Carnival Vista or Carnival Freedom?

obxMom13

We are in the process of planning my son's graduation cruise. We will have our 12 year old daughter, 18 year old son, and his friend. Since this cruise is all about the kids, which ship will have more to do? We took the Freedom 2 months ago with no kids and we loved it but I'm worried it won't have as much to do.

Anyone been on both? Pros and cons? TIA!

I also love Freedom, but for our upcoming family cruise, we are sailing Vista. I think my adult kids will enjoy the ropes course & sky cycle. I really would have preferred they didn't take Breeze away from Galveston.

I also love Freedom, but for our upcoming family cruise, we are sailing Vista. I think my adult kids will enjoy the ropes course & sky cycle. I really would have preferred they didn't take Breeze away from Galveston.

Loved the Breeze . Sailed on three times . Agree that the Vista may be a better choice for adult kids

Vista would likely be a better choice for kids because of the outdoor activities previously mentioned, along with other options like the IMAX and Thrill theaters.

If it was for adults only, I would recommend Freedom. In my opinion the design and layout of Conquest class ships is superior to the Vista class ships. However, I would still sail on Vista or Horizon. I have never been on a Carnival ship that I wouldn't go on again.

We are in the process of planning my son's graduation cruise. We will have our 12 year old daughter, 18 year old son, and his friend. Since this cruise is all about the kids, which ship will have more to do? We took the Freedom 2 months ago with no kids and we loved it but I'm worried it won't have as much to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on both. I didn't find any real problems with either ship. Both have a LOT of things to do, great food. One thing about Vista, when we sailed on her she was fully booked, but so BIG that did not seem crowded at all. If I HAD to give a nod to one over the other, I would say Vista. But both are great.

I have been on both. I didn't find any real problems with either ship. Both have a LOT of things to do, great food. One thing about Vista, when we sailed on her she was fully booked, but so BIG that did not seem crowded at all. If I HAD to give a nod to one over the other, I would say Vista. But both are great.

Glad to hear it. I've been on the Breeze and am booked on the Vista (in 49 days I might add). I've been a bit concerned after reading some reviews.

For kids, pick Vista! :DThere's more to do on top of the ship(sky ride, etc), and more to do inside the ship(imax/thrill theaters, etc.)

Been on both, as older adults we preferred the Vista. There was so much for teen kids to do that we were hardly bothered by them. In addition to the slides, sky ride, ropes course, theaters, etc., there is also an outdoor exercise course that has various stations around the open sky deck, mini bowling and golf, and a large basketball court.

Enjoy your cruise.