Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Thanks Dave ....... and you enjoy your trip!  You might even see that famous dog who use to find his way into almost every news report!  Do you remember him?

Hoping for some sun tomorrow as I have a couple of dozen fresh oysters to shuck and some Bredon champers to be drunk ... hopefully on a sunny  balcony. 

Thinking of you on your adventure on Sunday.  Safe travels.  🙂

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Have a great time  at seaside Jeff.

Mini holiday all booked today. Flying to Athens Sunday, staying at the Royal Olympic in an Athenian Panoramic so a nice view of the Acropolis and then off to the ship on Monday morning. 4 nights around the Aegean ( 6 ports of call) then the day in Athens on Friday and a late evening flight home. Going carry on only for the first time ever so wish me luck with narrowing the shoes down 😔, I usually take at least 10 pairs. Time to pack! 

Ohhh...this sounds like a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!:classic_biggrin:…………...hope you have a wonderful time. I want to go to Greece again!

Hi Coolers, I fly out on Tuesday. :classic_smile: Tomorrow I need to run some errands and pack.  I am going to be gone for 12 nights and shoes are never an issue for me.  I can usually bring 4/5 pairs and be AOK. I want to get the packing done this weekend so I don't have to do it after work on Monday.

I went out to dinner tonight and had some delicious Mahi with a salad and sweet potato. Yum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

I remember now 😀

Best pack me gravy bones. Only hoping that whilst soaking in my marble jacuzzi in Athens 42 hours from now I can manage to get episode 2 of Line of Duty on iPlayer! Failing that i’ll Have to go and have dinner on some lousy rooftop restaurant in the shadow of some dilapidated old ruins. Tough choices.

Greetings Coolers!

Internet has been a real challenge for the last while.  It's better today than it has been.

Enjoy Seaside J!  Don't lose any digits in the shucking chore!  🙂

Have an awesome trip DW and Lois!

Have a great day/evening all!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I remember now 😀

Best pack me gravy bones. Only hoping that whilst soaking in my marble jacuzzi in Athens 42 hours from now I can manage to get episode 2 of Line of Duty on iPlayer! Failing that i’ll Have to go and have dinner on some lousy rooftop restaurant in the shadow of some dilapidated old ruins. Tough choices.

What some people will do to avoid more Brexit ..... we might be out by the time you return! :)

I'm so glad that I put your bread info in favorites, I have the bread flour sitting on my counter--for weeks now--but just haven't had time or energy to get going. My knee finally gave up, Terry in Ohio--did you have total knee replacement?  I have a torn meniscus and hoping for a different procedure. I will see an ortho person on Tues to see what they say. We leave for Brussels on Apr 18 for a tulips & windmills river cruise and sure hope I can walk and take a lot of photos.

• Thanks 1

Greetings Coolers!  I'm back from a great SS cruise, and a hellacious week at work, but it's Saturday, the sun is shining, the laundry is almost done, and the 2 inches of snow that came down yesterday is starting to disappear.   I just finished all my posts, and reading all the fun I missed.   

Jeff, sorry I didn't come to the bar sooner, trying to cut back after vacation 😏  I think its the only time I have more than 1 drink a week!   This is also, officially the first cruise where I gained weight .... not much, but it's there.   

Hope my long lost cousin JP isn't working too hard this weekend, it's starting to get sunny.   

Safe travels Lois, enjoy NYC and Azamara (interested to hear what you think).

Davey .... Greece, yay!   That was my first cruise, and our honeymoon ... Sunset toast in Santorini, I highly recommend it.  We also did a nice tour south of town, there was a winery with great bits, and then got to see the ruins of Akrotiri.   I loved seeing all the little donkeys, but they were really stinky.  I don't remember my grandfather's being that smelly, she certainly was more bite-y though.

Silki, sorry to hear about the knee, I have an appointment on the 16th to have them check mine, I suspect it's the same issue.   I tried the "ignore it, it'll go away" since December, alas, I was wrong.  

Hope everyone has a great day!  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Lois R said:

I fly out on Tuesday. :classic_smile: Tomorrow I need to run some errands and pack.  I am going to be gone for 12 nights and shoes are never an issue for me.  I can usually bring 4/5 pairs and be AOK. I want to get the packing done this weekend so I don't have to do it after work on Monday.

Good luck with your preparation work this weekend and your traveling on Tuesday.  Be sure to keep us posted as you travel and the highlights for what you see and do. This includes for this cruise line, how they compare, etc.  

Jeff's seafood and bread look very excellent and highly tasty!!  Yes, as noted by Jan that it's Saturday and the sun has been shining nicely here in the Midwest.  Out of on the porch and enjoying the Spring weather.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,783 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Spring is getting very closer here in the Midwest.  Maybe, even having arrived!!??  Today was sunny, mostly, and fairly decent from a temperature standpoint.  Tomorrow/Sunday, it will be a high of 70F or 21C.  Flowers are starting to come up.  Below as shown below are some visuals to prove it!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 45,494 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Here is a just a small, early sampling of the Spring flowers at our home this afternoon.  Glad to be done with winter, snow, cold, etc.!!  More floral delights to come soon!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1402032852_CMA_14215.thumb.jpg.35c75a4bfdd120e08b13e1f6a30cbdf3.jpg

828499255_CMA_14313.thumb.jpg.a26827e80be67c54e3db15944be88aaf.jpg

1880162742_CMA_14254.thumb.jpg.c0d4024c1f80053839579124e6dd229c.jpg

1967126660_CMA_14322.thumb.jpg.5c14236d8a6b5afb208af7367fcd0f21.jpg

985315502_CMA_14331.thumb.jpg.24907c886ece8c76bc3904b49e7ab9ce.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Terry, lovely flowers.:classic_smile:

Well, I got no packing done today...that will be tomorrow for sure.  My standard thing on Sunday mornings is laundry....(fun, not)

so will do that and then pack.  I have everything I am taking but need to decide if anything is not coming with me. Weather in NY is supposed to be COOL...….long sleeves, jacket...….especially on sail day. I looked at Charleston over a 10 day span...….much warmer. So I am going to have to pack some lighter things too.  It will all work out fine:classic_smile:

Same boat here Lois. Finished work@ 2.30am, came home and started packing. OH astounded that I got it all in a carry on including the drone and full kit. Very proud of myself only 5 pairs of shoes coming with me. Off to Bobo’s now. Happy travels Lois. Night all. 

• Like 1

Hi JP,:classic_biggrin: I thought I was a good packer but no way I could just do 1 pair of shoes....,my shoes for the evening are not good for daytime walking.:classic_ohmy:

Terry - nice flower photos (makes a change from food).  In our garden we have quite a rare plant for the UK but quite common I think in the US.  It's called a trillium.  This particular plant, which is a large clump, originated in my wife's uncle's garden in Scotland and has now survived three changes of location.

DSC_0003.jpg

• Like 1

Well Lamb shank tonight with a view of the Parthenon and temple of Zeus.

Lovely hotel. Metaxa before bed and an early start! Amazing room.

Not everything rosy though, I’m So annoyed that iPlayer is denying me episode 2 of line of duty! 

8C7CA803-CEE3-4BF7-A424-549F89D7290E.jpeg

FC0146AD-2886-4518-8474-C2C32159394D.jpeg

Edited by Daveywavey70
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Terry - nice flower photos (makes a change from food).  In our garden we have quite a rare plant for the UK but quite common I think in the US.  It's called a trillium.  This particular plant, which is a large clump, originated in my wife's uncle's garden in Scotland and has now survived three changes of location.

DSC_0003.jpg

Pretty picture! We see them in catalogs all the time but haven't planted any yet. May have to now.

We are quite a few weeks behind. The crocuses aren't even blooning yet. Narcissus are coming up and the hyacinths are just peeking up out of the ground. Seems like a late spring.