Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Jeff, I Love Char Sui. We have a meat buyer that stays with us regularly. He reckons that 1st in the queue for the best quality meat is M&S, 2nd is Morrison’s, 3rd Waitrose, 4th Sainsbury’s, and then Tesco and Asda will take whatever’s left at the cheapest price they can get it.
QSS my recipe is as follows, boil the tatus for about 12 mins, put them in a colander and give them a good shake to rough up the edges. Put them in a roasting tin containing goose fat, Himalayan rock salt, fresh thyme flowers and rosemary. Give them another good shake. Roast for an hour at 180 fan (don’t know what that is in American sorry. Shake them a few times during that hour. If necessary brown them under the grill to finish. 

• Thanks 1

Hello Coolers,

Can anyone identify this bird?  It has come to the feeder for the past two summers.  We are located in western Pennsylvania along the Ohio River.  It is about the size of a bluejay and eats off the ground and on the feeder.  It's not in our Audubon book.

Thanks!

20200524_095549.jpg

20200525_065850.jpg

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have a question for anyone who can give me some technical help...........?  Would you have idea why, when I try to 

use Microsoft EDGE on here I cannot submit a reply?? The box I am typing in does not open up when using that

browser.  Anyone?   I am ok using Chrome but just wondering what the heck is happening. I can read the boards 

on EDGE but for some reason it will not let me submit a reply........................makes no sense to me..........

Good morning..........anyone? 

41 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

Hello Coolers, Can anyone identify this bird?  It has come to the feeder for the past two summers.  We are located in western Pennsylvania along the Ohio River.  It is about the size of a bluejay and eats off the ground and on the feeder.  It's not in our Audubon book.

Thanks!

As your "neighbor" to the west in Central Ohio, that bird does not look familiar here.  Will check with good friends who are very good bird experts. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1340170861_ScreenShot2020-05-25at8_22_11AM.thumb.png.4b69966756801fd7c9c13fac648dca0f.png

1794993546_ScreenShot2020-05-25at8_19_58AM.thumb.png.ef13b19b9ce578d68850353026cc8008.png

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning..........anyone? 

Sorry, Lois, I am an Apple guy with my MacBook Pro laptop and my iPhone.  Not a Microsoft guy.  Good luck. 

Happy MEMORIAL DAY in honor of all of those who have served our country. 

22 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Are you certain you have logged in to CC on the new browser.

Hi Jeff, 🙂yes......I am logged in on that one.......I can see my activity streams and my name is showing up too.

I posted on the "Help Forum" too.......maybe one of the moderators will chime in over there.

30 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Sorry, Lois, I am an Apple guy with my MacBook Pro laptop and my iPhone.  Not a Microsoft guy.  Good luck. 

Happy MEMORIAL DAY in honor of all of those who have served our country. 

Thanks Terry. Appreciate it anyway.

10 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Jeff, 🙂yes......I am logged in on that one.......I can see my activity streams and my name is showing up too.

I posted on the "Help Forum" too.......maybe one of the moderators will chime in over there.

I don’t know the browser so cannot be more precise.  Under settings look at “ad blocker”

Enjoyed dinner out last night at one of our favorite places with long-time friends.  All safely managed and set-up.  BUT, my sense from dining outside both last night and on Saturday evening with my wife at another location, is that it will take a good bit more time for the dining business levels to be restored to anything closer to the pre-shut down levels.  Many people are still being fairly cautious in going out, spending money, etc., etc.  Many factors involved affecting the opening up and recovery here in Ohio.   

2119066709_ScreenShot2020-05-25at10_37_38AM.thumb.png.f81a181054b3752f958ca7445a3a8aef.png

Hi Terry, one of the major things about eating out is those of us who enjoy sitting at the bar for dinner cannot do that

and have no clue when it will be before we are allowed........(at least around here).  Florida is now only partially

opened when it comes to restaurants........I think the amount is 25% or 50% and it is only tables.........not sure which

but when I called a couple of places  the Managers didn't have any answers when the next phase will be opened.

4 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

Can anyone identify this bird? 

20200524_095549.jpg

From a good friend who is a super bird expert, she checked with two others who are skilled in this field.  Their conclusion is that it is a "Leucistic grackle".  Reactions and comments?

Thanks.  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Thanks, Terry!  That is very similar to the guess my (medical student) daughter made.  She thought it was a grackle with a genetic pigmentation problem, and that's what leucism is, more or less.  We do have the occasional standard grackle.

On a different topic, is that the Ohio State Capitol building in the background of your photograph?

Lois, I'm answering you now from MS Edge (I usually use Chrome). I almost never use Edge since I have an Android phone with Chrome, so that what I use on Windows too. But it (Edge) seems to work for me. Hope you get an answer on your other thread, and let us know what you find out.