Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Good Morning all... Crisp start to the day here in Western Maryland .. woke up with a temperature in the mid 20's…Todays high will zoom to the high 40's low 50's gotta love January....

February not so much 🙂

Make today Yours!

Joseph

• Like 2

My bit of joy for today.  It's a video of a father and his daughter lip syncing and joyfully dancing to a song by  Jess Glynne  called "Hold My Hand".  So awesome that I have been dancing around the apartment since I saw it early this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOjwAL9Docg

Get down with your bad selves!  😄

Good Morning Coolers.... Clear skies on tap today for my part of Western Maryland highs near 40... It appears we have new millionaires in our neck of the woods  a huge 400M+winner in Allegheny County and a 2M winner here in Washington County...I hope they spend their winnings wisely.... the extended forecast calls for possibly snow the first week in February... it also calls for daytime highs in the 40's so accumulations should be minimal.. at least I am hoping!🤞

Make today Yours!!

Joseph

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 5:50 PM, mysty said:

My bit of joy for today.  It's a video of a father and his daughter lip syncing and joyfully dancing to a song by  Jess Glynne  called "Hold My Hand".  So awesome that I have been dancing around the apartment since I saw it early this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOjwAL9Docg

Get down with your bad selves!  😄

One of my favourite dance choons M. Never tried dancing to it in the kitchen though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

One of my favourite dance choons M. Never tried dancing to it in the kitchen though!

Go for it DW!  Just not while you are preparing one of your fabulous meals.  Something might get lost between dance moves.  😄

Some disappointing news today.  The wonderful governor of the state of Florida has decided to only vaccinate permanent residents due to the “vaccine tourists” who have supposedly invaded the state.  So for us, both over 70 who spend 5 months a year here, who have been property owners and tax payers since 1985, and also are EMS first responders, we will most likely be shut out!  Very frustrating and scary.  We should have stayed in Maryland where we would have been vaccinated as first responders a while ago!  Please talk me down off the cliff!

19 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

Some disappointing news today.  The wonderful governor of the state of Florida has decided to only vaccinate permanent residents due to the “vaccine tourists” who have supposedly invaded the state.  So for us, both over 70 who spend 5 months a year here, who have been property owners and tax payers since 1985, and also are EMS first responders, we will most likely be shut out!  Very frustrating and scary.  We should have stayed in Maryland where we would have been vaccinated as first responders a while ago!  Please talk me down off the cliff!

The news items I read said that bona fide 'snow birds' would also be permitted to get the vaccine in Florida.  Step back and read this:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-seniors-want-vaccine-20201215-xjoyl3e5cfclrbtxf34d5cjgbq-story.html

25 minutes ago, Emtbsam said:

The article is from December.  Read today’s report from the 

governor.

Can't find anything from Jan. 22 (today), but did find this from yesterday, again saying snow birds are covered:

Florida begins to restrict COVID-19 vaccine to state residents, including snowbirds

• Like 2