MAJESTIC PRINCESS - 24th August - Shanghai to Sydney

Ahhhh...all settled in now!! So nice to come home to Princess.

So day 1, a sea day. Had the best nights sleep, so lets talk cabins.

We are in a Deluxe Balcony obstructed,* these are nearly the same cost as an inside, did my homework and we have no obstruction. We are in E412, slightly angled larger balcony. There are a few of these on the hump, no lifeboats obstructing..................

Now for some more news. Captains will change in Singapore, new Captain is Dino Sagani, new CD is Mark Turner, i think it is Mark, any way the one we have is Aussie and can't work in Australia.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your informative posts. We are joining the Majestic when she arrives in Brisbane and staying on for the Fiji cruise so it is good to know what's what. We also have an obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald Deck right forward. From photos we've seen the only obstruction is a non-glass railing and the balcony is extended because of the slope at the bow.

We had Andrew Kadillac on one of our cruises - I thought the Patter bio said he was Canadian. Anyway, looking forward to a new ship. :hearteyes:

Thanks for your informative posts. We are joining the Majestic when she arrives in Brisbane and staying on for the Fiji cruise so it is good to know what's what. We also have an obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald Deck right forward. From photos we've seen the only obstruction is a non-glass railing and the balcony is extended because of the slope at the bow.

We had Andrew Kadillac on one of our cruises - I thought the Patter bio said he was Canadian. Anyway, looking forward to a new ship. :hearteyes:

Hi Sandy...from another Sandy lol... yep, my brother is also forward in the Emerald deck obstructeds..we are a bit more midship but same deck...there is a great site for looking up your balcony view..I will see if I can post it here...see you onboard! cheers... Sandy n Dave :)

here we go.....shows most balconies....scroll down...

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Hi Sandy...from another Sandy lol... yep, my brother is also forward in the Emerald deck obstructeds..we are a bit more midship but same deck...there is a great site for looking up your balcony view..I will see if I can post it here...see you onboard! cheers... Sandy n Dave :)

here we go.....shows most balconies....scroll down...

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

That is the one Sandy..Site is: Renmar Princess Obstructed View. For all Princess ships with obstructed views. Used it many times. Invaluable resource for Princess Cruisers.

That is the one Sandy..Site is: Renmar Princess Obstructed View. For all Princess ships with obstructed views. Used it many times. Invaluable resource for Princess Cruisers.

Thanks Les, yep ,its a great site...such a good resource!

cheers S&D:)

My parents are on the Majestic Princess to NZ. Mum is not in the best of health so my husband and I are going along to help Dad. They are on Aloha deck aft. So I’m thinking of maybe something midship. I’ll look into Emerald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying reading your trip so far. We are on Majestic on the 27th Sept. Also have deluxe obstructed L104 full forward. Have been on Royal before so know ships layout, glad crooners is back and swinging more to Aussie cruiser's. Going with friends who are first time cruiser's. The prices re drinks you have quoted are they Australian dollars or US? Enjoy Tony&Julie.

Had a peek into the karoke rooms, and yes two have been set up with computers with staff helping there as well.

So these computers are for public use...definitely a needed improvement, from only 2 in the minuscule library.

Thanks for posting the improvements and taking time from your cruise to update us.

Glad the New Leaves Tea Bar was not touched, is coffee still served there?

Are the noodle bar, a dim sum bar still running?

Did they make any changes to the Visa lounge? All those gaming tables?

Make sure to enjoy Fantastic Journey...a show not to be missed!

Thanks again...

My parents are on the Majestic Princess to NZ. Mum is not in the best of health so my husband and I are going along to help Dad. They are on Aloha deck aft. So I’m thinking of maybe something midship. I’ll look into Emerald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloha Deck aft is not the best place to be in rough seas, which can be experienced in the Tasman Sea, to/from NZ. Low down - mid ships, place to be.

They probably have to re stock the brown lemonades at Busan, already. Plenty of adult beverages being consumed by the thirsty Aussies, lol. Sales targets being exceeded, F&B Manager would be happy.:cool:

Hi Mic,

Link for The Cruise series season 1 to 4 on YouTube, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn6Du-De0M8&list=PLIOVd9Uol925seb8CJDgw6J85ASScWfUK

The Cruise is hosted by Jane McDonald, People have been raving about these shows. I have yet to see one though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cruise_(TV_series)

There is also a number of series called 'Cruising with Jane McDonald'.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6493842/

Arrived into Busan at 6am this morning to rain and mist.* We were not at the same port as we had docked in on the Diamond Princess a few years ago, the one near the Maritime museum. The International terminal is right in town. Costa Brittanica docked after us.

Princess were selling transfers for $15 to the market area, but there were free transfers organised by the port authority to Busan station.

We had purchased Jumbo bus tickets online which required us to make our way to Busan station, which is stop no 1 for the bus.

There are two different HOHO bus services, City bus has 3 or 4 different loops, Jumbo Bus has one loop of all the main sites, a good choice when you only have a day, and no changing buses and routes etc.

There is no advantage buying online as they can be purchased on arrival.

We got off at 3 of the 12 stops, for about $14 AUD its a good way to see some sights in limited time.

We had no rain, sun came out and it was hot and steamy.

Back on the ship for a late lunch at 3.30pm and a swim in the Hollywood Pool, which was quite cool!

Drinks on our balcony for a 6pm sailaway.

*Captain has informed us that we are heading into some rough weather around the tip of Taiwan and Shanghai, around 5 metres swells. He has cranked up speed to 21 knots so when we get into the bad weather he can slow down. He stated we need to be doing 19 knots to get to Hong Kong in time.

To answer a few questions

Sandy, Yes CD is Canadian, not sure why staff had told us that, i realised when i heard his voice.

No happy hour that we have seen or heard about.

PES drinks in the Vista lounge feels like happy hour, we popped in yesterday, really 4.30 to 6.30pm is too early for us, we usally go at 6.30pm and stay till close at 7pm, then do dinner at 7.30pm, anyway it was not a relaxing intimate affair like they are in Skywalkers, we sat at the entrance and the food was down near the stage. Staff were run off their feet, but for those that use it, you could order any drink on the new menu for $6.50, they dropped the price 50 cents from our last cruise on the Golden.

Yes, Computers in the kareoke suites are for public use., not sure if this is a permanant thing.

Coffee is served at the Gong Cha tea bar.

I noticed coffees being made in the buffet as well, in the bakery section.

Noodle bar is still running, we walked past last night, all the signs and menu are in Chinese?? I am not sure it will last there, it doesnt look permanant. Lobster still available for a cost and the usual hambuger, hot dog grill menu is there.

The gaming tables were still there in the Vista lounge on the first day but just used as tables, will have another look.

A couple of seas days now, then Hong Kong

Signing off from the Majestic which hasnt started Rockin n Rollin yet!!!!

Appreciate you responding to my questions....you are definitely a person of detail.

Hopefully the Noddle bar will remain....the food was pretty good...a nice change from the usual fare on Princess ships, had a daily special, nice to grab a bowl and take it to "Hollywood", nicest place on Majestic in MHO. We spend a lot of time there when cruising from Singapore to Shanghai.

How wonderful that PES happy hour allowed you to select drinks....another improvement.... however, will say that location on on Royal class ships and especially Majestic, is dark & rather "lifeless." And seating is so tight.....not a very functional location, when sitting close to the stage.

2 sea days, great...more time to Explore beautiful Majestic, hopefully you will find the dragon, wings and the spy glasses, look AFT.

May sunny skies greet you in Hong Kong.....Thanks again for providing informative details....

Enjoy your cruise.....L:Dri

Edited by land lover

The Cruise is hosted by Jane McDonald, People have been raving about these shows. I have yet to see one though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cruise_(TV_series)

There is also a number of series called 'Cruising with Jane McDonald'.https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6493842/

It might actually be this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cruise_(2016_TV_series)

If so, they filmed on board the cruise we did to Alaska last year on the Star Princess - I remember seeing signs up that they were filming. We didn't end up on screen though, probably a good thing :D

Chez mentioned the sea state through Taiwan Strait to HK in next couple of days. Checking HK Met forecasts, no more than Force 7-8 with seas to 5M. Nothing dramatic, just a little bit of movement.:hearteyes: Get the sea legs going.:eek:

Thanks again Cheznandy, lots of great info for us all, you will have a huge following on this thread for sure...my brother and his partner are with us on the cruise, their second Princess cruise, so they will find all the information very helpful...enjoy your day....cheers S&D:)

Chez mentioned the sea state through Taiwan Strait to HK in next couple of days. Checking HK Met forecasts, no more than Force 7-8 with seas to 5M. Nothing dramatic, just a little bit of movement.:hearteyes: Get the sea legs going.:eek:

Heres the forecast for their day on Hong Kong..

1_hk.jpg