Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 5/27/2022 at 12:50 PM, dusababy said:

JP you need Trader Joe's latest delicacy.

Truffle Aioli.JPG

Sorry! It was a hectic weekend and I forgot to drool over this properly. It does look delicious! What have you tried it on? I'm thinking it would be amazing on hot crispy fries.

12 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Sorry! It was a hectic weekend and I forgot to drool over this properly. It does look delicious! What have you tried it on? I'm thinking it would be amazing on hot crispy fries.

Agree -- I'm planning on top of oven baked salmon steak.  Too much ???  Dip for artichokes?  And of course chicken.  Multitude of opportunities......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I didn’t think there was much chance of getting the 6 cats in the shot too so went ahead without them.

Apparently it's possible. I suspect a forgery!

Screenshot_20220531-200602_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b48001a2ab07665d4fe7b1a0edf66682.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, QueSeraSera said:

me too, they look entirely too ok to have been herded (inquisitive yes, annoyed maybe, unhappy no, IMO)

Ok hands up. Gentleman Harvey on the right 13yo  (thinking you really want me to stand here with these two and look pleased about it? reprobate Juneau in the middle stopped for a brief pause of his 237 galloping laps of the gallery and multiple ups and downs of the stairs to take in a 3 second puff break and the unbelievably tranquil pup that went with the flow  and smiled when asked). I just love how this pic captures all their personalities in a single frame. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Ok hands up. Gentleman Harvey on the right 13yo  (thinking you really want me to stand here with these two and look pleased about it? reprobate Juneau in the middle stopped for a brief pause of his 237 galloping laps of the gallery and multiple ups and downs of the stairs to take in a 3 second puff break and the unbelievably tranquil pup that went with the flow  and smiled when asked). I just love how this pic captures all their personalities in a single frame. 

My daughter's chocolate lab calls that the Zoomies. They go nuts periodically. Juneau sounds similar.:)

Does Zoomies mean dogs are happy?

Zoomies have to do with a dog's personality, some are more enthusiastic, and some are docile. In general, age, breed type, and personality will play a part in if your dog gets the zoomies. Is it important to let your dog have their "zoomies"? Yes, the zoomies are a sign of being happy.
Edited by TrulyBlonde
added
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

My daughter's chocolate lab calls that the Zoomies. They go nuts periodically. Juneau sounds similar.:)

Does Zoomies mean dogs are happy?

Zoomies have to do with a dog's personality, some are more enthusiastic, and some are docile. In general, age, breed type, and personality will play a part in if your dog gets the zoomies. Is it important to let your dog have their "zoomies"? Yes, the zoomies are a sign of being happy.

His Mum had 43 field championships and his dad 46 so he was very much intend to be a worker. He never walks anywhere he runs, purely because he can. If something is in his way he goes over it,  not around. His tail ticks at 300bpm. If he gets told off his world has ended. On the stroke of midnight he lets out a sigh and capsizes. He is the most Spaniely Spaniel I’ve ever known. 

• Like 5

I have had human children and grandchildren with these various characteristics,  too,  Dw.   I totally recognise the personalities.  The pup type is easiest to bring up!

They are all lovely, though  (both your dogs and my family).

Lola

• Like 2

Was excited to get a shipment of Halibut a d King Salmon today. Thawed some Halibut and made.it with a simple pan sauce.

Wine, stock, scallions, and sour cream. Finished with fresh herbs. I chose parsley, chives, and tarragon. Delish!

20220601_181634.thumb.jpg.4286c0b84374274457783643105f9cb6.jpg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Zoomies have to do with a dog's personality

Agreed.

Thought I understood our 2 dogs zoomies and delighted in them.  After a walk, unleash them, and watch as they ran up to the front door to be let in.

But then yesterday, Grover the chihuahua - jack-Russell mix, just took off, a mere 20 steps from the front door.  Zooming across one neighbor's yard after another.  Took wife & I at least15 minutes to bring him home.  Love their zoomies, but ....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Agreed.

Thought I understood our 2 dogs zoomies and delighted in them.  After a walk, unleash them, and watch as they ran up to the front door to be let in.

But then yesterday, Grover the chihuahua - jack-Russell mix, just took off, a mere 20 steps from the front door.  Zooming across one neighbor's yard after another.  Took wife & I at least15 minutes to bring him home.  Love their zoomies, but ....

Luckily we aren't at that stage yet QSS! Zoomies are a frequent occurrence with the 3 year old being terrified and jumping onto Dads lap. I Do keep reminding him that 3 years ago he was doing exactly the same to Harvey, especially the part when the pups needle teeth get the death clamp on the Spaniels ears to hitch a lift. Short memory. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:19 PM, mysty said:

Que, we're on a cruise until June 28. 😁

So Mysty, we're all glad you're having a great time on this cruise.  But I just wanted to say that this place [the water cooler] just ain't the same without you!  💌

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So Mysty, we're all glad you're having a great time on this cruise.  But I just wanted to say that this place [the water cooler] just ain't the same without you!  💌

Thanks for your kind words Jazz!  The Cooler is doing just fine without me though.  🥰  This is a group of wonderful, caring folks!

• Like 2