Explore 4 dining perk?

Lyndihop

The free Pinnacle dinner is assigned to you -- a card will be in your cabin giving you the date and time they have arranged for you.

You can talk to the Pinnacle and ask if they can change the reservation for a time and date you want. Only once we could not change as there were a lot of freebee dinners on our cruise with various promotions.

OR

You can pre book the date and time you want. Then ask the Pinnacle manager to change the one they assigned to you to the one you pre booked and tell them that you want you money refunded. The money refunded will be credited as shipboard credit.

We prefer Pinnacle to the extra tariff restaurants on Princess, Celebrity, and Cunard, hopefully Lyndihop you will as well.

I would suggest once you see that the assigned time is not to your liking to change it immediately before others do the same or passengers start making new cash reservations.

When I had the Explore 4 Free Dinner at the Pinnacle Grill, there was not a card in my cabin with my reservation when I boarded. So we made plans at our convenience. We had the meal and then found a full charge on our account. It took several meetings with the Pinnacle Grill manager and the Front Desk to get the charge reversed. I am sure, in the end, the charge was reversed because I had the copy of the paperwork that indicated the Pinnacle Grill dinner was complimentary as part of the Explore 4 package.

I highly suggest you take a copy of the print out detailing what your Explore 4 perks are, especially it you want to pre-book your complimentary dinner at the Pinnacle Grill.

I highly suggest you take a copy of the print out detailing what your Explore 4 perks are, especially it you want to pre-book your complimentary dinner at the Pinnacle Grill.

This is always good advice for any pre-arranged reservations or packages.

The free Pinnacle dinner is assigned to you

Just as a point of clarification (and I realize some will consider this as splitting hairs), but the PG dinner included with X4 is not actually 'free', because you have already paid for it in the cost of your cruise fare. A more appropriate term might be 'The included Pinnacle dinner' is assigned...'

KK - thanks for explanation. We have this E4 benefit and no particular preference for date except not when we have a 5 hr ship's tour or a rental car reserved in an after-dark embarcation port.

Hoping not to have to change but also it would be advantageous for them to book us early bc if we like it we could make a paying repeat reservation !