Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

7 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Not Big Bird!  What is this world coming to?

Mockingbird, don't know why I love this

(178) Mockingbird - Carly Simon & James Taylor - YouTube

Que, it's the pure joy of that song and that performance!  So little joy to be had lately that this grabs you by the collar and shakes you!  Thanks for this bit of joy!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Am I the only one who clicked the yes button on Mysty's post?

Que we all have different stimuli.   🙂  I love music and the ability of music to lift the soul and change the perspective as not many other art forms can.  Please keep adding your moments of joy! 🥰

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Que...here is my contribution to the joy that music and dance brings.   Never Miss the Chance to Dance!

Edited by mysty
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Que...here is my contribution to the joy that music and dance brings.   Never Miss the Chance to Dance!

Love it Mysty,                                            Can't not smile watching that. That's made my day and week.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Can you convert this into a wine timer for Que?

Your wish is my command Stumble!  I did some research first so that I would not mislead anyone.  I found this site by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.  I'm surprised I was allowed to leave the page.  🤣   https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohols-effects-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/what-standard-drink

"In the United States, one "standard" drink (or one alcoholic drink equivalent) contains roughly 14 grams of pure alcohol, which is found in: 

12 ounces of regular beer, which is usually about 5% alcohol. 
5 ounces of wine, which is typically about 12% alcohol. 
1.5 ounces of distilled spirits, which is about 40% alcohol."

So my conversion for Que would be.......Have someone with you while you BBQ who drinks beer and time them.  If there is no companion beer drinker available I would suggest pouring a 15 oz glass of wine and drinking 1/3 of it for each level of doneness.   And seriously if you get to the Well Done you will have benefited from the 15 oz. (in my opinion). 😁  And of course, my math may be off (purposefully).

Edited by mysty
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, mysty said:

So my conversion for Chas would be.......Have someone with you while you BBQ who drinks beer and time them.  If there is no companion beer drinker available I would suggest pouring a 15 oz glass of wine and drinking 1/3 of it for each level of doneness.   And seriously if you get to the Well Done you will have benefited from the 15 oz. (in my opinion). 😁  And of course, my math may be off (purposefully).

And a good thing too, because your steak won't be edible (in my opinion)!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And a good thing too, because your steak won't be edible (in my opinion)!!!

I had to correct my post because I said the conversion was for Chas.  It was for Que as per Stumble's request.  I think both Chas and Que can handle BBQing without my help though!  🤣

• Like 2

OK, I see no reason not to put this bbq guide to work tonight, other than I'm preparing pan fried walleye (from Canada!).  Mail order goodness.  The issue I'm confronting is these cook in 10 to 12 minutes.  But it is Sunday night, so tonight's dinner timer:

🍷             Complete thawing fillets, check cruise critic, pet faithful dogs

🍷  🍷        Prepare breading assembly line, lay out side dishes, hope wife is not weary of sourdough bread, start blackeye peas and tomatoes

🍷 🍷 🍷     Play Mysty's music video again, appreciate the good people here & hope JP having a good trip, decide frying too dangerous under these circumstance, bake coated fillets at 375 for 20 minutes

Enjoy dinner and make a determined effort NOT to watch the news during dinner.

The above does not constitute a guarantee of sequence of events....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

OK, I see no reason not to put this bbq guide to work tonight, other than I'm preparing pan fried walleye (from Canada!).  Mail order goodness.  The issue I'm confronting is these cook in 10 to 12 minutes.  But it is Sunday night, so tonight's dinner timer:

🍷  🍷        Prepare breading assembly line, lay out side dishes, hope wife is not weary of sourdough bread, start blackeye peas and tomatoes

🍷 🍷 🍷     Play Mysty's music video again, appreciate the good people here & hope JP having a good trip, decide frying too dangerous under these circumstance, bake coated fillets at 375 for 20 minutes

I love your plan Que!  Enjoy your Canadian walleye and dance like no one is watching! 😁

• Like 1

PS; Our Iceland trip was canceled. So we added on to the Dawn Lisbon-FLL to Lima to FLL. Then used the rest to supplement a Moon ride London to Iceland.

We will be on the high seas for Xmas and new year. Frau’s b/d is 12/31.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Looks like 6 glasses of wine to me.  The fish won't be the only thing that's wall-eyed! 🤣

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Looks like 6 glasses of wine to me

ahh, so that's where I went wrong, now if I can just find the box of Mrs Pauls fish sticks, everything should be ok  😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mysty said:

I now recognize the handsome lad in the green jacket.   Do not know the beautiful woman in the pic.

Does the name Gloria help.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Does the name Gloria help.

Would that be the amazing Ms Estevan?  WOW!  You travel in an exalted circle!   Were you in the business?  Pardon my nosyness!

• Like 1