Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

20 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Lois, I'm answering you now from MS Edge (I usually use Chrome). I almost never use Edge since I have an Android phone with Chrome, so that what I use on Windows too. But it (Edge) seems to work for me. Hope you get an answer on your other thread, and let us know what you find out. 

Good morning JP, I decided to write the help desk and they answered me back.......they are going to check it out and said they would let me know when they have any answers.

They also thanked me for letting them know. Will post any new info when I get it.

My mother used to say spiders only come to clean places. You were not to kill them just shoo them out the door.

I never got that.

And then we moved to Florida where we have wolf spiders that are larger than a baseball. They are hard to shoo and stand their ground.

And then I a recluse spider bit me.

I was really sick.

Sorry spiders you not welcome here.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 4:55 AM, Daveywavey70 said:

QSS my recipe is as follows, boil the tatus for about 12 mins, put them in a colander and give them a good shake to rough up the edges. Put them in a roasting tin containing goose fat, Himalayan rock salt, fresh thyme flowers and rosemary.

OK, I had to make a couple substitutions (i.e. sunflower/olive oil blend for goose fat), but I appreciate your sharing DW and these potatoes turned out delicious.  Boil then bake is a great idea.  Would love to try them done properly by your recipe.

1634013346_IMG_0562563.jpg.0c051e208772403d448f378dd5b5db9b.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

OK, I had to make a couple substitutions (i.e. sunflower/olive oil blend for goose fat), but I appreciate your sharing DW and these potatoes turned out delicious.  Boil then bake is a great idea.  Would love to try them done properly by your recipe.

1634013346_IMG_0562563.jpg.0c051e208772403d448f378dd5b5db9b.jpg

They look great QSS. Just 1 tip, I Rough mine up quite a bit more, if the edges are really smashed up then that gives you all those fantastic crunchy bits. Happy roasting 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

They look great QSS. Just 1 tip, I Rough mine up quite a bit more, if the edges are really smashed up then that gives you all those fantastic crunchy bits. Happy roasting 🙂 

YES, love those "fantastic crunch bits".  So good, delightful and tasty. 

Below was an item my wife received early today that sums up some of the "conditions" we are facing these days. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1415868535_ScreenShot2020-05-27at1_31_06PM.thumb.png.d5550d7c8a676d3d4739aa285726fad4.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Tomohawk Steak tonight. I Did rather enjoy it!

20200527_182607.jpg

20200527_193657.jpg

I always have enjoyed seeing how different countries trim their steaks.  Here’s how a tomahawk looks in Colorado.

CC063972-E8A3-4A77-817B-E5F74DE0DDFD.jpeg

F43F7DBE-6957-41F9-B38D-6F17CEFA487F.jpeg

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I always have enjoyed seeing how different countries trim their steaks.  Here’s how a tomahawk looks in the States.

CC063972-E8A3-4A77-817B-E5F74DE0DDFD.jpeg

F43F7DBE-6957-41F9-B38D-6F17CEFA487F.jpeg

067F6103-458D-4BE9-9AB8-E35C7CDBA4CF.jpeg

Stumbles, I Still dont understand all of the American names of the cuts. Confuses me! I Was brought up the old fashioned way which involved a lot of French cuts.

2 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Stumbles, I Still dont understand all of the American names of the cuts. Confuses me! I Was brought up the old fashioned way which involved a lot of French cuts.

I know what you mean.  High-end restaurants got all excited a decade ago when they figured out how much more they could charge for a common ribeye if it came with an extra rib bone in it. 😁

• Haha 1