Jump to content

Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

Happy Birthday JP!

geezers -joy.jpg

 

Hey! I resemble that comment!

 

Thanks all. This made me chuckle. Talk about going out with a bang! 🤣 🎆🎇🧨

 

FB_IMG_1616768689243.jpg.ea733dbd90480692284259111cc670f7.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this offer from Walgreens today.  Are BOGO FREE batteries something like MERCURY-FREE?  Have our rivers been getting polluted with BOGO all these years and I never knew?  This is such a relief!!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.19.28 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Walgreens got their message a bit confused.  BOGO batteries are, of course, used to power your BOGO.  They are apparently free at that store, but I suspect there will be a catch for those who ask for them.              😉

Edited by QueSeraSera
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I think Walgreens got their message a bit confused.  BOGO batteries are, of course, used to power your BOGO.  They are apparently free at that store, but I suspect there will be a catch for those who ask for them.              😉

Now you tell me!  I just stocked up, and I DON'T EVEN OWN A BOGO!!!  🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

I think Walgreens got their message a bit confused.  BOGO batteries are, of course, used to power your BOGO.  They are apparently free at that store, but I suspect there will be a catch for those who ask for them.              😉

 

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Now you tell me!  I just stocked up, and I DON'T EVEN OWN A BOGO!!!  🤣

 

Comedy Central live in the Cooler! 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Enjoying some beautiful scenery here at the Mohonk Mountain House. From our balcony.

 

20210326_182955.thumb.jpg.daf3824f7854c743a5c6191aa454f50b.jpg

 

The Hotel and its eponymous lake.

 

20210326_185941.thumb.jpg.fb6ae9964664c4dfb153bccb7f8de8a4.jpg

 

Beautiful evening colors on the Shawangunks.

 

20210326_190301.thumb.jpg.9bd986098afc0e6f09651f4f0f70a64c.jpg

 

Dinner soon. Looks great!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazzbeau -

Back in the day I bought my young daughter a tiny drum kit (would fit on a tea saucer), with a battery, which you could sort of "play" by touching the parts with your fingers.  Touch cymbal, you got a crash, etc..  It didn't take long to figure out it was fun to break out at parties, so when talking and joking, you could follow up your witticisms with a snare-and-a-cymbal, just like the standups in the Borscht Belt.  (i.e. - Take my wife. Please. boom boom crash!)  We need to add something to this forum so we can deliver those sounds after our clever comments, rapier-like witticisms and bon mots.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Jazzbeau -

Back in the day I bought my young daughter a tiny drum kit (would fit on a tea saucer), with a battery, which you could sort of "play" by touching the parts with your fingers.  Touch cymbal, you got a crash, etc..  It didn't take long to figure out it was fun to break out at parties, so when talking and joking, you could follow up your witticisms with a snare-and-a-cymbal, just like the standups in the Borscht Belt.  (i.e. - Take my wife. Please. boom boom crash!)  We need to add something to this forum so we can deliver those sounds after our clever comments, rapier-like witticisms and bon mots.  

 

Yes please to the sounds!  Maybe even some applause!  No laugh tracks though.   Much too stilted! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Will Work for Tiramisu said:

Take my borscht! Please!  Ba bum crash! 

 

I guess I should have turned the volume up before reading your post.  😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, where are ya'll?...looks really beautiful!  I too hope you had a very Happy Birthday today🙂

And now, back to our regularly scheduled cooler:  

Mohonk Mountain House is an old hotel outside of New Paltz, NY.  We have stayed there in the past, and had many family day-trips (with lunch!) there.  When we lived in NYC, we used to go there for rock climbing (some of the best in eastern US) and cross country skiing (before it became popular).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi JP, where are ya'll?...looks really beautiful!  I too hope you had a very Happy Birthday today🙂

 

Mohonk Mountain House, a little more than an hour south of home in the Shawangunk Mountains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

 

Mohonk Mountain House, a little more than an hour south of home in the Shawangunk Mountains. 

 

Note on pronunciation of Shawangunk:  the second 'a' is silent, stress on first syllable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...