Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CC Help Michell

Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

 

And here I thought that was only an April Fool's joke! 🤣

 

That should work, just don't forget to take the wrap off when you get home!

 

It is a real “hazard” as the water trap is required to prevent sewer odor and noxious gases from entering your home...😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rloke said:

 

It is a real “hazard” as the water trap is required to prevent sewer odor and noxious gases from entering your home...😉

 

I know - we rarely use the spare bathroom unless we have house guests. So I do make sure to run the shower, tub, and sinks every once in a while to keep the traps full. Since we live in a cooler climate, the water doesn't evaporate as quickly as it does in Florida. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lois, in order to avoid stale water in the toilet bowl that can cause rust, before leaving, just as I flush the toilet, I pour Clorox and that will make half water and half Clorox.  You will be surprised at not seeing rust marks in your toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

 

And here I thought that was only an April Fool's joke! 🤣

 

That should work, just don't forget to take the wrap off when you get home!

I have heard about the wrap on the seat but I still don't totally understand how that works...…….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Camillus112 said:

Lois, in order to avoid stale water in the toilet bowl that can cause rust, before leaving, just as I flush the toilet, I pour Clorox and that will make half water and half Clorox.  You will be surprised at not seeing rust marks in your toilet.

Hi Cam, thanks for the tip....funny thing is, the guest bathroom? I have to remember to clean it and flush and whenever I do it, there is no rust!  But I will clean that more than normal until I leave in April.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

 

And here I thought that was only an April Fool's joke! 🤣

 

That should work, just don't forget to take the wrap off when you get home!

We did that plastic wrap thing at camp when we were young and "raided" the boys cabins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings Coolers!

 

Today's funny comes courtesy of Turtle (thank you).....

 

83444380_1231814620357546_7525867349337964544_n.jpg.1b4a267c8ec9803a09fda2f70339fee5.jpg

 

Have a great day all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning coolers......Mysty, how cute!:classic_biggrin:

 

Well, I am supposed**** to be starting radiation treatment this coming week....operative word (supposed)…..

get this, back on 1/9 on overnighted over 3 grand to the Cobra people and yes, they got the money and they have

told me they got it (spoke on the phone) so now you ask, what is the problem? Well, to be blunt, I don't know

but seems BCBS has not re-activated my account from being an "active employee" to a retired one.:classic_blink:

I have been in touch on the phone multiple times as late as Friday and then called my benefits gal where I worked

and she will be calling BCBS tomorrow morning to make sure this gets done PRONTO!   If the radiation needs

to be delayed by a few days, so be it...….but I am not going to be paying the $$$$$ for treatments out of my

own pocket, that is for sure......that is what the Cobra plan is supposed to do...…..I decided to send them 6

months of premiums up front!!!!

Will let you know what happens...……..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Good grief Lois, as if you don't have enough problems!

I agree....but I am trying to just deal with it without getting all stressed out.  I was in touch

with my gal in benefits on Friday....(we are actually pretty good friends as well.)  She will be

contacting BCBS first thing tomorrow morning. 

I have a Dr appt at 11:45am tomorrow but the "official" treatment is supposed to start on Tuesday.

Will let you know what happens...…….

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning coolers......Mysty, how cute!:classic_biggrin:

 

Well, I am supposed**** to be starting radiation treatment this coming week....operative word (supposed)…..

get this, back on 1/9 on overnighted over 3 grand to the Cobra people and yes, they got the money and they have

told me they got it (spoke on the phone) so now you ask, what is the problem? Well, to be blunt, I don't know

but seems BCBS has not re-activated my account from being an "active employee" to a retired one.:classic_blink:

I have been in touch on the phone multiple times as late as Friday and then called my benefits gal where I worked

and she will be calling BCBS tomorrow morning to make sure this gets done PRONTO!   If the radiation needs

to be delayed by a few days, so be it...….but I am not going to be paying the $$$$$ for treatments out of my

own pocket, that is for sure......that is what the Cobra plan is supposed to do...…..I decided to send them 6

months of premiums up front!!!!

Will let you know what happens...……..

Well it may not be the best in the world, but thank God for the NHS, no problems like that for us.  I got back from Australia last year one Wednesday, with what I suspected was a melanoma on my back.  My man, who's Malaysian, Googled what he'd seen and the only word I recognised on the Bhasa Malay site was carcinoma.  I saw the quack on Thursday and the specialist on the Sunday.  It wasn't cancer and it didn't cost me a penny.  Phew!  BTW, good luck Lois, helluva way to start your retirement.  It can and will only get better from here on in 👍🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings Coolers!

 

Today's funny.....

 

computer.jpg.f2adc4a65d9fe1ad2489b627445c84f9.jpg

 

Have a great day all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Miss your World Cruise posts from last year.  No one aboard is posting this year.

Thanks Bluebelle14!  I have to say that I am a little melancholy.  DCC is posting a little and it seems that others are not so inclined.  We'll have to grab the snippets where we can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning coolers.....well, looks like I got some good news...my insurance has now been "reactivated". My friend

from where I worked just called and said the my member number is now up and a running!  And it has been

set up back to January 1st---I guess that would be called pro-rated. So when I go to the Cancer place today

everything should be fine---let's hope it all goes smoothly. My appt is 11:45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning coolers.....well, looks like I got some good news...my insurance has now been "reactivated". My friend from where I worked just called and said the my member number is now up and a running!  And it has been set up back to January 1st---I guess that would be called pro-rated. So when I go to the Cancer place today

everything should be fine---let's hope it all goes smoothly. My appt is 11:45.

 

Good news for Lois.  Glad that your insurance "issue" got solved.  Good luck with the upcoming medical treatments/procedures.

 

Below is our Central Ohio weather.  Not too cold or deep in snow.  Just some flurries.  But, pretty grey and bland.  Not sunny and warm.  Kind of boring weather.  Not exciting, nor too bad.  Can wait to escape to New Zealand and the South Pacific.

 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

 

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 238,503

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

 

From AccuWeather, here is our forecast for today and tomorrow.  Not too cold.  Much prefer having the sunshine!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this visual larger/better!)

1622353820_ScreenShot2020-01-27at9_21_31AM.thumb.png.70b8d6bf142796ba8c80fd616ee13dfb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Terry, sounds like a wonderful trip coming up!

 

And I know you are a sports fan….such sad news about Kobe, his daughter and the other 7 folks too.  He really went

beyond sports though...really hard to fathom!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings Coolers!

 

Today's funny.....

 

old-people-internet-fails-funny-0-1.jpg.77e93531ca6084f21c6b4dbff22fae3d.jpg

 

Have a great day all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning coolers:classic_smile:...…...my first radiation treatment is this afternoon.  Hoping the next 4 weeks

go smoothly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi JP, good morning......thank you. :classic_smile:  I went for the "dry run" yesterday and the gals were excellent. I was given

a lot of information already and from what I can tell, the biggest side affect will be "sunburn".   I had to buy some

moisturizer and was told to start using it at the very beginning and that would be 2-3 times a day.  It is called

Miaderm and I had to get it from their own pharmacy. One of the nurses said it is a preventive way to help

stopping the dryness, etc.  And then there is the whole bra thing...…they really stress not wearing one LOL

(I have to wear one when out and about)  but at home? Will be wearing something like a pajama top...…...soft

cotton....gotta do what you gotta do.  It is all about not having anything rubbing on the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks DW and Spins...….appreciate it.:classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...