first Disney cruise- a few questions

YankeePenny

I found a thread dated 2015 regarding the luggage tags/ holders. Are they still the same? Just put those on day of embarkation? no plastic holders needed?

Our cruise includes Cabo and Ensenada. if any of you have been to those ports, how was the sightseeing?

also, are there carts /stores near the terminal that sell those bottled soft drinks made with sugar? I just want to have one iced cold one if possible before re-boarding. I am not counting on the ship having Dr. Pepper.

next question. Tiana's place- do YOU like it? I love that movie. I thought the menu looked great. any suggestions?

I see that every night you can get a steak, chicken or fish. Is a dinner salad possible at all the restaurants?

If we do a spa time, should we do it on a port day? or late afternoon?

last question: are the laundry facilities free? DLR is credit card , and I think it was still coins/bills in DW.

I am so looking forward to this cruise. Hubby was thrilled mickey treats and ice cream would be available.

Thank you for any input. :):):):):):):)

I found a thread dated 2015 regarding the luggage tags/ holders. Are they still the same? Just put those on day of embarkation? no plastic holders needed? The DCL luggage tags that you get with your cruise packet are like the airline ones, long and you pull the back off to stick them together around your luggage handles.

Our cruise includes Cabo and Ensenada. if any of you have been to those ports, how was the sightseeing? Cabo has some good private boats you can rent for taxiing you around the port. Ensenada, we've only gotten off the ship once there.

also, are there carts /stores near the terminal that sell those bottled soft drinks made with sugar? I just want to have one iced cold one if possible before re-boarding. I am not counting on the ship having Dr. Pepper. You can bring Dr. Pepper onboard the ship with you. Just bring it in your carry on bags, not checked.

next question. Tiana's place- do YOU like it? I love that movie. I thought the menu looked great. any suggestions?

I see that every night you can get a steak, chicken or fish. Is a dinner salad possible at all the restaurants? Yes

If we do a spa time, should we do it on a port day? or late afternoon?

last question: are the laundry facilities free? DLR is credit card , and I think it was still coins/bills in DW. Washers & dryers are $2.00 a load. You use your KTTW card to charge it to your onboard account.

I am so looking forward to this cruise. Hubby was thrilled mickey treats and ice cream would be available.

Thank you for any input.

See my answers in red.

also, are there carts /stores near the terminal that sell those bottled soft drinks made with sugar? I just want to have one iced cold one if possible before re-boarding. I am not counting on the ship having Dr. Pepper.

Thank you for any input.

I'm figuring that you're boarding in San Diego? There are lots of shops on the street just in front of the pier the ship docks at.

In answer to your spa question - I prefer spa appointments on sea days. After excursions, I prefer to simply relax and get ready for dinner. I don't like to have to rush from an excursion to another appointment, but that's just my personal preference. They sometimes do run spa specials on port days, so you may want to check those out and see what works best for you.

Tiana’s place was very cute— themed very well, with a band. A character dressed as Tiana and Louis visited tables each night, and there was a Mardi Gras party one night. My four year old ended up with his first Disney princess crush on Princess Tiana, so we had some sweet pictures from our last cruise with our son and Princess Tiana. Food was fine, nothing inspirational in my opinion, but then again, food is always subjective.