Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
surfergirl15

Premier Elite Cruise

Recommended Posts

I have been invited on a premier elite cruise in November. Does anyone know what a premier elite cruise is?:confused::confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Per Carnivals website)

 

 

  • Premier: for our more avid casino players, Premier is available on cruises of six days or longer and offers all the benefits of the Getaway program plus a complimentary pre-cruise gift, priority debarkation, a special Welcome Aboard party, invitation-only casino tournaments, and a chance at $20,000 in free play, cash and prizes every cruise.
  • Ultra: loyalty matters, and our most loyal players will receive Ultra invites, which include all of the benefits of the Premier program plus a chance at $100,000 in cash and gifts on board.
  • Elite: reserved for our very best players, the Elite program provides exclusive experiences and perks like complimentary parking or local airport pick-up and drop-off, early stateroom access, complimentary drinks throughout the cruise, a free shore excursion and Wi-Fi, special Welcome Aboard and sailaway parties, and VIFP Platinum status for the entire voyage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have been invited on a premier elite cruise in November. Does anyone know what a premier elite cruise is?:confused::confused:

 

Sounds like you got an invitation to an 'elite' cruise! Premier and Elite are different in offerings, cost, etc.! Best you call Carnival and ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I returned from an Elite Cruise on the Horizon on August 8. We were picked up at the airport by black car service and brought to the port. This worked out very well for us. Returned to the airport after debarkation.

 

You will receive plenty of daily gifts in your room compliments of the Casino. 2a0dd73ff50c3b1e3dc927c69a2b25c3.jpgf2e33dffda8f925a4ad07e9031b95e05.jpg7dfffd3fca54e83c98217cfd97c4bc6e.jpg30b2f5679d5c43f50da44d6991a7ac42.jpg we also received large and small water bottles. I won’t ruin the surprise for the larger gift.

 

Not shown is a plate of cookies and a box of candy from Sugar on Top. We gave the candy to our room steward.

 

There were lots of drawings each day. You must be present to win!! 52bf2376d1432e4b690b9dada90b69a9.jpg

 

We were treated to a steakhouse dinner with part of the elite group and an excursion to an AI on Amber Cove.

 

We received free drinks anywhere anytime on the ship. The bar system should know your drinks are free of charge. If you get charged simply go to guest services and remind them you are on the Elite Cruise. We had trouble in the MDR the first evening, but it all worked out. Some miscommunication between casino and MDR.

 

Also received basic internet package.

 

We only paid the taxes and port fees for this cruise, but I can tell you we did pay for the trip and more. This was the tightest casino we have encountered at sea. Our fault.....we know we have the bug. After all, that’s how we got the invite.

 

It seemed the same individuals won hand pays and also won more than one giveaway with the Elite drawing held daily. Those same individuals also were in the running for the free cruise from the Elite slot tournament. Now it may just be that they had the Golden Horseshoe stuck you know where!!!! I do know others shared with my observations.

 

We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise don’t me me wrong. If we get another offer we will take it.

 

Let me know if I can answer any other questions about the Elite Cruise.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do you get the pre-cruise gift?  How? (on the ship, by mail)?

We are on Vista from Galveston this Sunday (Jan 13)

Apparently no free drinks until 6AM the next morning due to some law, although I don't know why that would affect non-alcoholic drinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also on an elite cruise July 27 on the Conquest.  I inquired about how to obtain free parking, free shore excursion, etc.  I was told (by an inexperienced Carnival agent)  I had to pay for parking and the shore excursion upfront and then receive onboard credit!  This is highly unacceptable and I have a hard time believing Carnival would advertise these things as Complimentary.  Does anyone know how this really works?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Meandrolf said:

I am also on an elite cruise July 27 on the Conquest.  I inquired about how to obtain free parking, free shore excursion, etc.  I was told (by an inexperienced Carnival agent)  I had to pay for parking and the shore excursion upfront and then receive onboard credit!  This is highly unacceptable and I have a hard time believing Carnival would advertise these things as Complimentary.  Does anyone know how this really works?

You must pay for parking up front. You will get reimbursed once on Board, just bring your receipt.  As for excursions no, you do not pay upfront because you have no idea which one or what day you are going with the group.  

 Attend the session for information at the onset of the cruise.  You can ask all your questions there as well as receive your lanyard with your DOU card.  

 

Enjoy your cruise!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to ask those who've taken elite cruises to give the rest of us a little info,,,

How much approx do you gamble, points you get on a cruise, how often you get these offers, how often you cruise, etc., to qualify for an elite offer?

Carnival isn't telling anyone, so in the last few cruises we asked those receiving elite offers!

Multiple cruisers have told me in the past if you walk away from scheduling cruises, the casino club will offer you an elite to get you back, as their gambling was much less then mine, but we've never received an elite offer!

Another cruiser told us that you have to be involved in casino cruises for 2 years before an elite offer is given!?

So there are differing opinions on this, and your input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, AmBear said:

I'd like to ask those who've taken elite cruises to give the rest of us a little info,,,

How much approx do you gamble, points you get on a cruise, how often you get these offers, how often you cruise, etc., to qualify for an elite offer?

Carnival isn't telling anyone, so in the last few cruises we asked those receiving elite offers!

Multiple cruisers have told me in the past if you walk away from scheduling cruises, the casino club will offer you an elite to get you back, as their gambling was much less then mine, but we've never received an elite offer!

Another cruiser told us that you have to be involved in casino cruises for 2 years before an elite offer is given!?

So there are differing opinions on this, and your input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

My DH received the Elite offer twice. We sail at least once a year. We both gamble a lot while cruising or we consider it a lot.  He typically has 7000 points and me around 6300.  That’s not a lot compared to some folks we met while on the Elite Cruise.  Most others had at least 25000 or more.  We do receive many casino cruise offers and typically sail on those.  We couldn’t win a dime on the Elite Cruise!! But, we loved the Horizon!

 

I have to say, after the last 5 day cruise this past December with over 7000 points we both were offered a bounce back, but not free and no free play or casino cash attached to it.  The offers seem to be going down for us. We get them but they are not as good.  It don’t matter much though because we love cruising and we are loyal to Carnival.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, Cruzlover7 said:

My DH received the Elite offer twice. We sail at least once a year. We both gamble a lot while cruising or we consider it a lot.  He typically has 7000 points and me around 6300.  That’s not a lot compared to some folks we met while on the Elite Cruise.  Most others had at least 25000 or more.  We do receive many casino cruise offers and typically sail on those.  We couldn’t win a dime on the Elite Cruise!! But, we loved the Horizon!

 

I have to say, after the last 5 day cruise this past December with over 7000 points we both were offered a bounce back, but not free and no free play or casino cash attached to it.  The offers seem to be going down for us. We get them but they are not as good.  It don’t matter much though because we love cruising and we are loyal to Carnival.  

 

7,000 points? Does that equate to spending $7,000 in the casino? :classic_blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bizeemom4 said:

 

7,000 points? Does that equate to spending $7,000 in the casino? :classic_blink:

No, it does not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...