Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

How is the weather down in Florida?  Below from AccuWeather is their graphic showing the "bad stuff" coming our way for the Midwest and NE areas.  Look like fun??!!  Everyone ready?  Too late to fly to Florida?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1336450642_ScreenShot2021-01-29at11_05_39PM.thumb.png.ad65a6d5d2d752f0bc0a7b2a1874849a.png

Hi Terry, well, I am up in the northern part of the state as I am sure you are aware that we have

several regions and South Florida is a much different climate from me. 

It is sunny here this morning and about 48 degrees right now.  We had multiple days of 

rain this past week......seems some sort of front came through.   Looks nice out this morning

though.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Terry, well, I am up in the northern part of the state and South Florida is a much different climate from me.  It is sunny here this morning and about 48 degrees right now.  We had multiple days of 

rain this past week......seems some sort of front came through.   Looks nice out this morning though.

Checked for Miami today.  They will be at a high of 72F today with sunshine.  Seems nice!!

1009730237_ScreenShot2021-01-30at11_08_20AM.png.9a38e8e6c4f78185ac4654d7ac4ff6b5.png

345075772_ScreenShot2021-01-30at11_08_34AM.png.a07685e5343958815d666bbc2e26bfe8.png

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

How is the weather down in Florida?  Below from AccuWeather is their graphic showing the "bad stuff" coming our way for the Midwest and NE areas.  Look like fun??!!  Everyone ready?  Too late to fly to Florida?

1336450642_ScreenShot2021-01-29at11_05_39PM.thumb.png.ad65a6d5d2d752f0bc0a7b2a1874849a.png

Terry,

Where and when did you get this forecast? Sunny and cold here, but no snow.

There is just a slight chance of snow Tuesday. I will be taking my walk outside later and maybe go cross country skiing today.  Sunny days make me very happy.🌞

Current conditions at

Glens Falls, Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport (KGFL)

Lat: 43.34°NLon: 73.61°WElev: 328ft.
sct.png

Fair

11°F

-12°C

Humidity 56%
Wind Speed S 6 mph
Barometer 30.28 in (1027.0 mb)
Dewpoint -2°F (-19°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Wind Chill 1°F (-17°C)
Last update 30 Jan 11:53 am EST 
Extended Forecast for

Saratoga Springs NY

• This
    Afternoon

This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Northwest wind around 5 mph.

Mostly Sunny

High: 17 °F

• Tonight

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -5. Light north wind.

Mostly Clear

Low: -5 °F

• Sunday

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Light northeast wind.

Mostly Sunny

High: 22 °F

• Sunday
    Night

Sunday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph.

Mostly Cloudy

Low: 4 °F

• Monday

Monday: A slight chance of snow.  Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.  Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Slight Chance
    Snow

High: 27 °F

• Monday
    Night

Monday Night: A chance of snow.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Chance Snow

Low: 21 °F

• Tuesday

Tuesday: Snow likely, mainly before 1pm.  Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Snow Likely

High: 30 °F

• Tuesday
    Night

Tuesday Night: A chance of snow before 1am.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Chance Snow

Low: 19 °F

• Wednesday

Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 31.

Partly Sunny

High: 31 °F

Detailed Forecast

This Afternoon
Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Northwest wind around 5 mph. 
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around -5. Light north wind. 
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Light northeast wind. 
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northeast wind 3 to 6 mph. 
Monday
A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Tuesday
Snow likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Thursday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

• Like 1

YES!!  I like sunny weather, too.  Our NY Neighbor asked: "Terry,  Where and when did you get this forecast? Sunny and cold here, but no snow.  There is just a slight chance of snow Tuesday. I will be taking my walk outside later and maybe go cross country skiing today.  Sunny days make me very happy."

Got this info and the graphic last night and this am from AccuWeather.  See more below as to what they are saying now for New York City and Albany, NY.  Those might not be your exact location, but it is some close in general terms.  In fact for right now, AccuWeather has predicted for NYC: "6-10" of snow tomorrow evening through Tuesday."

Per AccuWeather, here is their outlook for the coming week for New York City

1607510540_ScreenShot2021-01-30at1_12_08PM.thumb.png.d66a6cf947ba3e579b4e4c776a598b40.png

For Albany, NY, here is their upcoming outlook: 

1360467516_ScreenShot2021-01-30at1_13_17PM.thumb.png.ee3337de1ebefc0049694ec9583984a7.png

Since AccuWeather was presented as a reference here I've been thinking about the use of Accu anything in a company name.  It is obviously designed to bestow credibility and dependability on the work of the company.  Here's my issue.....just using Accu in front of the name does not justify any kind of confidence in the product.  It is a marketing ploy.  I could change my CC name to Accumysty and I am warning you all that the change would not affect my credibility.  Confidence in the product comes with service, reliability and customer interaction.  Accu anything means nothing in a name! 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mysty said:

Since AccuWeather was presented as a reference here I've been thinking about the use of Accu anything in a company name.  It is obviously designed to bestow credibility and dependability on the work of the company.  Here's my issue.....just using Accu in front of the name does not justify any kind of confidence in the product.  It is a marketing ploy.  I could change my CC name to Accumysty and I am warning you all that the change would not affect my credibility.  Confidence in the product comes with service, reliability and customer interaction.  Accu anything means nothing in a name! 😁

Still – driving from Acadia to Bangor to pick up our daughter at the airport, we passed a vacant store with the former name "Pete's Pretty Good Ice Cream."  So not promising anything in your name doesn't work.  OTOH Pete's Wicked Ale did very well for 25 years.  It wasn't wicked good, but it made you try it.

IIRC AccuWeather started out as a service for local TV stations.  The idea (I'm guessing) was to stress that while The Weather Channel showed the whole country, the local station zeroed in on the weather right where you are.  As websites, both now try to include both functions.  Weather Underground started out as really local – their maps showed a weather station on the next block to my house [although I always wondered how it was calibrated] – but now they have been gobbled up by The Weather Channel [and it in turn by IBM – so any link to 1960s radicalism is only ironic now...]  Anyway, I use all three and consider them equally accurate.  But I would definitely consider AccuMysty a cut above! 😉

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Still – driving from Acadia to Bangor to pick up our daughter at the airport, we passed a vacant store with the former name "Pete's Pretty Good Ice Cream."  So not promising anything in your name doesn't work.  OTOH Pete's Wicked Ale did very well for 25 years.  It wasn't wicked good, but it made you try it.

IIRC AccuWeather started out as a service for local TV stations.  The idea (I'm guessing) was to stress that while The Weather Channel showed the whole country, the local station zeroed in on the weather right where you are.  As websites, both now try to include both functions.  Weather Underground started out as really local – their maps showed a weather station on the next block to my house [although I always wondered how it was calibrated] – but now they have been gobbled up by The Weather Channel [and it in turn by IBM – so any link to 1960s radicalism is only ironic now...]  Anyway, I use all three and consider them equally accurate.  But I would definitely consider AccuMysty a cut above! 😉

I do love your wit Jazz!  Your confidence in AccuMysty might be misplaced however! 🤣

56 minutes ago, mysty said:

The planets are aligning Flying 😁

Jupiter is passing through Orion
And moving to conjunction with Mars.
Saturn is wheeling through infinite space
To its pre-ordained place in the stars.
And I gaze at the planets in wonderment –
At the trouble and time they spend
Just to warn me to be careful

In dealings involving a friend.

--Flanders & Swann

• Like 1