Cruise Critic Community
magictam

Koningsdam Standard Verandah Balcony

I will be on the Koningsdam in October. I haven’t been on Holland in over four years and I’m accustomed to having a refrigerator in my standard verandah cabin. In reading the descriptions on my cruise it doesn’t sound like there are any refrigerators in the standard verandahs but are in the Vista suites.

Just as an FYI do I have an obstructed view balcony cabin booked.

Thank you for any insight you can give me.

Yes, there is a small "refrigerator" in veranda cabins. I prefer to call them "coolers" as I don't thing they get to the 40 degrees refrigs must get to. To help it get cooler, I fill a zip lock bag with ice and store it in the refrigerator which I think that helps lower the temperature. The small refrig is located in a cabinet.

Yes, there is a small "refrigerator" in veranda cabins. I prefer to call them "coolers" as I don't thing they get to the 40 degrees refrigs must get to. To help it get cooler, I fill a zip lock bag with ice and store it in the refrigerator which I think that helps lower the temperature. The small refrig is located in a cabinet.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can prop the cabinet door open, to give the fridge air-flow, it will cool MUCH better!

If you can prop the cabinet door open, to give the fridge air-flow, it will cool MUCH better!

Excellent point. I had great success with this approach as well. Just to clarify, prop open the door of the cabinet which holds the fridge, not the fridge door itself. This allows air-flow around the fridge and the heat extracted from the fridge to be dissipated, something it can't do very with the cabinet door closed.

Good idea (y)

Also propped the door open after noticing the safe above it turned into a easy-bake -oven. Did the trick!