Bali Earthquake!

janmcn

I so hope none of the Indonesian c rews' f amily or friends were injured or worse. It must be so hard for them to be across the world from t hem and their homes. Sending them all the very best wishes this is not a tragedy for them.

My daughter is currently in Indonesia for a month of scuba diving. Thank heavens for wifi as she messaged me from Nusa Lembongan saying she was ok but this earthquake felt much bigger than the one she felt the other day when she was in Ubud. Both have had deaths associated with these 2 earthquakes.

She said the staff at places where she has been (hostels as she is back packing) have been very good. Of course the worry was Tsunami but thankfully that didn't happen.

My heart goes out to all the Indonesian folks-she said they are amazing people, so kind and helpful.

My daughter is currently in Indonesia for a month of scuba diving. Thank heavens for wifi as she messaged me from Nusa Lembongan saying she was ok but this earthquake felt much bigger than the one she felt the other day when she was in Ubud. Both have had deaths associated with these 2 earthquakes.

She said the staff at places where she has been (hostels as she is back packing) have been very good. Of course the worry was Tsunami but thankfully that didn't happen.

My heart goes out to all the Indonesian folks-she said they are amazing people, so kind and helpful.

Very happy to hear your daughter is safe as I am sure you worried until she could e-mail, message you. Not surprising to hear how kind and helpful t he locals are to her, as we all know from the ships, the gentle kindness of the INdonesian crew.

My daughter is currently in Indonesia for a month of scuba diving. Thank heavens for wifi as she messaged me from Nusa Lembongan saying she was ok but this earthquake felt much bigger than the one she felt the other day when she was in Ubud. Both have had deaths associated with these 2 earthquakes. She said the staff at places where she has been (hostels as she is back packing) have been very good. Of course the worry was Tsunami but thankfully that didn't happen. My heart goes out to all the Indonesian folks-she said they are amazing people, so kind and helpful.
Very happy to hear your daughter is safe as I am sure you worried until she could e-mail, message you. Not surprising to hear how kind and helpful t he locals are to her, as we all know from the ships, the gentle kindness of the Indonesian crew.

They've had more large after shocks and reporting over 80 dead. Where my daughter is the pipes are broken so no water. She's still ok though at this point.

WillCanadian Embassy help her get out if she wants to leave? any flights?

Of course, HAPPY to hear she is ok.

Must be awful to hear news like this and be on board a ship not knowing if family and friends are o.k. Thinking of them all.

I think of this every time happens in Indonesia. The staff is so wonderful and I hope they and their families are safe.