Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Here's a little something that may bring you joy.  Every year pieces of confetti rain down on Times Square NYC on New Year's Eve.  You can add your wish to the rain of confetti.  Here is the link...

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/whats-happening/nye-wishing-wall#wish

From the website.."Your wishes will be added to the confetti that flutters down in the heart of Times Square on New Year's Eve! Each year, people from around the planet include their wishes for the new year on pieces of official Times Square New Year's Eve confetti, either digitally or in person.

Whether it's a personal goal, a dream for the future or doing something for the very first time, these wishes are added to over a ton of confetti that floats down at midnight onto the revelers gathered in Times Square in celebration of the new year. Be a part of this most magical night by making your wish in person through our mobile Wishing Wall on the plazas or by sharing your New Year's wish with us below or on Twitter and Instagram using #ConfettiWish. We will add it to the thousands of others released above Times Square at midnight on New Year's Eve for all the world to see!"

I have done this for many years and it gives me joy!

What a lovely thing to do.  As a New Yorker, gone now over 40 years, I never knew about this tradition but am glad I do now!  Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Do they come true? 😉

Well in November 2018 I entered my wish for NYE and wished that the participants of the 2019 WC would have a wonderful, safe voyage and that one came true!  😃

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mysty said:

Well in November 2018 I entered my wish for NYE and wished that the participants of the 2019 WC would have a wonderful, safe voyage and that one came true!  😃

That you did, mysty. Back in the AC days...

• Like 1

Just kidding, I'm off today.

FB_IMG_1606315599819.jpg.d7309af466fbb4a9b8e535091a3190cc.jpg

Just got back from the grocery store for some last-minute ingredients. Will bake a cranberry tart of some kind, and get the duck trimmed for tomorrow. Chris is here with me, but she's working. Nice to be home with her today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Thankful for past and future opportunities to see the world. Hopeful that 2021 brings an opportunity to resume.

• Like 4

Good morning,🙂  well, it was 1 year ago today I had my lumpectomy............hard to believe really, especially with all that has happened since that time.

I am roasting a bone-in turkey breast tomorrow.....tried to find a smaller size but this will have

to do......it is about 4.7 llbs.  I will just have lots of leftover turkey sandwiches.  Making sweet

potatoes and some stuffing (from the box) but it will be fine and having some pre-made green

bean casserole from Publix.  I also cheated and got myself a mini size apple pie from the Publix bakery.  I really don't do sweets anymore but am just treating myself this Thanksgiving. 

I will wish all my countrymates a real Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

• Like 5

Screenshot_20201122-153520.thumb.png.bf5004894207a4fa252c5453699f0d3e.png

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

Made an apple cider pie and pumpkin cheesecake. Brux sprouts with bacon, chicken cranberry stuffing, pumpkin pudding and some traditional green bean casserole.

Having a Willie Bird smoked turkey which we have every year. Gravy of course and cranberry relish with bourbon.

We will dine outside by the pool as it is in the 70s F here. 

Our son will drive here for the feast and we have measured out socially distanced perimeters and parameters.  It will be buffet style with each person having their own serving utensils. We will not eat at the same table.

I still feel there is a risk.

If we had to eat inside it would be just the 2 of us.

We are grateful and for a change, hopeful.

• Like 4

Hi Spins, sounds like you are at least taking the virus seriously and since you are eating

outside and spreading out, it should be pretty safe.  Hope you have a good day with your

family.🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it tomorrow.  Thank you to all who sent best wishes.  Our Thanksgiving will be very low key and non-traditional this year.  We are having filet mignon with porcini sauce.  We had our turkey last week just to be different.

We have so much to be thankful for (sorry for ending a sentence with a preposition).  Bob’s surgery was a success.  We have our health and our families are safe.  We hope we will be able to see all our cc.com friends in the near future.

• Like 9

Have good day tomorrow everyone!  Baking ahead for tomorrow's take home pot luck - cranberry-orange bread with a big assist from King Arthur Flour in Vermont.

bread.jpg.e1d7d3907d2a86195ed56437192f24ba.jpg

Hoping it won't be awkward to encourage those who come to fill their Gladware containers (provided) and leave...

• Like 4

That looks yummy, QSS! Can I sign up for a Gladware container? 

We have visited the King Arthur shop in Vermont a few times. You can buy a lot there if you're not careful. 

I baked a cranberry tart today. The filling is cranberries cooked in a sugary syrup, then covered with an almond custard. I burned the edges of the crust but the rest should be ok.

20201125_171851_resized.thumb.jpg.23cfa3349117bfa313c4a607634cc40d.jpg

The almond extract in the custard came from Odessa. We bought it in a grocery store while we were on an SS Black Sea cruise. So we can pretend that we're traveling despite the pandemic.

• Like 4