Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 5/20/2020 at 5:23 PM, FlyingScotSailors said:

...picture of our G&Ts tonight, Nolet's gin and fever tree tonic, on the back porch.

Just returned from a trip down the hill and couldn’t find Davey’s “Aromatic” FeverTree tonic at either of the two large monster sized liquor stores.  Both stores had tags for the item, but no product on the shelf.  They seemed to have every other flavor known to man.  Wonder then, is Aromatic a seasonal item?  Or, maybe, a supply disruption due to Covid-19?

Anyway, was able to find your recommended Nolet’s and prepared a G&T exactly how I make it with Midsummer Solstice for comparison purposes.  I like the nose and find it quite a bit more floral on my palette.  Will head to the grocer for some raspberries and see how they might liven it up even further.  So, thanks for bringing Nolet’s to our attention.

4C957A35-CB88-4C8C-A98B-BB2A09E27B1A.thumb.jpeg.0039df71451535b19a09a6c76caeb98a.jpeg

The store where I bought Nolet’s was out of Midsummer Soltice and said they wouldn’t have anymore.  So, I made sure to pick up a bottle at the other store.  I didn’t realize it was a limited release product, regardless of the name.

Speaking of limited release products, has anyone tried this Hendrick’s version?  If so, please tell me more about it.

9DE0163A-2953-4DDC-9205-DF0A0C30B2B1.thumb.jpeg.ede6c2318a9fec169e052550b7eb99ba.jpeg

• Like 2

Stumbles, haven't tried the Orbium yet. Looks tasty, maybe after the Solstice? 😉

Glad you're enjoying the Nolet's too. I put a lemon in mine. Milder and more nubile than a lime. 

I'll let you know what the aromatic tonic tastes Ike next week, when it arrives. The flavor profile seems strong for Nolet's but I'll enjoy the experiments! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

'Morning!  Just a quick drive-by posting - kudos to JP & his hospital.  It was on the news yesterday of the release of a recovered Covid patient - Vet.  Nice to see you all have been working on some potential treatments that are showing great results.  Stay safe my friend.  I'll be down in the office in Albany tomorrow for some meetings (our building was badly damaged in the riots over the weekend 😒  so our return to normal will be delayed.  Not sure why they felt it necessary to smash every window in an office building that houses non-profits, but left the State Sheriffs association two doors down unscathed.  The landlord covered over the first floor damage, but alas, the windows on the 2nd and 3rd floor (where our offices are), and open, so we were shooing birds out Tuesday morning.   Not good, when you realize how close we are to the Red Tail Hawk nests at the State Ed Building..., it don't mind sharing my office, but they're too noisy, and messy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

'Morning!  Just a quick drive-by posting - kudos to JP & his hospital.  It was on the news yesterday of the release of a recovered Covid patient - Vet.  Nice to see you all have been working on some potential treatments that are showing great results.  Stay safe my friend.  I'll be down in the office in Albany tomorrow for some meetings (our building was badly damaged in the riots over the weekend 😒  so our return to normal will be delayed.  Not sure why they felt it necessary to smash every window in an office building that houses non-profits, but left the State Sheriffs association two doors down unscathed.  The landlord covered over the first floor damage, but alas, the windows on the 2nd and 3rd floor (where our offices are), and open, so we were shooing birds out Tuesday morning.   Not good, when you realize how close we are to the Red Tail Hawk nests at the State Ed Building..., it don't mind sharing my office, but they're too noisy, and messy.

We really need another button for reacting to posts.  "Like" "Ha Ha" and "Thanks" don't cut it here!  Stay safe Jan!

• Like 1

Wow, Jan. It sounds like it got really ugly over the weekend. Sorry it hit so close to home.

I was working over the weekend and when I started home Saturday afternoon, the roads through Washington Park were suddenly blocked off with no warning. I saw a large number of people marching along, so I had to turn around and go home another way. Those marchers were the peaceful demonstration, as I learned later.

Our COVID-19 treatments are nothing out of the ordinary, and other hospitals are using the same ones. We have had some better luck the past few weeks, with patients who were not as sick, I guess. But I'm really glad to see some recoveries, especially this guy who I worked on for a while. This virus is a nasty bugger, for sure. Hopefully we are turning a corner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Australia is also  going through a GIN phase.  Here is a selection of the "PINK" gins at the local  bottle  shop ! Made from a crazy selection of  native fruit, grapes etc 

676397-1.png image1000007498-STCACEGGIN700-1.jpg image810210-1.png imageManly-Spirits-Lilly-Pilly-med-.jpg image698610-1.png imagewqPINKFITaward.jpg imageWild-Lemon-Hibiscus-Gin-700ml-Front.png image2000003518-9340550050126-1.png image

WOW....they look pretty🙂

I had my first stress test on Monday and got the results today.  It is nice to give some positive health news.  The

Dr said everything looks "EXCELLENT"....... not just good, but excellent😀

Now I have to make an appt for that wonderful procedure (not)---a colonoscopy😦...........2020 is my health issue

year...........

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I had my first stress test on Monday and got the results today.  It is nice to give some positive health news.  The

Dr said everything looks "EXCELLENT"....... not just good, but excellent

Lois,

That is the best news so far!  EXCELLENT is EXCELLENT!

A&P

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

Australia is also  going through a GIN phase.  Here is a selection of the "PINK" gins at the local  bottle  shop ! Made from a crazy selection of  native fruit, grapes etc 

I agree with Lois; pretty!  However, I have a feeling Davey will tell you those aren’t proper.  

The only other time I had heard that term was by a Brit who was complaining to a Hotel Director you know, Sujit, about the bartenders inability to make a proper Pimm’s.  This went on throughout the entire dinner.  DW and I looked at each other, because neither of us had even heard of Pimm’s, let alone a proper one.  Needless to say, Sujit excused himself from the table mid-meal to get away from the bore.  We were sad, but totally understood why, because we had never dined with an officer before.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Lois

A pink drink 

235190629_Screenshot_20200603-1622132.thumb.png.fc6e453272d752449c570a0d6238995a.png

LOL..........too bad those drinks can't be the pre-op drink...........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

I agree with Lois; pretty!  However, I have a feeling Davey will tell you those aren’t proper.  

The only other time I had heard that term was by a Brit who was complaining to a Hotel Director you know, Sujit, about the bartenders inability to make a proper Pimm’s.  This went on throughout the entire dinner.  DW and I looked at each other, because neither of us had even heard of Pimm’s, let alone a proper one.  Needless to say, Sujit excused himself from the table mid-meal to get away from the bore.  We were sad, but totally understood why, because we had never dined with an officer before.

Oh Stumblefoot we have lots of 'proper' gins in the local  bottle shop !  First there is a choice of 630 gins in the spirits, then by country the choice is Aussie - 330,  England 70, Japan 30, France 15, Germany 13, Ireland 12, China 4,  Lativa and Greenland  1 each !

As to  Pimms - it was very big in the 70s here - usually with  a celery stick and a slice of orange and lemon as well 😆  and usually ginger ale or soda  !   Toast Summer with The Pimm's Cup - Wyatt's Wet Goods

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rojaan19 said:

Oh Stumblefoot we have lots of 'proper' gins in the local  bottle shop !  First there is a choice of 630 gins in the spirits, then by country the choice is Aussie - 330,  England 70, Japan 30, France 15, Germany 13, Ireland 12, China 4,  Lativa and Greenland  1 each !

As to  Pimms - it was very big in the 70s here - usually with  a celery stick and a slice of orange and lemon as well 😆  and usually ginger ale or soda  !   Toast Summer with The Pimm's Cup - Wyatt's Wet Goods

rojaan19...what?  No Canadian gins?  Heresy!  🤣

• Haha 1