Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Dave, good to hear you are having an educational time.  

Your post set wifey and I thinking of our Corporate move to a village in East Angular to look after and harvest our mainframe base.   A lad sent to learn about sugar beat, diesel engines,  pharmaceuticals, decorating products, supermarket point of sale,  etc etc and their IBM 370 selling possibilities

I immersed myself into village life as mandated  by The Center, and found myself in the local Conservatives Association.  With my background in the entertainment business I was quickly given the job of  organising a village fund-raising do to help support our new MP who we lovingly  referred to as “Mild, mannered Colin” ie John  and Norma. If anyone had ever suggested in those days that John would eventually move on to become Prime Minister they would have been met with hoots of derision.  Anyway. Strange things seem to happen on our small isolated island. 

In mitigation I will say that I asked clearly  what I should wear  for these do’s and perhaps to ensure my attendance I was told “oh don’t worry, come as, you are”.   So I did.  Black polo neck and jeans.  When I arrived everyone else was gold lame’d up and suited and booted and bemedaled. To give a feel  for things, when I was in the reception area waiting for the boss to decant from the loo everyone thought I was door control and I gave up protesting and simply took the tickkets offered to me and tore them and handed them back.  

John was now a regular visitor to  our kitchen as the village Conservative to discuss “events” and Norma in perhaps a misplaced sense of duty at the Do asked for a duty dance.  Just as she did, the immortal first and unforgotten notes of “The Birdie Dance`” came through the speakers and it was at this point that my name was entered into village legend when I said to aforementioned Norma, “Norma, I am prepared,to,sacrifice many things for the sake of `the Party, but The Birdie Dance is not amongst them”.  And so Norma was deprived off her one opportunity to flap her wings on the dance floor with yours truly. We both I feel gained. 

Anyway, today was messy crispy duck and Bredon champers @seaside. 

3FAE5329-5A40-42A6-A309-CD1681EDBFEB.jpeg

57F61648-CDAD-480C-904C-973DC944060F.jpeg

• Like 1

Chuckles Jeff. Mores peas dear? Crispy duck is my all time fave.

yeah on my own TTS, OH looking after the 6 cats and 2 dogs!

well had a lovely morning in Lindos visiting the Acropolis and then on to Rhodes Town, sharpened me elbows for the buffet lunch and then back to the town for a meander. Very pleased we’ve been the only ship in port each time. Great time of year to see Greece if you don’t mind the weather. I tend to react to the sun in a similar way to a vampire so no great loss. Very lucky today was sunny in Lindos and started raining as we got on the coach to return. Cats and dogs. All stopped and sun came out 5 mins before we arrived in Rhodes.

MSC in port tomorrow with us (Heraklion) tomorrow am but no other ships in Santorini tomorrow evening. 

Shipmates not improving. A few nice ones but most respond to a cheery good morning with a face like bulldog chewing a wasp.

Makes me smile even harder at them. 

Still astonished at my astonishment at peoples lack of respect in churches etc. One rather Rubenesque lady that should have oiled the doorframe before trying to get into the church most indignant that there was a service going on and she was asked to wait 5 mins. Got even worse when asked to take her hood down. She got a sharp tut and one of my looks.

Seem incapable of loading pics again today. Will try again later.

Dave, it’s good to see you keeping up British standards.  Hope that Old Spice wasn’t splashing it all over!

Today we received a note through the door ( 😉 ) 

..... and in contemplation of our extended trauma we had a Ruby Murray and a double Rioja this evening ....

92CF9E84-071C-4B54-9114-BC6380D1D039.png

5A01898F-1522-4AC5-9D22-F655AB885394.jpeg

8F0BE5EE-7A36-46FB-A049-0A5C67DA49D6.jpeg

• Like 3

Well our first truly beautiful day. My summary of Heraklion is quite brief. I can’t be frank but I can describe it with the use of two hyphenated compound words, the former referring to food recently processed by the human digestive system and the latter a receptacle in the ground. 

Off we sail to Santorini.

A shame about Heraklion. The outlying countryside in Crete is beautiful and we had a great day there years back. We rented a junk car at the port, with the gas gauge below empty, from a random woman with lots of gold teeth. Once we got it to a gas station we were good to go for the day. The city itself was OK; though it wasn't much to write home about, I don't remember it being as bad as you describe. 

Good Afternoon all ....

Dave good to see you are mucking in with the rest of them!  We're now back in civilisation up the A303 in and in cultured Hampshire.  Why is it traffdic has to grind to a halt whenever we pass Stonehenge ....... I wish they'd move them out of sight of the A303!  😞

Dave you're clearly missing all the stuff going on here and Our Nigel has launched the new party today and gave a decent speach.  Linked in case you may have missed it ...... get your wallet out ..... 🙂

Thanks Jeff, I’ll watch it in the morning. I Donated before I went away tbh. 

Anyway back to terra firma. 

All in all a pretty good trip. Ups and downs. Good and bad. 

huge highlight was Santorini. Definitely be going back. Anyway long day and late here. 

‘Night all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Thanks Jeff, I’ll watch it in the morning. I Donated before I went away tbh. 

Anyway back to terra firma. 

All in all a pretty good trip. Ups and downs. Good and bad. 

huge highlight was Santorini. Definitely be going back. Anyway long day and late here. 

‘Night all.

Welcome Back ....

Some light entertainment ....

On 4/8/2019 at 8:28 AM, jpalbny said:

Made pizza on the grill yesterday. 

20190407_163023.thumb.jpg.548c894ad706908be9d967896da4f305.jpg

A great looking pie JP!  I have a similar setup (stone on grates) as you, so my question is are you able to get the cheese to properly melt into a gooey mess by placing the pepperoni on top, instead of under, the cheese?  

We like a lightly browned cheese top on our pies and I have yet been able to achieve on the grill what comes so easily in the oven without burning the bottom of the crust on the grill.

Edited by Stumblefoot

Hi friends, just want to say hello from Charleston........had to go into town to see the Masters as the "ship lost the Satellite" for 2 full days.........they showed it on Thursday and Friday and then bam, no golf in the most important rounds.

Thankfully there are a zillion restaurants/bars within walking distance so I spent my time there eating/drinking/watching the golf...........Tiger WON:classic_biggrin:

Oh, Azamara is ok.........but I like SS much better.