Jump to content

Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five


CCHelp
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, mysty said:

 

 

drron, please feel free to use whatever I post.  😄  It is just recycling and recycling is good and saves the planet!

 

rojaan, I don't think I said spank him.  It was more like "thank him".  But maybe I was lisping!  🤣

 

I needed to be able to post a like and a laugh at the same time😂.

 

Rojaan I love your naughty sense of humour.

Edited by frantic36
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now for something completely different.  A little something I wrote years ago. 

 

Mystress of Rhyme

 

In a land of mystery
Cradled in the mists of time
Lived the Queen of Poetry
Mystress of the Land of Rhyme.

 

On this vast uncharted isle
Beyond the ken of men
Mystress reigned in solitude
Wielding her poet’s pen.

 

Long had this monarch reigned here
Indulging her ancient art
Her love of words and rhyming
Fueled her creative heart.

 

This isle of lush and verdant verse
Crafted solely by her hand
Was changed forever in a trice
As strange words swept o’er her land.

 

For though no man had tread here
Nor knew of this mythic site
One bard’s words had trespassed
Dancing on the edge of night.

 

Carried on the winds of chance
This stowaway verse took flight
Escaping from the realm of men
It wafted through failing light.

 

Never before had Mystress heard
Such exotic and seductive rhyme
Whence had come this magic piece
Bridging space and breeching time?

 

Curiosity once piqued
Her fascination grew
Mystress paced her turret room
What was she to do?

 

Conflict dogged her every step
Indecision danced along
Which would be the right approach
And which would be the wrong?

 

Mystress felt a desperate need
To track this errant verse
No matter the realms she’d span
Nor the miles she would traverse.

 

Standing before her portal mirror
She repeated the alien rhyme
The glass began to shimmer
As it opened the door of time.

 

Soon the image settled
To display a cozy den
And seated there in comfort
The bard of the realm of men.

 

Mystress stepped up to the glass
And sashayed her way through
The awestruck bard reacted
With a shocked “Zooks! Who are you?”

 

The good lady smiled her greeting
“I’m Mystress of the Land of Rhyme.
An enticing verse flowing from your pen
Carried me across miles and time.”

 

“By what name are you known, good sir?
And whence comes your wondrous skill?
I have not heard the like afore
Kindly enlighten me if you will.”

 

“I am William Shakespeare,
Bard of Avon at your pleasure
Would you care to bide awhile
As you merrily take my measure?”

 

Mystress grinned at his charming wit
As she graciously took her seat
“I am so glad I chanced the trip
And so pleased that we got to meet.”

 

Thus did these two pass the night
Sharing verse and admiration
Giddy with new-found friendship
Teased by innocent flirtation.

 

And as the rosy dawn broke through
The smitten pair embraced
With songs of poets on their lips
They bade farewell in haste.

 

Mystress then retraced her steps
Returning to her mythic isle
And the Bard went back to work
Lips curved in a cryptic smile.

 

The wonder of their magic tryst
Lives forever in their rhyme
Two poets sharing secrets
Shrouded ever in the mists of time.
 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mysty said:

And now for something completely different.  A little something I wrote years ago. 

 

Mystress of Rhyme

 

In a land of mystery
Cradled in the mists of time
Lived the Queen of Poetry
Mystress of the Land of Rhyme.

 

On this vast uncharted isle
Beyond the ken of men
Mystress reigned in solitude
Wielding her poet’s pen.

 

Long had this monarch reigned here
Indulging her ancient art
Her love of words and rhyming
Fueled her creative heart.

 

This isle of lush and verdant verse
Crafted solely by her hand
Was changed forever in a trice
As strange words swept o’er her land.

 

For though no man had tread here
Nor knew of this mythic site
One bard’s words had trespassed
Dancing on the edge of night.

 

Carried on the winds of chance
This stowaway verse took flight
Escaping from the realm of men
It wafted through failing light.

 

Never before had Mystress heard
Such exotic and seductive rhyme
Whence had come this magic piece
Bridging space and breeching time?

 

Curiosity once piqued
Her fascination grew
Mystress paced her turret room
What was she to do?

 

Conflict dogged her every step
Indecision danced along
Which would be the right approach
And which would be the wrong?

 

Mystress felt a desperate need
To track this errant verse
No matter the realms she’d span
Nor the miles she would traverse.

 

Standing before her portal mirror
She repeated the alien rhyme
The glass began to shimmer
As it opened the door of time.

 

Soon the image settled
To display a cozy den
And seated there in comfort
The bard of the realm of men.

 

Mystress stepped up to the glass
And sashayed her way through
The awestruck bard reacted
With a shocked “Zooks! Who are you?”

 

The good lady smiled her greeting
“I’m Mystress of the Land of Rhyme.
An enticing verse flowing from your pen
Carried me across miles and time.”

 

“By what name are you known, good sir?
And whence comes your wondrous skill?
I have not heard the like afore
Kindly enlighten me if you will.”

 

“I am William Shakespeare,
Bard of Avon at your pleasure
Would you care to bide awhile
As you merrily take my measure?”

 

Mystress grinned at his charming wit
As she graciously took her seat
“I am so glad I chanced the trip
And so pleased that we got to meet.”

 

Thus did these two pass the night
Sharing verse and admiration
Giddy with new-found friendship
Teased by innocent flirtation.

 

And as the rosy dawn broke through
The smitten pair embraced
With songs of poets on their lips
They bade farewell in haste.

 

Mystress then retraced her steps
Returning to her mythic isle
And the Bard went back to work
Lips curved in a cryptic smile.

 

The wonder of their magic tryst
Lives forever in their rhyme
Two poets sharing secrets
Shrouded ever in the mists of time.
 

On which page of your book of sonnets is this treasure found?

Was this published before you had children?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

On which page of your book of sonnets is this treasure found?

Was this published before you had children?

 

Oh you dear sweet man!  This has never been "published".  I used to belong to a poetry site that is now defunct.  This was written in 2010.  Children were in their early 30s.  I'm humbled that you consider it a treasure!  Thank you!

Edited by mysty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today I decided to try some recipes using Guiness. It snowed last night and was icy out this morning so I could not take my hike until this afternoon waiting for it to melt. What to do? Try a new recipe sounds like a good plan.

I browned my beef along with the other ingredients and let it simmer all day in the crockpot. I then put the mixture into individual pie plates and topped with a yummy crust. Into the oven to let it brown nicely and here is a pic of my finished Guiness beef pie. I served it with a fresh salad and cold glass of Guiness, of course.

D6192850-1D30-4048-8243-FD67A132BD47_1_201_a.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Today I decided to try some recipes using Guiness. It snowed last night and was icy out this morning so I could not take my hike until this afternoon waiting for it to melt. What to do? Try a new recipe sounds like a good plan.

I browned my beef along with the other ingredients and let it simmer all day in the crockpot. I then put the mixture into individual pie plates and topped with a yummy crust. Into the oven to let it brown nicely and here is a pic of my finished Guiness beef pie. I served it with a fresh salad and cold glass of Guiness, of course.

D6192850-1D30-4048-8243-FD67A132BD47_1_201_a.jpeg

 

I can taste that.  Lovely crust and the Vin du Dublin with onions and beef has taken my attention away from Tony Soprano.  

 

I think you may be an earth-person who is hiding her culinary talents with faux modesty under a bushel.

 

What is a bushel?

 

🙂

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

 

I can taste that.  Lovely crust and the Vin du Dublin with onions and beef has taken my attention away from Tony Soprano.  

 

I think you may be an earth-person who is hiding her culinary talents with faux modesty under a bushel.

 

What is a bushel?

 

🙂

A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Next time you’re feeling down remember life is all about perspective.

 

I have a friend who has sex 2-3 times a day, exercises twice a day, reads two books a week yet every day he complains about how much he hates prison.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An Aphorism is a statement of truth, or opinion, expressed in a concise and witty manner.

 

        I find it ironic that the colors red, white and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.  

        When wearing a bikini women reveal 90% of their  bodies   .  Men are so polite they only look at the covered parts. 

        Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y?  

        You know that tingly little feeling you get when you love someone? That's common sense leaving your body.  

        My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We'll see about that!  

        I think my neighbor is stalking me as she's been Googling my name on her computer. I saw it through my telescope last night.  

        Money talks ... but all mine ever says is good-bye.  

        You're not fat, you're just easier to see.  

        If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.         

        I can’t understand why women are OK that JC Penney has an older women’s clothing line named,  "Sag Harbor"  

        The location of your mailbox shows you how far away from your house you can go in a robe before you start looking like a mental patient.  

        Money can’t buy happiness, but it keeps the kids in touch.  

        The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married.  Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, & he was a drunk.  

Does all this make you feel better about aphorisms?

 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

Still having trouble trouble posting on this darn site.  What with having to frequently having to log out and in!!!

 

Yes I am having the same issue.   It's beginning to feel like a penance for my semi-frequent ambles to the dark side.  😉

Edited by mysty
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com Jan '22
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...