Deluxe Package For Only One of Three in Cabin

karen s

Sailing with my 21+ daughters in the same cabin on Liberty of the Seas over Christmas this year and wanted to purchase the Deluxe Package for just myself and the Refreshment Package for my daughters. I had heard this is possible if you call, but I was preparing for the worst.

When I initially asked for this, the CAS spelled out the new rules about how all 21+ in the same same cabin must purchase the Deluxe Package if one is and he asked why I couldn't. I quickly contemplated making up an elaborate medical/religious excuse, but thought I'd better lean toward just being honest *gasp* and then explained that my daughters just don't drink alcohol and heck, it's stretch just to buy the refreshment package for my daughters since they only drink water, tea, or coffee...he then quickly put me on hold.

So I paced my living room waiting on hold wondering if they'd actually respect this explanation or what creative reason may work out better should I have to repeat this request to another unsuspecting agent. But he then came back 10 minutes later saying that after conferring with his bosses, he would allow it.

And as bonus, I also able to take advantage of the current sale on both packages (10% of Deluxe, 30% off Refreshment), so feel a win for me.

Happy sailings all!!

Karen

Well done. I made the phone call recently, had to tell them I had purchased the refreshment package, hubby doesn't drink alcohol, I wanted to buy ultimate beverage package, listened to the rules and conditions., she wasn't going to let me......asked to be transferred to C&A. That was the trigger...of course I was able to buy just for me.

I think it pays to be honest.

I have done the same today on our upcoming cruise on the Navigator. My diabetic wife doesnt drink, I explained this in a call to Customer Service and I was allowed to purchase a de luxe for me and a refreshment for the wife and at a discount and the overall prices have just dropped in the last few days :D.

Paul