Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

57 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Mysty - send some here!

The view from my office this morning...

20220225_080704.thumb.jpg.76a85aab70bd20dbb336b311f0978801.jpg

Just getting started. Looking forward to another 7-8 hours of this snow. Will be an ugly ride home this afternoon. 

JP, I'll round up any loose kids and send them your way.  Might have some difficulty finding them as we have the same storm here! 😅

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Mysty - send some here!

The view from my office this morning...

20220225_080704.thumb.jpg.76a85aab70bd20dbb336b311f0978801.jpg

Just getting started. Looking forward to another 7-8 hours of this snow. Will be an ugly ride home this afternoon. 

JP, 

We started with 6 inches, next day we had 19 inches in 24 hours (up to my knees) and then more the next day. Drowning in this beautiful, white fluffy stuff. 😉

However, our snow melt (no kids) and the costs to melt it will be outrageous. 😞

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

It’s heartbreaking JP, my ex is from Sevastopol and my teenage nieces are riddled with tumours. Putin now seems totally deranged and maybe needs a taste of his own “medicine”.

You have my sympathy and support. My family background is Polish so we know the issues with the USSR and don't want Putin to become emboldened. Hopefully if the sanctions hit those in his inner circle hard enough they will intervene and pull support from Putin to make him stop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

It’s heartbreaking JP, my ex is from Sevastopol and my teenage nieces are riddled with tumours. Putin now seems totally deranged and maybe needs a taste of his own “medicine”.

We're pretty torn up about it. We were in Kyiv less than 3 years ago and to imagine what is going on now is just heartbreaking. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We're pretty torn up about it. We were in Kyiv less than 3 years ago and to imagine what is going on now is just heartbreaking. 

JP,

My thoughts are with you and Chris during these tragic times. And I'm not referring to the latest snowstorm.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Hi JP, I have never visited that area of the world but it definitely looks heartbreaking.........when I see the families inside the subway it reminds me of  WWII and the bomb shelters in Europe. It is just all so very sad and  shows what kind of maniac is doing this😟

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I had forgotten that Chris had family ties in Ukraine and had visited recently. Hoping some sanity prevails and that the people in Ukraine don't have to suffer much longer and the invasion ends.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@Daveywavey70 just to prevent any complaints about censorship here, the problem isn't your FP post [foreign politics], it's your mention of a similarly initialed website...

Many thanks Host JB. I believe it’s about my time to withdraw from SM. It’s all got a little ridiculous now. Ive never really been one to hold my tongue but if I’m going to be censored to such an extent by one site  then I’m done with both of them. It’s been nice knowing you all but I’m done. Feel free to carry on chatting about when, where and why you need to wear a tux but heaven forbid anyone that suggests that a cruise line takes a stand against a  country invading another country and killing god knows how many souls. Good luck to you all. Over and out.

5 hours ago, JohnGinPBG said:

Davey,

I've missed the lead up to your post, but I appreciate you taking a stand against tyranny. For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed your superb videos and erudite comments. I hope to meet you someday on the high seas.

Thank you JohnGin, I hope to meet you too some day . It all kicked off in the other place. Posts were removed by admin because I requested that SS take a stand rather than roll out the usual “monitoring the situation” line. I Had a heartfelt conversation with the mod on PM. Numerous posters complained about my first post which was removed. I agreed the rewording of my last post with the mod but again that has been removed. I Am absolutely sickened by the mentality of those who would report a post that simply requests SS take a stance against this invasion and mass murder of innocent people and I’ll just leave them to continue discussing dress codes and restaurant reservations  instead. I Feel like I need to withdraw from SM for a while before I get myself into trouble as I believe that those that want to silence people that speak out against what is going on have blood on their hands. Shame on them.

• Like 4