Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

OMG! Those pictures are hilarious! That monkey in the second picture is hugging you like he just found his long lost friend!

Owen doesn’t look so happy in that last one. I don’t think he liked monkey butt in his face, can’t say that I would either. Otherwise he looked like he enjoyed it.

I love animals, but I think I would pass on that. I think it would freak me out. You were all very brave!

So glad that you all are enjoying a wonderful vacation!

One last thought: why do you have to have a guide when you snorkel there? We had to have one in Costa Maya when we snorkeled there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OMG! Those pictures are hilarious! That monkey in the second picture is hugging you like he just found his long lost friend!

Owen doesn’t look so happy in that last one. I don’t think he liked monkey butt in his face, can’t say that I would either. Otherwise he looked like he enjoyed it.

I love animals, but I think I would pass on that. I think it would freak me out. You were all very brave!

So glad that you all are enjoying a wonderful vacation!

One last thought: why do you have to have a guide when you snorkel there? We had to have one in Costa Maya when we snorkeled there too.

Our snorkel trip lasted an hour. The current was strong and it was wavy. I think they have the guide along to help insure you do not get in trouble. Also to show you what you are looking at. He also had a “Bay Watch” style red float device. Owen used it a couple times for a break. The guide even towed Owen along during that break.

I highly suspect the ships want guides as well. Go on your own to the beach to snorkel and you have no guide.

If there were ever a post with photos that I wanted to quote, it would be the monkey series. Just an awesome group of photos - from the monkey obviously in love with you to Owen being choked by monkey tail (I think it’s because the monkey was jealous and wanted to take his place as your son) to Lisa being molested. Great family memories. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are planning to go to Jaime's Blue reef resort for the day at Costa Maya, has all you can eat and drink, great reviews, on the beach, will set you up with private cabana area for your family, $48 pp I think. $3 taxi ride from port. If the seaweed isn't too bad, you guys might like this for a relaxing beach day - you could catch up on your sleep in the shade! Loving the review, thank you for doing this.

Your day at Maya Key looks fabulous!!

Roatán has been my favorite stop in all of our cruises so far. Last trip we hired Victor Bodden tours and a driver for the day was $75 for 4 of us, and we went to Mayan Jungle Canopy (45$ each for 12 awesome ziplines!! And access to monkeys/parrots/sloths) and then we went to West End Beach (this is more local and not the touristy west Bay beach) and also got a tour of the island and had a photographer to take our photos in front of the Roatan sign. I can’t wait to go back...there were a lot of other choices for the private tour day (snorkeling off a catamaran, other beaches etc).

Anyway - the photos from this day became our Christmas card!

The front said ‘From our monkeys to yours’ (pictures of both my kids with monkeys on their heads) and the back said ‘wishing you a happy and healthy 2018 with just the right amount of monkey business’ and it had more photos of us with parrots and monkeys... it was a really colorful card and definitely different - we got a lot of compliments! I would definitely put your monkey pictures in the card running!

We have never been to Costa Maya - looking forward to seeing what it’s like there! Enjoy your final stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t believe I didn’t find this thread till yesterday! Thank you, Andrew, for ‘killing some time’ for me as I impatiently await our Anthem sailing next month! Always enjoy your threads. Thanks for taking the time to share with us. [emoji16]