RMS Olympic

Mamma Mia June 29, 2019

anyone else going? Got my cabin booked, purchased my air....now to wait on Star Clippers to-offer a pre cruise hotel in Athens. Very excited to get back on the Flyer. Small ship, small islands and all that cobalt blue water!

We are booked as well, mchael & peter from Germany. My second time on Star clipper Cruises, Peter‘ first. Looking forward to Mamma Mia - the original movie‘s islands Skopelos and Skiathos.

Greetings Michael and Peter! I look forward to meeting you onboard. This should be a wonderful cruise....I’m wondering if Star Clipperswill playup the movie during the cruise...such as music or crew entertainment. Regardless I think thissailing will be a lot of fun.

Tom

Hi Tom. I am expecting no less than a full version of Mamma Mia the musical, live and in full. Performed by the wonderful crew. They have a year (!!) to prepare the costumes and the singing...

Just joking. I do not expect anything out of the ordinary. I think the two ports Skiathos and Skopelos will be the only reference to Mamma Mia. If we are lucky, then they manage to get a special excursion together, one that shows where it was filmed. But would not even count on that and I am not disappointed if there is no Mamma Mia special activity at all. I am sure though we can pop in an ABBA Gold CD @ the piano bar, whenever the “ band” is on their break ;)

Either way, I am sure it’s gonna be a great trip !

I totally agree with your thoughts. I am truly excited about seeing these northern Greek Islands, the Portin Turkey I need to research. The ship itself is very much to my liking, so all I need is a glass of wine and I’ll be happy. I purchased my air to Athens, flying in the day before the cruise so now all I have to do is wait on Star Clippers to offer their hotel. What a great trip to look forward to

Excited....you bet. Called Star Clipper this morning and confirmed they will offer a one night pre cruise hotel. Pricing not available till January, but it will be the Electra hotel Athens. Transfers will be sold as well so all will be effortless. I looked up the hotel....they have a roof top restaurant with an Acropolis view.......will reserve a table as soon as possible. Anyone want to join me up on the Roof? 🤓🤓🤓

tom