Car rental in Bonaire

monorail81

I see a lot of people rent golf carts in Bonaire, but has anyone ever rented a car in Bonaire? Seems to be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We rented a car for the day last year and plan to do the same again in October. It worked out great for us.

We used AB Car Rental. Their website doesn't let you reserve for 1 day. I sent an email and they accommodated our request. They picked us up and dropped off just outside of the port.

They also rent snorkel and dive equipment, we rented snorkel gear.

Maryanne

• 4 months later...

Don't use Voyager Bonaire.  We received a booking number, sent driving licence details but they denied any knowledge of our booking and did not have the car we had ordered. I would recommend booking through the Airport rentals. It is only a short taxi ride from the port.We

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 9:04 AM, jerseygirl111 said:

We rented a car for the day last year and plan to do the same again in October. It worked out great for us.

We used AB Car Rental. Their website doesn't let you reserve for 1 day. I sent an email and they accommodated our request. They picked us up and dropped off just outside of the port.

They also rent snorkel and dive equipment, we rented snorkel gear.

Maryanne

Maryanne - was the process easy?  I'm really debating a car rental vs. golf cart rental.  We have about 8 people and 2 cars seems cheaper but golf cart does seem fun.  : ).  Did you have to fill up the car with gas upon return?  Did you have to submit insurance?  I'm just wondering if there is any hassle.  Do you happen to remember the cost of the car and the snorkel gear?  That's a great benefit!  Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, Bellablue said:

Maryanne - was the process easy?  I'm really debating a car rental vs. golf cart rental.  We have about 8 people and 2 cars seems cheaper but golf cart does seem fun.  : ).  Did you have to fill up the car with gas upon return?  Did you have to submit insurance?  I'm just wondering if there is any hassle.  Do you happen to remember the cost of the car and the snorkel gear?  That's a great benefit!  Thank you! 

For us the rental car process was very easy.  We rented from AB Car Rental.  I don't remember the cost of snorkel gear but, it was reasonable.  We did have to return the car with a full tank of gas.  The price of insurance was included in the rental cost which for us in November 2018 totaled $98.37 for a 4 door Double Cabin Pick Up/Manual Transmission. *They did require payment for the car rental at the time of reservation.

Their website wouldn't allow reservation for just 1 day so I sent an email and they were very accommodating.  They had a driver pick us up just outside of the port at the time we requested.  They also returned us to the port after car drop off.  We've used this rental car company 2 times and would recommend them to anyone wishing to rent a car.

Both times we were traveling with friends that chose to do the Golf Cart rental and they had a great time with the carts.  We ran into them a couple times during the day in our travels.

We chose the car rental since we wanted to cover more of the island but I think either way, you should have a great time!

Maryanne

Edited by jerseygirl111

We contacted them directly and they won't let us rent a car for less than 3 days because it's high season.  They said we could reach out 3 days before but it will be difficult to do that so we are planning on renting a golf cart.  Thanks for the info though!  Hopefully it can help others as well!