Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Is there a specific model of Phillips Airfryer to rave about.  Myster may well be interested.  😁

Mine is no longer new and it doesn't show a model #.

It has the  biggest basket capacity. It is  a Phillips and has a digital display. Bought from Williams Sonoma on mega sale. 

Must be 4 or 5 years old at least.

I use it almost daily for many things.

In fact I got rid of my toaster because its easy to make toast in the air fryer!  Nice to remove a counter appliance especially because the air fryer is big.

Caveat

While I did see it used to cook a whole chicken when I attempted to do the same my house was filled with smoke. Not a good experience.

The only failure.

There are lots of other brands of air fryers out there now to investigate and if I had to replace the one I have at this time, I would read up on them and comparison shop.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Mine is no longer new and it doesn't show a model #.

It has the  biggest basket capacity. It is  a Phillips and has a digital display. Bought from Williams Sonoma on mega sale. 

Must be 4 or 5 years old at least.

I use it almost daily for many things.

In fact I got rid of my toaster because its easy to make toast in the air fryer!  Nice to remove a counter appliance especially because the air fryer is big.

Caveat

While I did see it used to cook a whole chicken when I attempted to do the same my house was filled with smoke. Not a good experience.

The only failure.

There are lots of other brands of air fryers out there now to investigate and if I had to replace the one I have at this time, I would read up on them and comparison shop.

Thank you Spins!  I will follow your excellent advice!  Much appreciated!

22 hours ago, jpalbny said:

<snip>

The garden is growing like crazy but I am worried that the ripening of the tomatoes is going to slow down precipitously. I have tons of green tomatoes on the vines, but the weather has suddenly decided to drop in temperature. We have a run of 75F days with overnight lows in the 50s coming up. I hope that some of them still ripen, though it may take a while longer.

A surfeit of green tomatoes = chutney making time.

It was a cold unpleasant day here in Upstate NY. And work was nonstop annoying as well. When I got home, I took out the Instant Pot, and a package of short ribs that had been in the freezer for months which Chris had defrosted for me. It seemed like the thing to do... Thanks, Spins, for reminding me how handy that appliance is too!

A quick sear, then they pressure cooked for an hour with broth and onions, along with fresh thyme and rosemary, while I did a run on the treadmill to clear my head.

I served the short ribs in their broth, with roasted potatoes and some sauteed mushrooms. No pictures, though. But it was comfort food, and it hit the spot after an all-around ugly day. Or maybe it's just the Malbec that did that?

But the highlight of my day was a call from George (RachelG's husband); it was so nice to hear a friendly voice that reminded me of happy times on board Silversea! Hopefully tomorrow will be less unpleasant at work. Some days, I think it's time to retire. We are not reopening in any kind of thoughtful or sensible way and the mixed messages are getting tiresome.

• Like 4

Good morning, Terry, Oscar Wilde has some funky quotes.............I love not having a job anymore😀

Actually, I found this one

Image result for loving retirement quotes snoopy

And that is even with this funky year of 2020!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Terry, Oscar Wilde has some funky quotes.............I love not having a job anymore😀

Actually, I found this one

Image result for loving retirement quotes snoopy

And that is even with this funky year of 2020!!!!!!!!!  

Life goals!

Hi JP, I am betting you love what you do though🙂......you are in the profession of saving lives----that is something

most of us will never experience.  Thanks for all you do😀

Be careful of the temperature scans!

If you go to the grocery store and they want to scan your forehead to see if you have a fever, do not fall for it.  It is a scam.  Those temperature sensors actually erase your memory.  I went to the store this morning for milk, bread, and eggs.  They scanned me. When I got home I had one gallon of ice cream and three Snickers candy bars.

--

"Childhood is a journey, not a race!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1