**Need 5 rooms but won't have names till later....Problem?

So we are doing this contest at work and 4 people plus spouses will get to go on a cruise in November. We won't have their names till after the contest on Oct. 1st. Can we book without knowing names with a travel agent? The middle of September would be when final payment is due I know and we are willing to pay for the rooms now but no names....

Whatcha think? Am I going to have to wait until the contest is over and take whatever rates are happening at that time?:(:(

So we are doing this contest at work and 4 people plus spouses will get to go on a cruise in November. We won't have their names till after the contest on Oct. 1st. Can we book without knowing names with a travel agent? The middle of September would be when final payment is due I know and we are willing to pay for the rooms now but no names....

Whatcha think? Am I going to have to wait until the contest is over and take whatever rates are happening at that time?:(:(

yeah, guessing you will have to wait unless there is a TA with a group and maybe you can join that. But you cannot book a cruise without knowing at least one person's name per cabin. The 2nd can be a TBD but at least one person has to be set.

I’m pretty sure TA’s are able to buy cabins in bulk with no names. They then try and sell them and return any unsold cabins sometime before final payment. So I would assume a TA could do it, but I don’t know how the reservations would work in the meantime. I think the TA would have to hold your deposit.

Unfortunately even a TA won’t be able to help in this situation. You must have at least one name for the booking (this name must also stay on the booking). As mentioned there is is a slim chance that an agent might have group space on the particular sailing that you are looking at, but unlikely that they will “hold” space without rooms. I wish there was a way to do this for you as I would love to help! Maybe offer a “gift cert”for a certain amount to be redeemed toward a certain ship and sail date?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unfortunately even a TA won’t be able to help in this situation. You must have at least one name for the booking (this name must also stay on the booking). As mentioned there is is a slim chance that an agent might have group space on the particular sailing that you are looking at, but unlikely that they will “hold” space without rooms. I wish there was a way to do this for you as I would love to help! Maybe offer a “gift cert”for a certain amount to be redeemed toward a certain ship and sail date?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is incorrect.

Any TA will be able to set up a group. No names are required. Those cabins are held until 120 days before sailing when any unreleased cabins are recalled by Royal. No deposit is necessary to set tp a group of up to 16 cabins. The nice thing about groups is it licks in your price and once names are applied to the group the deposits are fully refundable up until 90 days prior to sailing. The downside is that suites or cabins with more than double occupancy cannot be part of the cabins that are held without deposits.

That is incorrect.

Any TA will be able to set up a group. No names are required. Those cabins are held until 120 days before sailing when any unreleased cabins are recalled by Royal. No deposit is necessary to set tp a group of up to 16 cabins. The nice thing about groups is it licks in your price and once names are applied to the group the deposits are fully refundable up until 90 days prior to sailing. The downside is that suites or cabins with more than double occupancy cannot be part of the cabins that are held without deposits.

Yes, you are correct on that and I did mention the chance of group space. The chances of group space being available for a November sailing are slim so I didn’t think of new group space as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we cruised with friends of ours, their TA lined up several rooms, not sure how many, based upon requested categories by each couple or family. The TA set up so many balconies, OV's or inside . We were given her name so we could provide ours + deposits for our rooms. We individually paid our way for our rooms so one person wasn't responsible. I think we had close to 40 including a few children. Our friends were celebrating their 50th & renewing their vows. We had a good year to do this compared to a few months for yourselves.

Yes, you are correct on that and I did mention the chance of group space. The chances of group space being available for a November sailing are slim so I didn’t think of new group space as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, my mistake, I didn’t catch the part about the sailing being this November. Actually for a November sailing group space would have been recalled by now.

Why does the cruise have to be THIS November? And why do you need 5 cabins for 4 couples = 8 people? Just curious.

... The downside is that suites or cabins with more than double occupancy cannot be part of the cabins that are held without deposits.

Ken, when you say "suites" in this context, does that include JS?

With those date requirements, maybe a cruise is not the most workable option logistically. Could your employer substitute a land vacation that would not require names so far in adavance as cruiselines? By the time you have names, there might not be five cabins left on the ship/category your employer has promised the employees as part of this incentive. There’s a chance there might not be five cabins at all.

Please check the following out with RCCL to see if it is

correct (and advise if correct or not). If doable ask by what

date prior to sailing does all changes have to be made.

Book a room with a real perso'ns name (guest#1) and the 2nd guest TBA.

When your ready to assign the rooms, change the name on

Guest #2 (TBA) to an actual occupant of the cabin. This

new person becomes one of the original cruiser and cannot be changed as guest #2 will not be an original cruiser.

Now change the original name (guest#1) to the second occupant of the cabin.

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

Yes, JS' s cannot be held in a group that's created. They can be moved into a group afterwords to get the group amenities but have to be booked at current pricing.

Is this a recent change?

Reason I ask is that I've booked onboard a couple of times and got lower pricing from my TA, because she has had group space at a lower price. Both times JS.

Please check the following out with RCCL to see if it is

correct (and advise if correct or not). If doable ask by what

date prior to sailing does all changes have to be made.

Book a room with a real perso'ns name (guest#1) and the 2nd guest TBA.

When your ready to assign the rooms, change the name on

Guest #2 (TBA) to an actual occupant of the cabin. This

new person becomes one of the original cruiser and cannot be changed as guest #2 will not be an original cruiser.

Now change the original name (guest#1) to the second occupant of the cabin.

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

I believe that the name of the guest must show as of the date created. If what you are suggesting would work then it would allow the reselling of cabins by a third party for a profit which is why one original guests name must remain on the invoice.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Why does the cruise have to be THIS November? And why do you need 5 cabins for 4 couples = 8 people? Just curious.

That's the parameters around when our CEO can take the winners. It's a small window and yes the Cruise lines have recalled the cabins already so I will just have to wait until the contest ends Oct 1 to book. Thanks everyone!!!