Jump to content

Tips for Azamara Newbies


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, uktog said:

Azamara terms and conditions list coffee makers as prohibited so I’d say kettles are likewise 

I knew that you or Phil would know.😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Are face cloths provided please?      Yes

Kettles --no on North American cruises

Fridge--you may have to take stuff out.

No kettles on any cruises.

However, you can ask for tea, coffee, hot water in your cabin any time. We like tea first thing. We use the breakfast request card every night to request tea & fruit juice at 7ish every morning, alternatively you can ring for room service.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom47 said:

I don't know, but I have only been on two Azamara cruises, Ft.Lauderdale and San Diego.  There are people who have been on 40 or more Azamara cruises who post here.  Did you access the spreadsheet?

Thanks for your help Tom.  I did read the spreadsheet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, uktog said:

Azamara terms and conditions list coffee makers as prohibited so I’d say kettles are likewise 

 

11 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

No kettles on any cruises.

However, you can ask for tea, coffee, hot water in your cabin any time. We like tea first thing. We use the breakfast request card every night to request tea & fruit juice at 7ish every morning, alternatively you can ring for room service.

 

‘Thank you both.  Oh dear!  I’m not looking forward to telling him!  We will request in the morning.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Werangels said:

 

 

‘Thank you both.  Oh dear!  I’m not looking forward to telling him!  We will request in the morning.  

There are 24 hour coffee machines in the buffet on deck 9.

There is also the coffee bar on deck 5 which opens fairly early (7am?) - it does coffees to go as well as sit down.

Also in the morning, there are thermos thingies for tea and coffee in the smoking area on deck 9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SteveH2508 said:

There are 24 hour coffee machines in the buffet on deck 9.

There is also the coffee bar on deck 5 which opens fairly early (7am?) - it does coffees to go as well as sit down.

Also in the morning, there are thermos thingies for tea and coffee in the smoking area on deck 9.

That is brilliant.  Thank you.  I shall tell him.  He won’t ring for room service more than once.  He does smoke so I sort of wish there wasn’t tea and coffee there as I may never see him 🙄😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Werangels said:

That is brilliant.  Thank you.  I shall tell him.  He won’t ring for room service more than once.  He does smoke so I sort of wish there wasn’t tea and coffee there as I may never see him 🙄😂

My morning routine was to go down to deck 4, get the daily newspaper, up to 5 for 2 flat whites to go then up to 9 for a coffee, smoke, read and chat with our new friends in the smoking area.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, Ray in NH said:

As a first-timer (on Azamara), what is the latest one can disembark the ship at the end of the voyage?

We will be disembarking in Vancouver, and staying an additional night before flying home.  We would like to hang about on the ship as long as possible, since early access to our hotel cannot (will not) be assured, at this time.

Does category of stateroom come into play? Also due to many Celebrity cruises, we are Discoverer Plus status - if that matters.

 

Thank you,

 

NRayH

The last Azamara cruise we took, we were able to book an Azamara shore excursion on the day we disembarked.  Our suitcases were stored on the bus and, after a tour of places we would have not been able to go to otherwise, the bus returned to the port and we got a transportation from the port to our hotel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PirateWife said:

The last Azamara cruise we took, we were able to book an Azamara shore excursion on the day we disembarked.  Our suitcases were stored on the bus and, after a tour of places we would have not been able to go to otherwise, the bus returned to the port and we got a transportation from the port to our hotel.

 

Thank you -- another option to consider.

We will be disembarking in Vancouver, where we have visited previously.  I was hoping to just hang about the ship as long as possible and then head to our hotel.  If that doesn't work out, the hotel will hold our luggage until our room is available.  Often times we have been given access to our room, upon an early arrival (when available).

 

NRayH

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 5:43 AM, Ray in NH said:

 

Thank you -- another option to consider.

We will be disembarking in Vancouver, where we have visited previously.  I was hoping to just hang about the ship as long as possible and then head to our hotel.  If that doesn't work out, the hotel will hold our luggage until our room is available.  Often times we have been given access to our room, upon an early arrival (when available).

 

NRayH

 

We are in a similar situation. We are staying two nights (our third trip to Vancouver) so will just walk from the cruise ship to the hotel, deposit our luggage there and go off to explore and then have some lunch in Gastown.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

 

 

 

Just wanted to say all you experienced Azamarists (is that a word?) please keep adding tips - and newbies please keep asking questions. I’ll add any new tips to the spreadsheet as they get posted.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, this is excellent for a newbie like me.  Thanks again for the hard work

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried to check in online for the first time.  I had heard they accepted a photo so I had one prepared from a picture I had cropped to be just a head shot.  The picture was not accepted.  It has to have more resolution than a cropped photo and it has to have a white or off white background.  

 

Apparently the photo is optional.  However, if you want your own picture, be sure it has the white background and is a higher resolution picture.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I just tried to check in online for the first time.  I had heard they accepted a photo so I had one prepared from a picture I had cropped to be just a head shot.  The picture was not accepted.  It has to have more resolution than a cropped photo and it has to have a white or off white background.  

 

Apparently the photo is optional.  However, if you want your own picture, be sure it has the white background and is a higher resolution picture.

 

Maybe it is just "lazy" me, but really why sweat what the boarding photo looks like?  Probably best to leave it to Azamara.  How often, if ever, have we needed to have a photo of what is recorded during our boarding our boarding process?

My feeling is if they do not "require" me to present the photo, let them take it.

 

NRayH

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a topic about WiFi someone asked whether you can use the full cruise WiFi package on several devices. The answer is that you can use it for only one device at a time, but can log off on one device then log back in on a different device using the same username and password.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Bonnie has posted in the thread headed ‘Indulgence Package’ that you can use OBC (other than that designated for a specific purpose such as Shore Excursions) to buy the Experience More Packages. You have to buy them onboard as there is currently no facility to buy anything other than shore excursions beforehand using OBC.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you use OBC to buy tours from home? Many cruise lines say OBC can only be used on board. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note to say that earlier in this topic there was a post saying that Azamara have bikes onboard which are used for excursions. This is no longer the case, but bike excursions are still available in some ports. I’ve amended the spreadsheet accordingly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, you can use your OBC to buy any advertised shore excursions beforehand. Your OBC will show up in your Voyage Planner along with the available excursions.

Thank you!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...