Jump to content

Tips for Azamara Newbies


Grandma Cruising
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

 

Just heard back:  the post numbering was done by a plug-in that is incompatible with this new platform.  They are looking in to whether it can be updated or whether there is another plug-in that would do the job.  So it won't be a quick fix...

Well I had a look at the spreadsheet today and actually found it pretty easy to update it to show page numbers, so here’s the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6WHqVYuztksqXXt4XSs0uMFtZQFjq3zg7q0ZUyMbJA/edit

On my IPad, topics seem to have 25 posts per page. I have assumed this was the case across all types of operating system and device. If that is indeed the case then this spreadsheet should work for everyone. Please let me know if it doesn’t work for any of you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Well I had a look at the spreadsheet today and actually found it pretty easy to update it to show page numbers, so here’s the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6WHqVYuztksqXXt4XSs0uMFtZQFjq3zg7q0ZUyMbJA/edit

On my IPad, topics seem to have 25 posts per page. I have assumed this was the case across all types of operating system and device. If that is indeed the case then this spreadsheet should work for everyone. Please let me know if it doesn’t work for any of you.


Thanks for your work on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey crew! Another Newbie here!  LOVE THIS THREAD!! Read all 35 pages while I was supposed to be working LOL


Mega Ship veteran here looking to downsize away from the throngs/hordes of people on Royal Caribbean (Diamond). Very, Very new to smaller ships and looking forward to some pampering post Covid.  While looking for a unique sailing and found the June 2022 Journey sailing that hits Bulgaria, Ukraine and Romania!! I have a ton of questions but looking for any folks that have sailed the Black Sea to weigh in on this itinerary

Edited by bobbyd6363
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi bobbyd.  Would your cruise be the Azamara Journey June 5 - 17, 2022  12-Night Black Sea Voyage? 

DH and I will be on that one too.  We haven't sailed Azamara previously, although we will have done two voyages on the Journey by the time she reaches the Black Sea. 

I can't tell you about the itinerary, not yet having done that one yet. But as a Princess Elite, I've sailed three of her small ships (of which one now belongs to Azamara) and several of the big ones. The small ship experience is very different from the big ships and IMHO, so much better. If you want to feel like you're actually on a ship, rather than in a big, glitzy resort, you'll love the Journey.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bobbyd6363 said:

Hey crew! Another Newbie here!  LOVE THIS THREAD!! Read all 35 pages while I was supposed to be working LOL


Mega Ship veteran here looking to downsize away from the throngs/hordes of people on Royal Caribbean (Diamond). Very, Very new to smaller ships and looking forward to some pampering post Covid.  While looking for a unique sailing and found the June 2022 Journey sailing that hits Bulgaria, Ukraine and Romania!! I have a ton of questions but looking for any folks that have sailed the Black Sea to weigh in on this itinerary

So pleased you’ve found this thread helpful. Did you check out the spreadsheet too? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6WHqVYuztksqXXt4XSs0uMFtZQFjq3zg7q0ZUyMbJA/edit

I can’t answer questions about Black Sea cruises as it’s an area I’ve never been to, but happy to answer any other questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Hi bobbyd.  Would your cruise be the Azamara Journey June 5 - 17, 2022  12-Night Black Sea Voyage? 

DH and I will be on that one too.  We haven't sailed Azamara previously, although we will have done two voyages on the Journey by the time she reaches the Black Sea. 

I can't tell you about the itinerary, not yet having done that one yet. But as a Princess Elite, I've sailed three of her small ships (of which one now belongs to Azamara) and several of the big ones. The small ship experience is very different from the big ships and IMHO, so much better. If you want to feel like you're actually on a ship, rather than in a big, glitzy resort, you'll love the Journey.

 Hey IslandWoman! Yes ma'am it is the 5-17 June 2022 sailing - That's awesome that we will be on the same cruise! I am excited to try the small ship experience and get away from the hordes of people on the mega ships.  We have been on 35 cruises all mass market big ships.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

So pleased you’ve found this thread helpful. Did you check out the spreadsheet too? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6WHqVYuztksqXXt4XSs0uMFtZQFjq3zg7q0ZUyMbJA/edit

I can’t answer questions about Black Sea cruises as it’s an area I’ve never been to, but happy to answer any other questions.

Thanks GrandmaCruising!  Yes ma'am I have read the spreadsheet and the whole thread.  LOTS of detailed info an very helpful!  This would be our first small ship experience and am looking forward to it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

On 12/17/2020 at 7:54 AM, bobbyd6363 said:

 Hey IslandWoman! Yes ma'am it is the 5-17 June 2022 sailing - That's awesome that we will be on the same cruise! I am excited to try the small ship experience and get away from the hordes of people on the mega ships.  We have been on 35 cruises all mass market big ships.

I looked at this sailing, but found the price very high so decided not to add it on.  We are on the previous sailing May 13, Singapore to Athens, so we will be getting off while you guys are getting on.  We were able to take advantage of the "up to 40% off sale" and we saved a bundle.  I was impressed that they allowed us to have this even though it said new bookings.  This will be our first Azamara cruise and oddly enough, it is the same ship as Pacific Princess which we were booked on (June 1) in the very same cabin till Princess cancelled the sailing.  i was very pleased to find out lately that the points we get on this cruise can be added to our Celebrity points.  I knew there was reciprocity but this is even better.

 

Edited by TeaBag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2020 at 11:17 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

So pleased you’ve found this thread helpful. Did you check out the spreadsheet too? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S6WHqVYuztksqXXt4XSs0uMFtZQFjq3zg7q0ZUyMbJA/edit

I can’t answer questions about Black Sea cruises as it’s an area I’ve never been to, but happy to answer any other questions.

Thank you Grandma Cruising for all your good work.  It is wonderful to be able to look up your cabin and see what is good about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

oddly enough, it is the same ship as Pacific Princess which we were booked on (June 1) in the very same cabin till Princess cancelled the sailing. 

We have sailed on the Pacific Princess as well as the Ocean Princess (now Oceania Serena) and the former Royal Princess (now the Azamara Pursuit).  We loved them all.  They are all the same, and exactly the right size for us. We too, are in the same cabin as we were on the Princess ships.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, islandwoman said:

We have sailed on the Pacific Princess as well as the Ocean Princess (now Oceania Serena) and the former Royal Princess (now the Azamara Pursuit).  We loved them all.  They are all the same, and exactly the right size for us. We too, are in the same cabin as we were on the Princess ships.  

Hey islandwoman - I have created a Roll Call for the 5 June 22 sailing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If our two Celebrity cruises in Aug/Sept 2021 get cancelled, we just might spring for this one too.  We would love to sea the Black Sea area.  Because of the prices, we may just have to elect for one of the tenders!  Do you know if they have bathrooms? haha,  OTOH, we could add on a river cruise after we get off in Athens.  When I get down, which is often these days, looking after poor DH who has just had sinus surgery (yuck), I picture us in our cabin sailing along enjoying cruising again.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We would love to sea the Black Sea area. 

This is DH and my third try to sail to Istanbul and Ephesus.  The first time was a Mediterranean cruise that cancelled those ports.  The second time, the entire cruise was cancelled.  Third time's a charm?

 

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Because of the prices, we may just have to elect for one of the tenders! 

Use the money you would have spent on cancelled cruises in 2020  🥴  That's what we're doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Another newbie, hoping to sail on the Quest in December. 
This thread is excellent, so helpful and so much information, and advice, about Azamara. We are Celebrity Elite Plus, with Celebrity Cruise Line.

 

Two questions are the bathroom on Azamara about the same size liked on the old Celebrity Century cruise ships  or smaller? What is a half bottle of liquor?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruise47 said:

Another newbie, hoping to sail on the Quest in December. 
This thread is excellent, so helpful and so much information, and advice, about Azamara. We are Celebrity Elite Plus, with Celebrity Cruise Line.

 

Two questions are the bathroom on Azamara about the same size liked on the old Celebrity Century cruise ships  or smaller? What is a half bottle of liquor?

 

Hi cruise47

 

The bathroom we had on the Century (2 cruises) in a standard balcony grade was slightly larger then that in an equivalent Azamara cabin.  We find however the bathroom size on Az more then adequate for our needs.


Sorry, unable to help on your liquor question.

 

Regards

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Another newbie, hoping to sail on the Quest in December. 
This thread is excellent, so helpful and so much information, and advice, about Azamara. We are Celebrity Elite Plus, with Celebrity Cruise Line.

 

Two questions are the bathroom on Azamara about the same size liked on the old Celebrity Century cruise ships  or smaller? What is a half bottle of liquor?

 

Half bottle=1/4 liter. We were on Century in 2013.  Bathrooms/showers on Azamara are smaller.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am confused about Azamara's complimentary nights for loyalty members. 

 

1.  How is the requirement " Have sailed with Azamara for at least 50% of past voyages" calculated? 

Does this mean at least half the number of Celebrity + Azamara voyages or does it mean at least half of the points earned on such voyages, or at least half the nights sailed?   In other words, if a member sailed three Celebrity 4-night cruises and two Azamara 21 night cruises thereby moving up a tier, would she qualify for the complimentary nights awarded with that tier?

 

If eligibility is based on at least 50% of points, then how would points earned through Celebrity's Power Up Points program figure into the calculation?

 

2.  What does it mean that complimentary nights "must be redeemed at the full fare rate"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...