Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
scrappycat2

Rum Point Tour

Looking to spend as much time at Rum Point as possible and have lunch at the Wreck for my BF's birthday.

Looking at Nativeways "Rays, Reefs and Rum Point" or Carnival's "Stingray City Sandbar and Rum Point Beach Safari"

Can anyone recommend either one of these tours and if one is better than the other?

Thanks. :)

On 8/23/2018 at 2:48 PM, scrappycat2 said:

Looking to spend as much time at Rum Point as possible and have lunch at the Wreck for my BF's birthday.

Looking at Nativeways "Rays, Reefs and Rum Point" or Carnival's "Stingray City Sandbar and Rum Point Beach Safari"

Can anyone recommend either one of these tours and if one is better than the other?

Thanks. :)

I'd vote for Nativeway.  Smaller Group, they pre-order your lunch so it is waiting for you when you get to Rum Point and you will probably spend less for a better day tour. 

I tried the Nativeways tour on my first trip to Grand Cayman and it was an unorganized mess of a day, that left half of us sprinting for the final tenders on our various ships that day.

They were running three different tours that day, from three different vans in the parking lot.

The staff kept arguing in the parking lot, over which pax should be in which van, on which tour.

Finally they filled the vans and left for the pier with the three boats.

When we arrived there, they again argued over who should be on which boat/tour.

After more nonsense, we finally left and headed out to SRC.

Halfway there, we stopped, so one of the other boats could pull aside and AGAIN swap pax.

After another 30 minute delay, we finally head to SRC.

Wound up with a shortened stop at SRC and the reef, then we headed for Rum Point.

Again we stopped for another 15 minutes to swap pax.

By the time we got to Rum Point, they told us we would have a whopping 30 minutes there before having to leave to head back.

By the time the vans got us back near the tenders, the group heading back to a Princess ship and our group headed back to Carnival, had to sprint from the street (in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic) back to our tenders.

We wasted at least 90 minutes swapping pax between vans at the start and between boats on the water.

Luckily I found Stingray Sailing and have never looked back.

Hope whoever you find for your tour, provides you with a professional, great day.

Edited by bguppies

If you don't want to do the stingrays....last time we were there we rented a car and drove to Rum Point for the day