Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Does Azamara provide transfers from the airport or hotels to the port?  I'm looking for a transfer from Athens to Piraeus.

If you have an Azamara package then they will arrange the transfers. If not and you are doing yourself then you will need to arrange.  If you DIY I would highly encourage you pre-book something. I have had too many scary taxi journeys from Athens airport. I've used these people and they are excellent. 

https://www.welcomepickups.com/athens/airport-taxi/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=map&utm_campaign= places

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Phil.  Welcome Pickups is great!  I've used them from the Athens Airport to my hotel in Athens and also to the ship in Piraeus.  They are reasonably priced and dependable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have booked our first cruise on Azamara Journey. We are Elite +on Celebrity can we still use this status on Azamara. How do we use it and what does it entitle us to?

We are really looking forward to trying out Azamara.

Posted (edited)

In a topic headed First-timers on Azamara cjajoh asks about OBC for B2B cruises and Phil (excitedofharpenden) tells him that there is OBC available. It’s $150 per cruise for cruises of 4 days or less, $300 per cruise for cruises of 5-8 days and $400 per cruise for cruises of 9 or more days. There is a form on Azamara’s website that you can complete to apply for the OBC. https://www.azamara.co.uk/plan/back-to-back-voyages. The OBC  for each cruise has to be used on that cruise.

I have added this to the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 2

Glad you found it helpful. I suppose I should also say that the spreadsheet was put together pre COVID and when Azamara was still part of RCCL. It doesn’t include anything about COVID systems & procedures, partly because they seem to be a moving target and partly because it’s unclear how long they will remain in place. So far Sycamore don’t seem to have changed much, if anything, but that may well change in future. If so I’ll do my best to keep it up to date.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for all of your hard work in putting this together!  I am an Azamara newbie but have been on many, many other lines.  Have never seen anything like this before!  Thank you for your kindness!

• Like 4

On 8/17/2021 at 10:42 PM, supsarap said:

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for all of your hard work in putting this together!  I am an Azamara newbie but have been on many, many other lines.  Have never seen anything like this before!  Thank you for your kindness!

Delighted that you’ve found it useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1