Valencia help

Giantfan13

We will be docking in Valencia late November this year. We were in this city last year and did the usual touristy things, HoHo and several places on stop offs.

I was wondering if there is anything outside of Valencia that might be worthy a day visit. We would need public transportation as we will not rent a car and we really don't want to go too far away, but we were just curious about this.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Len

If you are a fan of Lladro. http://www.valenciavalencia.com/sights-guide/museums-listings/lladro.htm

Also check this for ideas https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/what-to-see-valencia/valencia-three-days

Market in old center is worth visiting as well as Fallas museum (not too far from City of Science complex). Try paella or tapas in Casa Montagna

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We are now considering a walking tour of Valencia. What would be the easiest way, or the quickest way, to get to the center part of town, from the cruise terminal. last year we did the HoHo bus but had a decent walk to the stop and the buses didn't start running until 10or so. Can we get a city bus to the center of town, a taxi and of what cost.

Cheers

Len

If using bus probably #4 is your best bet goes to City Hall (Plaza Ayuntamiento). Costs 1.5€. Otherwise can buy fare card and put 10 rides for 8.5€. Taxi to center is in 10€ ballpark

We were there a few years ago. I took a bus from near the port to the modern architecture/museum complex ("Oceanografico" and the rest of the Arts and Sciences complex). (I like modern architecture and photography). Then I walked a block or two and caught a bus to Ayuntiamento to visit the old town. I forget what the bus numbers were (probably the 4 to/from old town, as the other poster mentioned). Somewhere on the EMT bus site there's a helpful diagram/list of buses of interest to tourists. I also have in my notes that the bus stop can be found by going outside the port, looking for "EMT" signs, and following them. I think the bus to Arts and Sciences picked up from a street called "Manuel Soto Enginyer" but I don't know if that's the same stop for Ayuntiamento and old town. Of course, for any bus, you'll need to make sure you're on the correct side of the street to go north from the port. I don't remember it being more than a 5, possibly 10 minute walk from the port to the bus stop I used.

Your cruise line MAY provide a shuttle to the old town. Ours did, but I don't know if it was arranged by the cruise line or if the city provides it for all cruise lines.

For historical center suggestions see https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/what-to-see-valencia/historical-centre

Valencia cathedral is about 1/2 mile from City Hall, market and silk exchange (Lonja de la Seda) about same distance. Historical center is not big. So other suggestions is Fine Arts museum (small but free) http://www.museobellasartesvalencia.gva.es and Fallas museum http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-attractions/museums/museo-fallero.html

Sea Saffron offers a 6-ish hour excursion. They pick you up at the Valencia cruise terminal and drive you to “old town” by private car. We had a private guide for 8 people. We were in old town for approximately 2 hours. Except for a 20 minute sit-down snack, we were walking the entire time. After old town, our driver took us to The City of Arts & Sciences. Our guide gave a walking tour of the amazing architecture.... probably walked for 90 minutes here. Our 3rd (and final stop) was at a penthouse apartment for tapas. The penthouse is across the street from City of Arts & Sciences. We enjoyed lots of different tapas and then had a delicious sit-down, multi-course meal. Wine over flowed throughout.

I don’t know how many miles we walked, but the surfaces were generally smooth/level and not too many steps. I’m sure Sea Saffron can answer any questions/concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We visited in April. The tourist info people at the port had a map showing where the bus stop was located and initially there were markings on the ground. Once we reached the main road the stop was slightly more difficult to find and is across the road in a side street but close to that road. Both the 4 and the 95 have stops there but check the direction of travel on the info board. Allow 30 minutes or so actual travel time. As mentioned in a previous post, the local bus company website is excellent and you can look at individual routes and zoom right in to see the bus stops marked on each.

We took the #4 in and the #95 back from Torrens Tower. The stop is just a few yards from the tower on the same side.

The #4 dropped us in the Town Hall Square. It is free to go in to see some of the public rooms and the balcony has great pho ops of the square itself.

The North Station is also worth visiting for the interiors. It can be seen from the Town Hall and is only 5 minutes walk from there.

Super city. It was our second visit and we could easily return.

Sea Saffron offers a 6-ish hour excursion. They pick you up at the Valencia cruise terminal and drive you to “old town” by private car. We had a private guide for 8 people. We were in old town for approximately 2 hours. Except for a 20 minute sit-down snack, we were walking the entire time. After old town, our driver took us to The City of Arts & Sciences. Our guide gave a walking tour of the amazing architecture.... probably walked for 90 minutes here. Our 3rd (and final stop) was at a penthouse apartment for tapas. The penthouse is across the street from City of Arts & Sciences. We enjoyed lots of different tapas and then had a delicious sit-down, multi-course meal. Wine over flowed throughout.

I don’t know how many miles we walked, but the surfaces were generally smooth/level and not too many steps. I’m sure Sea Saffron can answer any questions/concerns.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, that's just the sort of information I was looking for!

We visited in April. The tourist info people at the port had a map showing where the bus stop was located and initially there were markings on the ground. Once we reached the main road the stop was slightly more difficult to find and is across the road in a side street but close to that road. Both the 4 and the 95 have stops there but check the direction of travel on the info board. Allow 30 minutes or so actual travel time. As mentioned in a previous post, the local bus company website is excellent and you can look at individual routes and zoom right in to see the bus stops marked on each.

We took the #4 in and the #95 back from Torrens Tower. The stop is just a few yards from the tower on the same side.

The #4 dropped us in the Town Hall Square. It is free to go in to see some of the public rooms and the balcony has great pho ops of the square itself.

The North Station is also worth visiting for the interiors. It can be seen from the Town Hall and is only 5 minutes walk from there.

Super city. It was our second visit and we could easily return.

Thanks so much. That is very helpful. I'll check out the bus web site.

Cheers

Len

• 3 months later...

I don't know if anyone will see this and be able to reply, but I was snooping around Google Earth and found what might be a bus stop near the cruise port.  I've attached a screenshot. I was wondering if someone who found the stop could tell me if it looks like I've found the right place.  The picture isn't the best, but you can see some of the open air warehouse buildings, and a cruise ship in the background, with a tiny red thing that looks like a bus stop pylon on the street that the bus is going down (to the right of the bus).  

1676463424_valenciabusstop.thumb.JPG.12692f284974190266fabfc07d01dff0.JPG