Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi Lois - glad you are safely home; a bit sad to be doing laundry, but hopefully not too long until your next getaway.

Looking forward to hearing more about Moon, when you are settled.  It did sound great.

Lola

So as we are slowly coming out of our Covid-19 shell, we first visited out of state family (went well) and my subsequent move was to book a US Virgin Islands visit through United at the end of next month.  Tonight I'm worried I may have jumped the gun on that.  

It sounds to me that Silversea has a handle on things thanks to Spins' and Lois' reports,  Why I thought this was a safer option is no longer clear to me.

Perhaps another glass of wine shall clarify my thinking...🍷

Edited by QueSeraSera
spelling
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

So as we are slowly coming out of our Covid-19 shell, we first visited out of state family (went well) and my subsequent move was to book a US Virgin Islands visit through United at the end of next month.  Tonight I'm worried I may have jumped the gun on that.  

It sounds to me that Silversea has a handle on things thanks to Spins' and Lois' reports,  Why I thought this was a safer option is no longer clear to me.

Perhaps another glass of wine shall clarify my thinking...🍷

Que,  it will be difficult to let go of the fear we have all lived with for way too long.   This has affected our thinking,  our risk assessment and our ability to trust.   Expecting that we will come out the other side of the pandemic as the people we were before is not reasonable.   We are all scarred and we will all recover at different speeds.  It will work out! 🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning🙂.......it is so strange waking up at home again😲......had to make breakfast too..........

Not sure I had mentioned this, but you all might recall a few months ago I got a new bed-it was back in March......well, that bed did not work well for me☹️ and thankfully it had a 120 day warranty. I just got another bed delivered yesterday. I timed it for when I got back from my cruise. This new one feels much better (after 1 night) I am hoping this will stay better for me.........it is a Serta Hybrid......the top to mid section is memory foam and the bottom area is wrapped coils. I never thought I would do well on memory foam but this feels very supportive and comfortable too. Let us hope it stays that way🙏

Que

I am so glad that we went on our cruise when we did. I had many second and third thoughts before hand( just ask Mysty), but the protocols put into place by Silversea worked well. 

To say that the current situation is fluid is an understatement. 

Preparation is key, but for sure there are so many unknowables as to make standing seem like we are on jello.

There is a plate there holding that congealed mess, so step out and wade thru it, you will get your bearings and find firm ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Que

I am so glad that we went on our cruise when we did. I had many second and third thoughts before hand( just ask Mysty), but the protocols put into place by Silversea worked well. 

Preparation is key, but for sure there are so many unknowables as to make standing seem like we are on jello.

There is a plate there holding that congealed mess, so step out and wade thru it, you will get your bearings and find firm ground. 

Spinnaker2, or would you mind if I call you spin? Friends have just moved from their Seabourn cruise to the Silver Moon cruise. I must admit I was concerned how they felt about greater restrictions on Silversea.

Their comment today was that both Seabourn and Silversea are trying to ensure the cruising experience is exceptional, coupled with the fact of reduced passengers. They have had a wonderful time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spinnaker2 said:

Que

Well said Spins!  The analogy to standing on jello is perfect! 🥰

• Like 1

Stumbles isn't snarky.

I'm not sure I could specifically describe what I had for lunch today.  Uh, some salad from Publix and leftover chicken.  Wouldn't hold a candle to what I saw the women post from their cruises. 

I already booked this USVI thing.

So glad R Lois and Spins had a good time!

Love the cooler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1