debut

Shanghai International Cruise Terminal

is this close to the airport? We were told Westerdam will be at this terminal. Will be getting in around 7 to 8 pm, hoping it's not too far away.

Thanks,

Debbie

Google will always answer your question. It's 45 minutes without traffic.....So plan on at least 1 hour 15 minutes by taxi. Distance and time are not the same. It's relatively close, but you still need to go through Shanghai traffic.

Correct! The cruise Terminal is in Baoshan. Takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get there by taxi.

Taxi's will be lined up...just make sure you get one that has a meter and have small denominations of RMB (Yuan).

Correct! The cruise Terminal is in Baoshan. Takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get there by taxi.

Of course I meant to get to the airport...

BTW: Taxis accept cash only. If I remember correctly it was a little over 200 RMB to Pudong Airport.

Be sure you know which terminal your flight leaves from to tell the driver.

And please plan in some time for disembarkation. It does take some time at Baoshan Port.

The two times our cruises enden in Baoshan, we got into port late due to fog and wind. Instead of 7am it was 2pm. And then it took until 4pm before we could leave the ship.

Thanks everyone. Good to know we need RMB. Is China like Japan with few places that use credit cards? Haven't been to China yet

Thanks everyone. Good to know we need RMB. Is China like Japan with few places that use credit cards? Haven't been to China yet

Have used cards both in China and Japan with no issues. However public transportation (bus/taxi) needs cash and only RMB. Maybe some small businesses need cash.

Would say they're pretty similar in their acceptance.

I didn't have much trouble using credit cards, but that's from tourist friendly businesses e.g. shops, restaurants. Places I didn't expect to use them e.g. street stalls, vendors, public transport didn't accept them.

We've been to China several times both via cruise ship and land trips. I have no problem of course giving my credit card when checking into a hotel.....Everywhere else I use RMB (Yuan)...just a personal choice for us.