Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

18 minutes ago, FlyingScotSailors said:

JP, does this mean you root for teams from NEW JERSEY?

No way! Though I will admit that I enjoyed when Eli beat TB.

I actually don't care much about football, haven't watched baseball in years, and used to be excited about the Rangers in the 1990s. This is about the only sports event that I watch these days.

Edited by jpalbny

OK, trying to be at least semi-consistent:  I am now officially a Tom Brady fan.

When Bill Parcells won two Super Bowls with my Giants, I was ecstatic as a Giants fan but had to admit that other coaches had also done great things.  When he went on to turn around the fortunes of the Patriots, Jets and Redskins I ranked him as the greatest coach of all time.

So, I could pooh-pooh Brady's record with the Pats because... (you know, Bill Belicheck stabbed my Jets in the back; cough,cough-cheating-cough).  But now, Brady did it without Belicheck and by turning around the fortunes of a team just like Parcells.

So:  I will root for Brady in all future Super Bowls.  Up to and including LXXV [which I fully expect him to appear in].

BTW, am I the only one who looks at this year's SuperBowl logo:

super-bowl-lv-logo.jpg

and sees 54???

3 hours ago, jillyf said:

My husband has set himself up to watch the Super Bowl. It’s started at 10.30am here. 
We don’t have all the great ads you get which is a pity as there are so many of them.

Have to say, no great ads this year.

Despite NFL’s lack of global recognition outside of North America, I would imagine that if you asked random sports fans in Europe to name an American Football player Tom Brady would be top of the list. 

He might not be up there with Pele, Woods and Jordan as a global name but he is definitely very well known outside of the States as probably the greatest QB.

Good morning folks, Jazz, I respectfully disagree with you about the ads.....I thought some

of them were quite good actually.  The babies (huggies) commercial........who does not love

babies? 

Of course THE BOSS in the Jeep commercial gets a thumbs up from me.👍

Maybe overall they were not as funny as in the past but I liked these 2 for sure.

As for the game.......nobody saw this coming (well, maybe the Bucs did) but the Chiefs

were favored.   It is truly unreal what TB is doing and his level of play at 43 years old......7th

Superbowl win!   As one person, he has more Superbowl wins than any other total franchise!

He is the GOAT....7........and he is coming back next year too..........

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

OK, trying to be at least semi-consistent:  I am now officially a Tom Brady fan.

When Bill Parcells won two Super Bowls with my Giants, I was ecstatic as a Giants fan but had to admit that other coaches had also done great things.  When he went on to turn around the fortunes of the Patriots, Jets and Redskins I ranked him as the greatest coach of all time.

So, I could pooh-pooh Brady's record with the Pats because... (you know, Bill Belicheck stabbed my Jets in the back; cough,cough-cheating-cough).  But now, Brady did it without Belicheck and by turning around the fortunes of a team just like Parcells.

So:  I will root for Brady in all future Super Bowls.  Up to and including LXXV [which I fully expect him to appear in].

BTW, am I the only one who looks at this year's SuperBowl logo:

super-bowl-lv-logo.jpg

and sees 54???

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The fourth item should be in every cruise cabin!  An attractive coffee table that transforms so easily into a dining table.

That's what we saw! 54, maybe it's just us?

12 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The fourth item should be in every cruise cabin!  An attractive coffee table that transforms so easily into a dining table.

could not unplug this from the above!!

spring -kx (28).jpg

Edited by zqtchas
  • Haha 1

It snowed last night..

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit, and said it should have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man... woman...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose since veggies are food and not used to decorate snow figures.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern guy across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The police arrived, saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council of equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - A TV news crew showed up. I was asked if I knew the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs", and I am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

By noon, all the snow had melted

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is exactly what we have become.....all caused by Snowflakes.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

It snowed last night..

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest, saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit, and said it should have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man... woman...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose since veggies are food and not used to decorate snow figures.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern guy across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up.

8:40 - The police arrived, saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council of equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - A TV news crew showed up. I was asked if I knew the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs", and I am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe, sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

By noon, all the snow had melted

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It is exactly what we have become.....all caused by Snowflakes.

WOW Chas..you dug deep with this one!  We have become a very judgmental world with little to no tolerance and little to no capacity for recognizing and accepting differences, let alone the ability to consider the concept of intent before pushing the "I'm outraged" button.  We all see the world through filters based on life experience.  To insist that my filters are the only correct ones is foolish.  Somewhere along the line we have moved away from the "milk of human kindness" to a place where suspicion and distrust are the way we roll.  I try to deal with shades of grey and not the extremes of black and white.  For me, there is rarely any issue that lands solidly in either of the two extremes.  I'm not saying I am a saint (and Myster will advise that I am not 😁).   I continue to hope for a gentler, kinder, more caring, more accepting world.   

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, mysty said:

WOW Chas..you dug deep with this one!  We have become a very judgmental world with little to no tolerance and little to no capacity for recognizing and accepting differences, let alone the ability to consider the concept of intent before pushing the "I'm outraged" button.  We all see the world through filters based on life experience.  To insist that my filters are the only correct ones is foolish.  Somewhere along the line we have moved away from the "milk of human kindness" to a place where suspicion and distrust are the way we roll.  I try to deal with shades of grey and not the extremes of black and white.  For me, there is rarely any issue that lands solidly in either of the two extremes.  I'm not saying I am a saint (and Myster will advise that I am not 😁).   I continue to hope for a gentler, kinder, more caring, more accepting world.   

didn't mean to stir the pot. or did I?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

didn't mean to stir the pot. or did I?

I think you did!  And that pot needed stirring!   😁  I will gladly help with the spoon Chas!  As long as it does not involve cooking!

• Haha 2

Although Myster doesn't play in the Cooler we do have discussions on topics that come up here.   Today he mentioned that the book Nineteen Eighty-four by George Orwell should be part of the curriculum in all schools.   I tend to agree. 

42 minutes ago, mysty said:

Today he mentioned that the book Nineteen Eighty-four by George Orwell should be part of the curriculum in all schools.   I tend to agree. 

I tend to agree too, so long as Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World is also part of the reading list.  Censorship can come in multiple flavors.  

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Sorry my post veered off the rails politically in supporting mysty's hopes.  Unintentional.  🥵

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dusababy said:

Sorry my post veered off the rails politically in supporting mysty's hopes.  Unintentional.  🥵

Still, good to have you back - haven't seen you in a while. And no apology needed, in my book.

• Like 2