Best steak on Reflection

wilderness1

We just returned from the July 9 Reflection Sailing. DW says the best steak she had was at the Lawn Club Grill. We were in a suite and the LCG was by far the best...I had lamb chops on both visits to LCG and they were superior to what I received in Luminae.

We also dined at the Porch twice and feel it is probably one of the best, if not the best venue on the ship. Although the menu is limited, like the LCG, your meal is prepared to order....

Can't really comment on MDR as we have not eaten there for several years; however, have order the Prime Rib recently from the MDR in Luminae and it was very good.

As always, food is subjective....these are our thoughts, YMMV.

When we've been on the Eclipse, we quite often go to the Oceanview buffet for dinner, 'cos they do cook to order steaks in the evening, so you can have anything from a fillet to a T bone for no extra charge and cooked in front of you! I often have 2 fillets...'cos I can! I'm assuming the Reflection would do the same thing.

Simon

We just returned from the July 9 Reflection Sailing. DW says the best steak she had was at the Lawn Club Grill. We were in a suite and the LCG was by far the best...I had lamb chops on both visits to LCG and they were superior to what I received in Luminae.......

So few restaurants in our area have lamb chops as entrees it seems, so I love them on cruises. Never tried the LCG, so will have to go for it for sure! Hope Edge has a similar set up. Enjoyed the MDR lamb but sounds like LCG is a big step up!

Den

The Chateaubriand in Murano is always excellent as are some of the steak offerings up in the Lawn. As to the Tuscan Grill we will take the high road and say nothing...because we can think of nothing good to say.

Hank

Never had a good steak in Tuscan....never had a bad steak in Murano (ask for steak diane a day before you go....it's no longer on the menu, but often they will agree to make it. For whatever reason, they need a day's notice though). (The Murano menu says chaeaubriand is for 2, but if you ask, they will usually make it for 1).

Other than Murano with it's wonderful sauces, I'd suggest going to a good steak house at home for a good steak.

The only time we go to the Tuscan Grill is for the elite breakfast....enough said.

The filet mignon at the Lawn Club, with chimichurra sauce. The BEST.

I completely forgot about the Lawn Club Grill.

Yes. Great steaks there. For a grilled steak--(I usually go with a filet) do the Lawn Club,

for Chateaubriand Murano