Cruise Critic Community
Atlantic Canada

Saining on Koningsdam

We are sailing in HAL Koningsdam in November. We have tentatively booked cabin 6183 0n Mozart deck. Has anyone stayed in that cabin or near it? We would like to know if it is a good choice and also if there is any engine noise noted there. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated as we haven't been on HAL for a long time despite being on 60+ cruises.

As well I have read that Hollands food has gone down hill. Is that really the case?

Thanks

Food is totally subjective. We were quite satisfied with the food when we sailed on KDam. It would Nnt be difficult to find someone who would say the food on any mass market line has declined. It is human nature to complain.

We were one deck above you on the stern. Engine noise was not a factor.

We were in a cabin in the same area on the Koningsdam. No issues with noise, vibration, or too much motion.

We thought the food on the Koningsdam was quite good, and liked the fact that there are lots of options to pick from for dining.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were on Konigsdam earlier this year. 5031 I think. Standard verandah. Toward the bow. Noise was not an issue. I thought food was great. Only my second cruise though. Really nice ship!! On it for 2 weeks. Could have stayed more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As well I have read that Hollands food has gone down hill. Is that really the case?

Why would someone book a cruise when they know the food has gone downhill? By the way.....the food

is fine.

I guarantee that if you look at every cruise line's board on this site, you will find a comment about how it has gone downhill. If I had a dime for everytime I've read that phrase, I would be frequenting the Crystal and Regent boards more often. :-)

Is the food as good as it was in the past? Overall, probably not quite as good, but it hasn't fallen from Michelin to McDonalds. IMO, the vast majority of passengers enjoy their meals.

We also like the food on HAL. But it really is about expectations, isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in cabin 6199 on Mozart deck. We loved the cabin as there was little traffic in the corridor, no noise or vibrations noted, near the elevator making it easy to get to dining room and DH loved getting coffee first thing in the morning up to the Lido deck.