Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

When you go to Discoveries there is someone at a desk who directs you to your table. You can tell them you would like to sit on a shared table, then get a drink in Discoveries bar. They will tell you when they have a place at a shared table available. Even if you end up on a table for 2, they are close enough for you to converse with your neighbours.

Azamara is very welcoming to solos. There is usually a note in the programme about a solos table for dinner on at least one night (although this is often fairly early). Not being a solo, I’m a bit hazy on what else Azamara offers, but maybe some of our solo members will post here too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

In 2020 we're on a 20-something night cruise on Journey.

We'll be Celebrity Elite + by then so we'll hopefully get some perks for that!

Also, we're in in a CO suite so we'll get some perks from that too.

We're not into spas etc. but we do love good wine. As for spirits, we don't mind 'ordinary' brands.

Laundry: we get through lots and lots and lots! A full bag each day! Really!

So, which would be the best package/deal for us? It's all rather confusing because we're AzNewbies!

I've posted this on another thread too.

By the way, we do wish that Celebrity had CC hosts and a Bonnie too!

This thread is wonderful and we cannot wait for our first Azamara cruise in April.

We were wondering how the evening shows work. On Celebrity they always have 2 show times 7 pm and 9 pm to work around main seating and late seating dinner times. Since Azamara has open seating do they only have one show per evening and what time would it be?

Thank you for all your knowledge and tips.

There's only one show, 9 p.m., usually. Elite+ means Discoverer+ ,1 free laundry bag per cabin .More information on Azamara website.

Not a hard and fast rule Tom, if there’s one show it’s usually 9.30ish, there are also times when there are two shows, one about 8.15 and the other 9.45.

Not a hard and fast rule Tom, if there’s one show it’s usually 9.30ish, there are also times when there are two shows, one about 8.15 and the other 9.45.

I've only been on 2 Azamara cruises, so I defer to your experience.:)

In 2020 we're on a 20-something night cruise on Journey.

We'll be Celebrity Elite + by then so we'll hopefully get some perks for that!

Also, we're in in a CO suite so we'll get some perks from that too.

We're not into spas etc. but we do love good wine. As for spirits, we don't mind 'ordinary' brands.

Laundry: we get through lots and lots and lots! A full bag each day! Really!

So, which would be the best package/deal for us? It's all rather confusing because we're AzNewbies!

I've posted this on another thread too.

By the way, we do wish that Celebrity had CC hosts and a Bonnie too!

I’ve given a long answer in your post in the thread headed ‘Indulgence Package’.

Basically the answer is that you need to look at the Azamara website to see which elements of the package you would make use of/buy anyway and how much they would cost you if you bought them separately. You can find information about the packages in ‘Onboard Packages’ under the Booked heading in the bottom menu on Azamara’s website https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages

Some of the things the packages give you are a one off cost (amount of credit for shore excursions/the spa, laundry), some depend on the length of the cruise - WiFi and drinks packages are costed daily.

Overall the longer the cruise the better value the packages are.

Bonnie has posted in the thread headed ‘Indulgence Package’ that you can use OBC (other than that designated for a specific purpose such as Shore Excursions) to buy the Experience More Packages. You have to buy them onboard as there is currently no facility to buy anything other than shore excursions beforehand using OBC.

Bonnie has posted in the thread headed ‘Indulgence Package’ that you can use OBC (other than that designated for a specific purpose such as Shore Excursions) to buy the Experience More Packages. You have to buy them onboard as there is currently no facility to buy anything other than shore excursions beforehand using OBC.

Also I was told by my TA that the Indulgence Package has to be paid for at the time of purchase, not final payment time. So it seems prudent to wait.

A possible advantage of purchasing the Indulgence package (or any of the Experience More packages) prior to boarding may be to use the included Shore Excursion OBC to book Azamara excursions that could sell out early.

New tip courtesy of Phil (excitedofharpenden). If you go to Guest Relations and ask for the handy small itinerary card it shows port times, hour changes, PLANNED event dates for your cruise and buffet themes. I say planned because it is not always accurate and subject to change.

• Thanks 1

I believe the T pool area is $175 per couple or $99 for an individual, This may vary slightly by length or cruise.

Therapy pool is not a hot tub even though it looks like one. Water can be on the cool side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 4:45 PM, gofloat said:

I believe the T pool area is $175 per couple or $99 for an individual, This may vary slightly by length or cruise.

Therapy pool is not a hot tub even though it looks like one. Water can be on the cool side.

It should be pretty warm, but I know what you mean.  I've run into issues with it being cool.  As I said it shouldn't be and I've complained about it at the time, with varying degrees of success.  I think this was on Quest.  They may have a heating issue on that ship.  Before buying a pass go out there and put your hand in!

Phil

Not a total newbie, just been oblivious.

At the end of the cruise, is the final time to leave the ship generally about 9 a.m.? I am trying to arrange a half day tour before checking in at the hotel. If I am remembering correctly, picking up the luggage is quick.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, MNgardens said:

Not a total newbie, just been oblivious.

At the end of the cruise, is the final time to leave the ship generally about 9 a.m.? I am trying to arrange a half day tour before checking in at the hotel. If I am remembering correctly, picking up the luggage is quick.

Thanks.

Normally it’s 9.30am.  

Phil

On 9/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Azamara doesn’t have an inside pool. The steam rooms are in the spa itself.

Azamara’s loyalty club is Le Club Voyage (LCV) and has reciprocal arrangements with Celebrity Captain’s Club and Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor. As Elite Plus you are Discoverer Plus on Azamara and get a number of benefits including 7% discount, $200/$300 OBC and a reduced deposit when you book onboard, 120 free WiFi minutes or $130 towards a full Voyage WiFi package, a free bag of laundry per full week & some savings on things like the spa etc. Here’s a link to the main LCV page on Azamara’s website. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-benefits.

Note that to get the free complimentary nights that are mentioned 50% of your qualifying voyages have to be with Azamara.

My travel agent told me I wouldn't get any credit with Azamara for my elite status on Celebrity. Which is correct? Anyone know? Also any idea what the Amazing Nights are? We are on a cruise from Hong Kong to Sinapore. Thanks