Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

Good to know.  I know that we have tried to allocate some OBC to our room staff and couldn't do so.  Not sure if we tried to say "just to the general crew fund" or not, but probably we didn't word it properly!  So we usually took the "shopping" route.  I'd much rather have excess go to the crew, even if we can't specify WHICH crew member should benefit.  We tip them extra anyway when we feel they went above and beyond their duties.

Mura

29 minutes ago, CruisingIGo said:

Has anyone else noticed that the OceaniaNEXT penthouse suites and Crystal Cruises penthouse suites look nearly identical?

I hope Oceania  is not putting those  tiles in the bathrooms  in PH suites or some of the carpet  designs  :classic_ohmy:

http://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/cruise-guidebook/our-ships/crystal-symphony/penthouse-with-verandah

http://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/cruise-guidebook/our-ships/crystal-serenity/crystal-penthouse-with-verandah

Yeah, Mura, you know it was just dumb luck that I happened to be reading the FAQs one day, stumbled across the quoted words above and decided to give the former "donation" strategy a different twist on our next cruise.

Lo and behold, changing the premise of the request from "donation" to "increased gratuities" was all it took.  "Yes, sir, we can handle that for you.  Just come back tonight or tomorrow before 8:00."  

Easy peasy for a former Uni Warrior.....

Ah, but Uni Warriors just about always prevail!  I have saved your info even if I may not need it for much longer!  I'm traveling solo this time because DH has decided with his vision problems he doesn't want to travel any more, and while I do want to continue, I'm not sure for how long!

Mura

All in all this has been a very nice cruise.

I’ve seen several workers measuring flooring, the shops closed on Friday night for good and the windows papered over. The ship will leave Miami at noon for the shipyard in the Bahamas. Some furniture offloaded in PC but there were still plenty of loungers around the pool.

This morning at disembarkation all the artwork was off the walls, guys were moving the pianos, the outdoor decks were closed and large steel containers were being loaded on the Insignia. A very large group of workers was waiting to board the ship.

A passenger told me that Oceania would be installing cameras so that refurbishment progress could be monitored via the internet. It may be a live feed or a time lapse camera for showing after the work was complete.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on board on the insignia on its maiden cruise to Cuba after 21 days dry dock. The ship refurbishment is beautifully done with a very fresh modern look.  The cabins is completely different compared to before the refurbishment.  In some areas around the ship it’s noticeable that its an older ship.  I will post some photos. Please let me know if you have questions or if you would like any specific photos of the ship taken.  

Laurence 

986004C3-D879-4FCD-9D1A-7760DB605078.jpeg

1B401B4F-42C9-462D-8F9A-2C6368034D0A.jpeg

CD457278-90DC-4449-B58E-DEEBC2D8EA8B.jpeg

2BD7B3FB-7D53-4549-A320-0226C0CE8896.jpeg

B6A7564E-B74F-493F-B05B-F3259ABA8076.jpeg

8FD7D87F-B341-42B1-A08E-5D53C541A477.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.   We are on the world cruise starting Jan 11 and couldn’t wait to see pictures.  Is that an inside room?   Nicely done.  

Thank you again.  Any pictures greatly appreciated.