Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

@Stumblefoot  I am posting here instead of the thread you started because I feel more comfortable here.  People like to travel in different ways.  Some folks like to research locations. Some folks like to discover on their own without being bombarded by other folks' experiences.  I'm not sure what kind of travelers you and your wife are and I do not want to presume.  Myster and I have been to a few ports on your itinerary.  I kept a blog (as you probably know).  If you want info I can help.  Please do not feel obligated!!!  Nothing worse than staring at other people's vacation pics!  😁

• Haha 1

Hi @V8Babe! Glad to know that you're out there keeping an eye on the Cooler. Haven't seen you post in a while but please stick around. We need everyone here to keep our spirits up in these times.

Terry posted in another thread last Friday so AFAIK all is well. He hasn't been as prolific lately but he does pop in now and again. I know that he's busy planning trips - wish we could say the same. We have some that need to be planned but with all the uncertainty, not sure when/where that will be... Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We need everyone here to keep our spirits up in these times.

Including you JP!  I was starting to worry....

This is a tough time, wife and I can't decide what to rebook or even if we should.  But I still love visiting here, and have to believe there will be a time when we will be at sea again.

And echoing our Lois, nice to meet you Karin 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Including you JP!  I was starting to worry....

This is a tough time, wife and I can't decide what to rebook or even if we should.  But I still love visiting here, and have to believe there will be a time when we will be at sea again.

And echoing our Lois, nice to meet you Karin 🙂

Que, you will know when the time is right for you and your wife!  Trust yourself!  Everybody's risk tolerance is different.   What works for some does not work for all.  It will all work out! 🥰

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mysty said:

I'm not sure what kind of travelers you and your wife are and I do not want to presume.  Myster and I have been to a few ports on your itinerary.  I kept a blog (as you probably know).

Mysty, I would LOVE to see your further thoughts over on my thread.  I know A LOT of people who never step into the Cooler, so your feedback on my thread may not only help me, but many others as well.  And, please feel free to share your blog too as I would enjoy checking it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Mysty, I would LOVE to see your further thoughts over on my thread.  I know A LOT of people who never step into the Cooler, so your feedback on my thread may not only help me, but many others as well.  And, please feel free to share your blog too as I would enjoy checking it out.

Okay Stumble!  I will venture off piste for you.   I'll assemble something tomorrow!  😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Okay Stumble!  I will venture off piste for you.   I'll assemble something tomorrow!  😁

Great mysty,  we are  on that cruise with the Stumbles,  but we are on till  Athens  !!

• Like 2

Well good news bad from this part of the world. 

Bad news we are in the grip of a brutal 2nd wave - of the average 1200 people tested daily 37% test positive. 

Good news, after initially refusing a vaccine and insisting that the country could rely on its organic cure the President has relented and agreed to sign up to the COVAX

Bad news is that we are now at the bottom of the list which means that we can't expect to receive any vaccines before the end of July. 

But it's a step in the right direction, we sit it out and wait (goodish news I suppose)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I just wanted to mention that I am a lurker. I come over here for some humor, knowledge, and nice people. Thanks.

Truly welcome Truly!  😁  Thanks for the lovely greeting! 

• Like 1