MamaToMany

Favorite food onboard?

Observation from our last cruise with NCL:

1. Gent requesting sliced meat ( ie turkey, roast beef) be placed on a bun he cut and prepared with condiments. Quiet brilliant and fresher than coldcuts. Great lunch snack.

Somewhat on topic, I hope :)

I do at times on every cruise at the carving station.

On a simple note, on my last Breakaway cruise, the fries at buffet burger station were very good.

DW likes the crepe station so much that she will skip dessert in the MDR and go there instead.

Thanks for all the suggestions, first NCL cruise next week, not sure I’ll have time to try all the suggestions

On 8/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, basicprincess24 said:

I love the chocolate lava cake! We order it multiple times throughout the cruise

Lava cake used to be on the menu every night in the MDR but now seems to be limited evenings.  Anyone see it multiple nights recently?

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions, first NCL cruise next week, not sure I’ll have time to try all the suggestions

the MDR menus have changed in September.

1 hour ago, Mike_DeA said:

Lava cake used to be on the menu every night in the MDR but now seems to be limited evenings.  Anyone see it multiple nights recently?

yes. We were on the 10-day Jade cruise (which turned into a 3 day only cruise after a mechanical failure), and in those 3 days we had the Warm Chocolate Lava cake twice. It was delicious - but the trick to enjoy it 100% is to have a bite of all three ingredients at the same time (cake, gelato and strawberry compote). By themselves they are not good. It has to be a combination!

1 hour ago, Mike_DeA said:

They definitely had it in the MDRs multiple nights on the Escape in October. My SO had it at least three times!

Edited by JamieLogical

The Haven Restaurant on the Bliss had this goat cheese galette that was amazing! I'm vegetarian and it's great that they have such interesting options for us!

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

yes. We were on the 10-day Jade cruise (which turned into a 3 day only cruise after a mechanical failure), and in those 3 days we had the Warm Chocolate Lava cake twice. It was delicious - but the trick to enjoy it 100% is to have a bite of all three ingredients at the same time (cake, gelato and strawberry compote). By themselves they are not good. It has to be a combination!

38 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

They definitely had it in the MDRs multiple nights on the Escape in October. My SO had it at least three times!

Thanks. I don't eat in the MDR often if solo, so I just must have picked the wrong nights.  I've learned to check the dessert menu at the hostess station before committing to an MDR for the evening.

Itchy&Scratchy - I'm fine with the gelato or the cake alone, but not the strawberry...

6 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Itchy&Scratchy - I'm fine with the gelato or the cake alone, but not the strawberry...

it didn't work separately for either of us (4 of us). Gelato is not sweet, the cake is semi sweet but not good by itself, but the strawberry compote make the combination an explosion of taste!

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it didn't work separately for either of us (4 of us). Gelato is not sweet, the cake is semi sweet but not good by itself, but the strawberry compote make the combination an explosion of taste!

:classic_tongue:

Haven Breakfast:  Tahitian French toast with berries and mascarpone.  Also their almond and chocolate flavored croissants

Ocean Blue calamari and their grilled lobster dinner

La Cucina shrimp ravioli with lobster sauce and Tiramisu

The salad bar at Moderno and their grilled pineapple because it is a nice change from all the meat

Nachos and fish tacos at Margaritavile

And the room service pizza because sometimes that just fits what you are looking for late at night when you don't want to leave the room  : )

Of course there are soooo many more things that are yummy!!!

Cagney's Crab Cake appetizer with a mustard sauce

La Cucina (old menu?)  Gorgonzola crusted Filet Mignon

MDR-  Any of the warm dessert souffle's with sauce 

(most recently had the Banana Souffle with Butterscotch Whiskey sauce)