Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

taken from my wife's FB post, this handsome guy hanging out by the pool

May be an image of outdoors

QSS, you've really let your hair down! Glad to see you're enjoying yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JP,

Will there be a continuation of your New Mexico trip?  My daughter is moving to El Paso, TX and we're exploring things to do in the area.  You and Chris do such interesting trips that I'd like to hear the end of this one.  Thank you.  Laura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caradara said:

JP,

Will there be a continuation of your New Mexico trip?  My daughter is moving to El Paso, TX and we're exploring things to do in the area.  You and Chris do such interesting trips that I'd like to hear the end of this one.  Thank you.  Laura

There are 2 more days to post about. And the places we visited were closer to El Paso so they should be easy for you to reach from there. Will try to get them done soon. 

• Like 2

I was going through some old paper records from 10 years ago, and found this.  We were building a house for a guy (Hal) who had a lot of Apple stock that was down, and wanted to cheer him up.  Here's the note:

I called in a favor from Carl Icahn to happy Hal up a bit.  A few years back I sat down next to him at the bar at Wei Tu Lo’s Sushi Shoppe in Nantucket.  We talked, I bought him a Singapore Sling, we exchanged cell phone numbers.  Following is transcript of a phone call I had with him earlier this week.

“Carl here.”

“Carl, my main man, this is GA.”

“GA – been too long, dude.  What can I do for you?”

“Well, I have a friend, who is in a rough patch, and wanted to do something to happy him up a bit.”

“Yeah, so where do I come in?”

“Well, this fellow is deep into Apple country.  I wondered if you could, you know, say something positive, make a feint.”

“I do look in my rearview mirror for the SEC, you know.”

“Sure, but we’re building a house for this fellow, and we’re about to hit him with a pretty stiff change order for mink toilet seats.”

“I’m not sure even I could afford those!  But, hey – what are friends for?  Happy to help!”

“Carl, I don’t care what Bernanke says, you’re an OK guy.  Oh, and Carl?  One more question?”

“Shoot.”

“Remember those mink toilet seats you sent me last Christmas?”

“Neiman Marcus’s finest.  I had to go short on gold just to balance the check book.”

“Well, if I sold them to someone, that wouldn’t really be regifting, would it?”

“Of course not.”

“Great, wonderful.  Listen, next time I see you – the California Rolls are on me.  I’ll even throw in the SF Chronicle.”

“Love those California Rolls.  Excuse me – got to take a call [Sell it, sell it – I don’t care what happens to the damn kittens!]”

“Carl, you sound busy, so I’ll let you go.  I owe you, big time.”

“Sure, anytime, baby.  Ciao!”

(Dial tone)