was wondering the same, the Civi train station is south of the port. (Thank you, google.)

Hhmm, interesting. At least it (I assume) it tells you right or left. But I looked at Google before I found the website, so I knew the basics and didn't need to know whether I needed to go south or north!

Nope, no mention of right or left or anything. I was reading pretty carefully looking for some hint. They did a great job explaining the various shuttles inside the port though. That was really helpful because we're doing a back to back but not on the same ship - coming in on the Constellation in the morning and going out on the Spirit in the afternoon. I hope to go into town and do some laundry in the interim so I was more than usually interested in finding my way around quickly. Thanks for posting that!

It's an okay web site that we've been linking to on these boards for a few years. There are omissions but it's better than what most ports offer.

One note to be particularly aware of is the port map. It is not oriented north, as most maps are, which could be particularly problematic for the directionally challenged. The top of that map is east.